The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I'm sorry, gentlemen, I made an error. I thought you were returning to Devlin and Ryland's room first. Salix's mention of "door #1" threw me off. The window in Kamdar's room does not lead out to the same alley, in fact it opens out into a public road. Brigit certainly would not have chosen that window to sneak out of. If you had gone into Kamdar's room, you'd have found it empty, and probably gone to Devlin and Ryland's room next, so I don't think too much has been affected. I apologize!

Vagan looks at Devlin, surprised at something. Then he coughs, and the stoic look returns to the officer's face. "Ahem. Mr. Magruder, the Watch has eyes and ears all over this city. Please, tell me what you know of this woman."

[sblock=Ryland: ]Devlin seems oblivious, but Ryland realizes that Vagan isn't referring to his subordinate watchmen or secret contacts at all. Vagan must've been listening by the door for at least some of the "business meeting" our heroes had with the criminals.[/sblock]

Salix

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
I'm sorry, gentlemen, I made an error. I thought you were returning to Devlin and Ryland's room first. Salix's mention of "door #1" threw me off. The window in Kamdar's room does not lead out to the same alley, in fact it opens out into a public road. Brigit certainly would not have chosen that window to sneak out of. If you had gone into Kamdar's room, you'd have found it empty, and probably gone to Devlin and Ryland's room next, so I don't think too much has been affected. I apologize!

Vagan looks at Devlin, surprised at something. Then he coughs, and the stoic look returns to the officer's face. "Ahem. Mr. Magruder, the Watch has eyes and ears all over this city. Please, tell me what you know of this woman."
Ryland speaks up " Her name is Brigit O'Shalley. She was Archer's client at the time of his death, and we have been looking out for her interests in the matter since. We have", he looks at Devlin" different viewpoints on her involvement in the affair. Nonetheless, she denied it while I tried to hypnotize her."
OOC: Sorry for the confusion about the doors. Just trying to bump this thing along with a "Let's Make a Deal reference.

Salix

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Vagan nods slowly and says, "Magic is a useful tool, but not an infallible one. Is that all?"
The gnome shakes his head up and down while slightly pursing his lips, " Yeah... that about covers it. You got any ideas?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Vagan looks at Ryland coolly. "I have a few theories, some of which put you two and your cohort McVayne in the brig. We'll know more when this Brigit girl is brought in, but I haven't ruled out a malicious shove out the window. In spite of evidence to the contrary, I still have a little faith in humanity," he says while giving Ryland a sideways look, "So I'll give you two talespinners one more chance to get your stories straight before we get the truth out of the new girl in town." Whether that's just an expression or Vagan knows more about Brigit than he's letting on is unclear. His expectant gaze shifts from Ryland to Devlin and back again.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Oh, and Salix: Ryland keeps saying that Brigit denied the accusation under hypnosis. I'm not sure if Ryland is just saying that to Vagan, but you and Ryland should both be aware that Brigit passed her will save every time. She was never actually hypnotized. The effects of the spell are quite obvious (as evidenced by Jobe's reaction). Just wanted to make sure you understood that.

Salix

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Oh, and Salix: Ryland keeps saying that Brigit denied the accusation under hypnosis. I'm not sure if Ryland is just saying that to Vagan, but you and Ryland should both be aware that Brigit passed her will save every time. She was never actually hypnotized. The effects of the spell are quite obvious (as evidenced by Jobe's reaction). Just wanted to make sure you understood that.

OOC: oh.. I figured she made the save, but I wasn't sure if Ryland was supposed to have figured that out. I was playing him as if he hadn't. Devlin might want to clue his partner in. ;)

Ryland looks at Devlin expectantly, as if to guess what he's going to say.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin stares at the lawman as he implies his accusations. "I'm disappointed in you, sir. To be sure, that young lady is involved deeply in what has happened, but as to yet we have been unable to get anything substantial out of her. But to suggest that we had a hand in Furlong Archer's demise is insulting to our honor and your intelligence."

Remove ads