• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Festival of Halina (Orsal Judging)

two

First Post
Bront said:
You easily sort through them and read them with casting Read Magic. If you wish to scribe them in your book, that's 1 day per spell, and 100 gp per spell level per spell (I think that's a dumb cost rule btw, but that's the way it works). Fortunatly, you can take a 10 on your spellcraft roll and hit the DC 16 required to scribe and understand the spells, so you don't need to roll.

After figuring out all the scrolls, Sunny begins to wander the festival again. Not spying Daphnie the north fields, he looks around in the east fields, thinking perhaps she is doing something with the townsfolk. However, that does not prove to be fruitfull either. The townsfolk have setup several booths, many with food, but a few with items for sale, many of which have some sort of assosiation to the festival*. There is a priest who is telling stories to the people of Halina's glory and accomplishments. Many of the townsfolk are finishing setting up tables under the large pavilion in preperation for the feast tonight.

Plenty of interest, but no Daphnie. So, you head over towards the western fields. Sure enough, you spot Daphnie, Troi, and Rinaldo having a conversation.

*OOC: I'm evisioning an item that has this carved in it "I went to the Festival of Halina(TM) and all I got was this lousy suit of Full Plate." ;)

Sunny finds that very strange. He isn't sure what Troi is doing there at all. He feels suddenly ashamed in a strange way; as if something was slipping through his fingers, but he isn't sure what. Why doesn't he simply go over there and say hello? Because of the akwardness that would necessarily result... and perhaps a small degree of jealousy is mixed up in it as well, directed at Troi... he turns tail, stomping back to his tent, ready to bury himself in the intricacies of the scrolls.. if he can.

Bront

The man with the probe
two said:
Sunny finds that very strange. He isn't sure what Troi is doing there at all. He feels suddenly ashamed in a strange way; as if something was slipping through his fingers, but he isn't sure what. Why doesn't he simply go over there and say hello? Because of the akwardness that would necessarily result... and perhaps a small degree of jealousy is mixed up in it as well, directed at Troi... he turns tail, stomping back to his tent, ready to bury himself in the intricacies of the scrolls.. if he can.
If Sunny doesn't plan on attending the feast tonight, he can finish scribing one of the scrolls into his book today, just let me know which one.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi has no problem with letting Daphnie lead the way through the festival. He'll wander with her until she either asks him to leave or something more important comes up, at which point he will wander on his own or investigate whatever else called his attention.

OoC: Important being a party member is in trouble or some disaster happens... not likely, but possible.

Bront

The man with the probe
Daphnie will lead out around the freefolk caravans, looking at dresses, trinkets, and other things till the early afternoon.

"Thanks for showing me around Troi, you're a sweetie. Shame we never found Sunny. I need to get ready for tonight, don't want to make daddy mad." She gives Troi a quick kiss and dashes off.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Daphnie
"Thanks for showing me around Troi, you're a sweetie. Shame we never found Sunny. I need to get ready for tonight, don't want to make daddy mad."

Troi shrugs. "No problem..." He says as she flits off.

"Well, that was... diff'rent." He says to himself. "Got nothin' ta do, might as well head back ta Ingus 'til th' thing starts later, er whatever..."

He heads back for Ingus' caravan. Once there, he pulls out his whip and boomerang and begins practicing with them.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi glances at Sunny as he pulls out his weaponry.

"Thought ya were a fightin' kinda guy, not th' spellcastin' type." He observes with a shrug.

"When ye're done there, ya wanna spare fer a bit?" He adds as an afterthought. "Could use a little practice wi' my boomerang."

two

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
Troi glances at Sunny as he pulls out his weaponry.

"Thought ya were a fightin' kinda guy, not th' spellcastin' type." He observes with a shrug.

"When ye're done there, ya wanna spare fer a bit?" He adds as an afterthought. "Could use a little practice wi' my boomerang."

"Yeah well maybe I have time to read because I'm not so busy walking around the festival," Sunny mutters, "maybe you should think about that Troi before you go spouting off. Yeah, you might consider that for a moment. But you do seem busy. Really busy. Quite busy. You were busy, you might be busy, you may be busy, you shall be busy, you were getting busy. Busy as a bee."

Says Sunny, Darkly.

Kishwa Dogteeth

First Post
El Jefe said:
After a time, he was sure both he and Fang had strolled past every booth, wagon, and tent in the north field, either this day or the day before. Glancing at the sun, he determined that they had yet a little more time before Fang was due back at the temple, so Oirhandir suggested that they try the west field next. The freefolk were certainly a strange and wonderful people, and the elf imagined that he might even travel with them for a while some time...maybe next year. He wondered if he would find Rinaldo at his tent.

QUOTE]

"Wes field be fine" Fang agreed. "Not surein I be buyin anfin more, but I go wit yue."

Fang followed Oirhandir to the west field, and kept careful track of time along the way. Above everything, he didn't want to be late for his mid-day meeting.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Sunny
"Yeah well maybe I have time to read because I'm not so busy walking around the festival, maybe you should think about that Troi before you go spouting off. Yeah, you might consider that for a moment. But you do seem busy. Really busy. Quite busy. You were busy, you might be busy, you may be busy, you shall be busy, you were getting busy. Busy as a bee."

Troi looks to him as he lashes out his whip once. "What's up with you?"

Remove ads