Niobe's Dilemma (Manzanita Judging)

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Lasair]"My rights as holdmistress? I think you misunderstand. He is a lord of this mannor and the Barrony. He has as much right to do what he has as anyone. It would be my place to do such things only in his absense. Not that he would mind if I did. But he has not infringed on me at all."

"I guess things work differently where you are from. I thank you for your concern, and I would like to hear more about it if I may. I don't think I'll be going out to much over the next few days, and it will be nice to have another woman to talk to."

OOC: We can gloss over those discussions, so don't worry too much about that part :)[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Niobe](OOC: Okay--Lasair will basically explain that while men may be Clan Chiefs--leaders of men who make administrative decisions like declaring war, the Holdmistress is the only one who can hold landed property and grant invitation to her holdings.[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Lasair]OOC: And Niobe will explain how things work in the real world ;) Men tend to have domain over all, particularly if they are the reigning lords, though the women do often have more domain in their own home. She'll also speak of her discussions with Pician about decisions he's had to make as a Pro Temp ruler while his father was ill, in her mind demonstrating that she has much influence in his decisions as well.

Also, I sent GW an e-mail. If he doesn't respond by Wensday, I'll sum it up and have him leave the extra 1k to go hunt Zidanial. So it all ends Wensday.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Razh grins at Troi. "Right, then that settles it. Ogrin, mate, we're goin' shoppin'!" Razh slaps the halfling on the back. He almost falls over. "Er, sorry there mate. Don' know me own strength..." Razh mumbles sheepishly.

To everybody he says, "After the cor'nation thinger, d'ye want t'take our goodies to Di'senzio's Magic shop? Ah heard ye mention 'im before, at dinner or summat. Ogrin an' Ah, we know the guy, he's got good deals for fellow adventurers like ourselves." Razh then launches the story of how he, Ogrin, Rinaldo, and some others escaped from beneath an erupting volcano.

OOC: Bront, does the keep have an arms trainer?

Bront

The man with the probe
Your payment arives late in the morning, in full. Pician notes to you that he'll settle up any further monies after the corination.

The next day is the funeral, which is a stately affair, and has many finely dressed nobles and other mourners in attendance. It is a drawn out affair, very official, and it seems for the most part, the attendies are indeed in mourning, though it's obvious a few are there for show as well.

There is a procession though the streets of Earling, and it seems most of the city has stoped to pay its respects to the departed Barron. The procession ends at the family Crypt, where his undead family members greet him warmly he is finaly laid to rest.

[sblock=Lasair]Durring some of the mulling around before the funeral, someone slips Lasair a note. She's not sure who, but she thinks she sees a vaguely familiar figure off in the distance.

The note reads:
Thank you for saving Niobe. I owe you a great debt of honor. I hope we meet again some day.

Carsis
[/sblock]

There are a few days after the funeral spent preparing for the corination, where the mannor is in near Chaos. Niobe seems quite visable in her goings about, not only from her radiant beauty, but perhaps by consious chose of her own. She and Lasair occasionaly talk as well, when she's not busy working with the staff on the occasion (and occasionaly while she is).

The Corination is indeed a grand spectical, with Pician dressed in regal robes, and Niobe sparkling with beauty in a dress fit for a queen. They each swear an oath before accepting their crowns, and an announcer shouts to all in attendance "Please welcome, for the first time, Barron Pician and Barroness Niobe!" Those in attendance rise to their feet, and a thunderous applause rocks the room.

Afterwards, there is much dinning and celebration. The entire town is aglow in celebration. Music and festivities last long into the night, and you expect some may even continue into the morrow.

The next day, Barron Pician and Niobe are up in the morning to see you off. They have arranged a carriage back to Orussis if you wish, though this time, the Carriage intends to stop for the night a few times. He also hands each of you your final payment, with a hearty handshake. "Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. You have done a good service to the people of Earling, but most importantly, my darling Niobe is safe. I wish you luck on your travels."

Niobe smiles and curties to you all, "Thank you again as well. If you ever return to Earling, Pician and I would be honored for you to stop by. Perhaps you can share stories of your travels, as I doubt we'll do much of that in the near future ourselves."

The ride back is smooth and quite comfortable, much more so than the ride to Earling. Rooms and warm meals await you morning and night, and while the trip is not as expediant, you still make fine time and require little exertion on your own part.

--------------------------------

And so ends Niobe's Dilemma. You can use this thread to finish up anything else you may wish to do in Earling or afterwards. If there are any questions, or things you wish to tie up, feel free, we can retcon them if need be. I can also potentialy answer questions OOC about the adventure.

I'd also like some feedback. It's been fun playing with you all, and my only regret is that we lost most of the origionals for some time, but Ogrin and Razh helped pick up the slack and were a nice addition as well.

Awards:
The 40,000 gold initialy offered, of course (already split, so no big deal)
1,000 gold per person who stayed (Troi, Lasair, Razh, and Ogrin)
XP already awarded
Additional XP (time+other)
Lasair - 200
Razh - 300
Ogrin - 300
Troi - 250

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Woohoo--time to level up Lasair as soon as I have time. And she's now 1/3rd of the way to my goal of a Torque of Power Preservation. I'm probably not going to be able to have her survive if I don't spend some of that now to buy her some buffer items, though

Parting question--are we going to send the magic stuff to Rinaldo for the bit of extra gold and to help out other future adventurers?)

rln

Explorer
OOC: Ogrin would vote for dividing all the money now, as anything else would mean he's stuck with all the other guys for three weeks or whatever that wagon took :)

OOC2: I believe Ogrin asked for a Letter of commendation before, does he receive it?

As the carriage finally comes to a stop in Orussus, Ogrin gets out, stretches and enjoys the fine, evening stench of the city. "Well, chaps, it's been nice travellin' with ya'll, but now I need to spend some of this hard-earned cash before it burns a hole in my pocket, know what I mean? Ta!" He nods at you all and disappears into the crowds. You have a feeling it's not the last you'll see of him.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
Parting question--are we going to send the magic stuff to Rinaldo for the bit of extra gold and to help out other future adventurers?

Since I wasn't really around for most of the adventure in which we got said loot, I won't take part in that decision. Whatever the rest of you decide, I'm fine with.

Remove ads