Niobe's Dilemma (Manzanita Judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Your question? what question? As to tarrying, that's a reference to above when Niobe seemed to want to say something but didn't--Lasair was going to tarry and let her say it if she wished, out of respect for the Holdmistress)

Bront

The man with the probe
The one I put in the wrong adventure :eek:

OOC: Assuming you guys are willing to stay for the Corination, I can sum things up pretty quickly. If that's not the case, I'll have to continue.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Lasair really doesn't want to stay for the coronation--it would not be right for her to be there as these are not her people, and it brings back bad memories of the Festival of Halina. She won't unless she is specifically asked to do so by Niobe. Why would we only continue if we didn't stay? Couldn't we just go back to the RDI? I'm guessing something weird goes on in between now and the coronation and we have to be there? :lol: )

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: No, I can sum things up for everyone if I know you're staying. If not, there will be more RP and such, as they don't want you to leave.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I know ;)

But if the only choices here are to leave or stay, then anyone who also chooses to leave will want to skip to that part too, and everyone who wants to stay will want you to do the summary as you suggested, which would stop for whoever wants to leave because we need to get past that before we can get to the coronation, right?

I may be mistaken--I only suggested it because I figured that it only mattered whether or not there was at least one person who didn't want to stay so you could skip if there wasn't? Sorry!)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: The summary includes the part of you potentialy leaving tomorow (He won't have your payment till then). And it's your fault for turning down any potential payment staying longer might ensue :p

OOC: Also, I've been TRYING to keep out of OOCs, but I can't get you guys back in character for some reason :(

rln

Explorer
OOC: Sorry about the OOC's, I just figured we might take the time while you were gone to finalize the treasure splitting. This will be my last for a while. :)

Ogrins intention, after receiving his part of the treasure, is to go back to town a few hours to order new clothes for the coronation and the funeral. He's hoping to get Razh with him, but doubt that will be possible. After that he'll return to continue partaking of lord Picians hospitality. Of course, if the funeral and coronation both take place on the morning, that might be a bit short of time to do that...

As for now, he's pretty beat and wouldn't mind sleeping a little. But he'll of course wait a few hours for news on the old Baron.

As Niobe and lord Pician leaves the room, Ogrin says in a hushed voice:"Let's pray the Dog guides the old man well on the unseen path." This is probably the most spiritual thing you've heard him say.

Assuming that Lasair somehow makes her desire not to be here on the coronation festivities...

"Lasair, you seemed a bit uncomfortable when lord Pician mentioned the coronation and the festivities. At least stay until the funeral; in our lands it is considered disrespectful to leave without saying your farewells to the departed. It would also seem strange that the heroes that rescued Niobe does not wait for his ascension. I am sure the lord and lady would ask you to remain, but for the moment they have other things on their minds..."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yeah, agreed on the apologies, but like rln, I agree that treasure-splitting OOC seemed like a good idea, and then we had the OOC question--there's probably only IC stuff left for Lasair as well--looking forward to seeing what comes next)

Remove ads