The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)

Salix

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Devlin deftly maneuvers down the side of the building, with Ryland watching anxiously from the window. The human slips the orb into his bag and checks Brigit's condition. She's alive, and breathing, and somewhat stable. Devlin checks her pulse and clears her airway, careful not to move her neck. Surveying her injuries, our hero surmises that most of the damage is to her legs and hips, and her spine and neck are intact. He rips a bit of cloth from her dress and bandages the scrapes on her legs. Surprising himself with his healing skill, Devlin is confident that Brigit will now survive the fall, if given time to recover. She is still unconscious.

Ryland taps on the sill of the window to get Devlin's attention. He raises his hands, palms up, while shrugging his shoulders, as if to say "what next"?

Dungannon

First Post
Now convinced that Brigit will survive, Devlin moves the sacks of dishes and food closer to her, doublechecks the orb and climbs back up to the room.

Once back upstairs, Devlin quickly explains his plan. "You go hide the orb in our room, I'll go tell Vagan about the girl we found climbing out the window as we walked in and how she fell from surprise."

ooc: climb check = 19

Salix

First Post
Once again, Ryland quickly does what Devlin asks. Hope we aren't incriminating ourselves with this thing, he thinks as he stashes it under the bed.

Dungannon

First Post
Once Ryland returns, Devlin motions for him to follow back downstairs to meet with Vagan.

"Officer, there's an injured woman in the alleyway out back. When we entered Fatwon's room, she was there, just beginning to climb out the window with a sack of something in her hand. We must've startled her, because she let out a gasp, then she just...fell."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Vagan looks at Devlin, a wary gleam in his experienced eye, but then the officer nods. "Trying to sneak away, was she? She wouldn't have gotten far, not under my watch." Vagan beckons to a subordinate and tells him to look around back for the girl, and to call a healer. "But tell me, Mr. Magruder, who exactly is this woman and what was she doing in that room with you and the criminals?"

Salix

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Vagan looks at Devlin, a wary gleam in his experienced eye, but then the officer nods. "Trying to sneak away, was she? She wouldn't have gotten far, not under my watch." Vagan beckons to a subordinate and tells him to look around back for the girl, and to call a healer. "But tell me, Mr. Magruder, who exactly is this woman and what was she doing in that room with you and the criminals?"
Ryland turns his head slightly from Vagan to his partner, This ought to be interesting.

OOC: Getting close. I might be out of town for a couple of weeks starting August 6th. Not definite, but a possibility.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Well, let's keep the pace up and shoot for an August 5th finish, then!

IG: I thought Ryland was upstairs while Devlin was speaking with Vagan alone downstairs?

Salix

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Well, let's keep the pace up and shoot for an August 5th finish, then!

IG: I thought Ryland was upstairs while Devlin was speaking with Vagan alone downstairs?

He followed back downstairs, he's been deferential to the more experienced Devlin all game.

DNon said:
Once Ryland returns, Devlin motions for him to follow back downstairs to meet with Vagan.

"Officer, there's an injured woman in the alleyway out back. When we entered Fatwon's room, she was there, just beginning to climb out the window with a sack of something in her hand. We must've startled her, because she let out a gasp, then she just...fell."

OOC: I just don't want one of my absences to slow the game to a crawl again. :\

Dungannon

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
"But tell me, Mr. Magruder, who exactly is this woman and what was she doing in that room with you and the criminals?"

Devlin cocks an eyebrow at this statement. He gives Vagan a curious stare before answering. "My dear Captain, who ever said she was at the meeting in our room? I told you she was in Mr. Camdar's room when she fell out of the window."

Remove ads