Niobe's Dilemma (Manzanita Judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: I'm going to assume Pician (Or is it... Pacian? =P ) has an arms trainer of some sort.

In the days leading up to the coronation, Razh spends much of his time out on the field with Master Doe, Lord Pician's arms trainer. Razh has asked Master Doe to teach him how to effectively use a shield in return for some pointers on the master's own techniques. Both man and dwarf are seasoned warriors, and for the first day they mostly spar with extra-heavy, blunt weapons. Master Doe is impressed with Rasereit's strength, and Rasereit is equally as impressed with Master Doe's form.

The next day, Rasereit teaches John (as Master Doe has asked to be called) a few of his spinning dual-axe moves. John is a quick learner, and soon he is wielding two short swords almost as effectively as Razh wields two axes.

On the third day, Razh picks up a shield for the first time. John teaches the dwarf where and when to block, and then the pair proceeds to spar. Razh catches John completely off guard when he smashes the trainer in the chest with the shield, knocking him right on his ass. Razh laughs and John gets up to teach the dwarf why he loses the protection from the shield when he uses it that way, but for some reason, he can't get through Razh's defenses. Razh is extremely excited at the prospects of this new fighting style, and by the end of the third day both of them are blocking and bashing with their shields. By the time the coronation comes, they are good friends, and both are much better combatants for having dueled the other.

Rasereit goes into town with Ogrin one afternoon, but decides to order his new equipment back in Orussus. He does visit the tailor to patch up his kilt and get a new cotton shirt, and he pays a smith to polish and sharpen his various metal possessions. Razh wears his freshly polished battle gear to the funeral and the coronation.

On the carriage ride home, he teaches the others a few rowdy dwarven drinking songs. He enjoys the food immensely, but by the time they make it to Orussus he is very restless. He bids Ogrin goodbye, sure that he'll see him in the Red Dragon Inn sometime soon. As for selling the goods to Rinaldo, Rasereit is all for it. He'd love to help out an old comrade and make some extra money on the side.

OOC: I think selling to Rinaldo is a good idea. The store thread has been empty for months, and I think it's a good way to give back to the community... and make some profit. Razh could give Ogrin some cash for his share of the loot and then sell it to Rinaldo if Ogrin doesn't want to spend the time.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Lasair is also interested to sell to Rinaldo. At the very least, she wonders if it is the same Rinaldo who is a thief and a vagrant from Covington. Out of character I know it isn't, but she doesn't, frustrated as she is by the way you Westerners are underspecific without your proper clan names :lol: )

rln

Explorer
Ogrin trusts Razh to hold on to any excess money until they meet again. And should they be accidentally spent, they're sure to come to good use.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Very well then. Shall we move this into the store thread? It was excellent adventuring with you all. rln, always a pleasure. Rystil, GW, and Bront, thanks for hanging in there, Nim will be missed, and Doghead... I didn't really know you, but you dropping out made it possible for me and rln to join up, so thanks to you too, I guess. =P

Final financial calculations.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
rln said:
OOC2: I believe Ogrin asked for a Letter of commendation before, does he receive it?
Did he? I must have missed that...

*Searches* Nope, you mentioned the ones you were supposed to recieve from Manzinita, not here. Different adventure.

Yes, there is a master at arms. I answered, but just said "Yes, there is" :eek: No problem on the little writeup for that.

So, hope everyone had fun. Sorry it got a little slow, but I had a blast running it.

GW, if you want, I can give you a little OOC info to update Zidanial with if you want to include it in your info about him.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Would it be too much to ask for Lord Pician to give his heroes (and heroin) letters of commendation? Either a sealed paper, or better yet, a medal or an inscribed dagger or something. I realize 40,000gp is quite a lot, but the letters don't really have monetary value, just RP value.

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: You won't know till you ask, but he doesn't seem like the kind of man who'd be offended by the question :)

Manzanita

First Post
Another fine adventure. Started 05/16/06, so 10 DM credits sound about right. Thanks for keeping this one going despite your trying RL times, Bront.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

The day after the coronation, Rasereit goes to Baron Pician to offer his congratulations and to ask a little favor... "'Allo, Baron, congrats on the, succeedin'... an' all that. Ah think ye'll make a right leader, ye will. An' the lady, too, she's a beaut', make a fine couple." He coughs. "Eh, look, Ah was thinkin', if it's not too much, maybe ye could give me an' me mates a few letters o'... Well, what d'ye call 'em, o' merit? Or summat." Razh isn't used to asking politely for things; his head is bowed, his feet paw the ground, and his hands are twiddling behind his back. "Ah know we collected quite the reward, but it wouldn't take too much o' yer time, an' it'd do somethin' fantastic fer our reputations, ye know?" He finally makes eye contact with the baron.

Remove ads