Festival of Halina: Adventurers Gone Wild! (Orsal Judging)

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: I'm sure I awarded XP again after October, because I remember doing it, just not sure exactly when (and lazy me, I figured I could compile the entire awards togeather eventualy by doing a search in the thread, and never updated the tracking thread) Orihandir was 3rd level, right?
Yeah. He was 2nd level at the start of FoH (once we got the XP from his previous adventure straightened out), and the big bandit fight pushed him above 3rd level. I recall that you gave out "time spent" XP when we started the new thread, and I don't remember any more XP after that (not that we haven't earned any, just that I thought you'd award it all at the end of the adventure, provided there wasn't a fight or two along the way).

Bront

The man with the probe
Found it, post 591

That was the last XP award, in december.

Whew. I feel better :)

Edit, BTW, the August/September thing for Troi is a typo.

El Jefe

First Post
OoC: Ok, that settles it. My 12/29/05 character sheet was last updated on 11/30/05...the date of that post. And I thought that the big bandit fight put me just past 3rd level, but it didn't...I was knocking on 3rd, and the October XP award put me over. Further confirmation is that the October award was for 400 XP, and as of 11/30/05, Oirhandir had 3885...impossible if 400 just put him over 3000 and no further XP had been awarded.

It's all good now. :cool:

Bront

The man with the probe
When we last left our adventurers, Fang had fallen Ill, and was being cared for by Hellen, Elise was going off with Valdor, and Sunny had gone, presumably after Daphnie.

OOC: I did sumarize the final dinner, unfortunately that's been lost :( I'm not going to rewrite it, but continue from there.

Ingus, Lenny, and Karl are working on packing up what little is left, and Ingus seems pleased, having sold a majority of his wares he brought here to sell. He asks for the rest of you to help, and within an hour, there is little evidence that there was anything more than some campers here. Ingus bids you a fair night, mentioning that he would like to leave early in the morning, so get what rest you can. He seems somewhat eager to return to Orussus.

The final evening passes uneventfully, and in the morning, after a quick breakfast, Ingus is ready to go. It seems many merchants are leaving and heading the same route, and as a result, you find yourself in line with about 4 other caravans, each guarded to some extent, which makes for a much safer trip back to Orrusus. if not somewhat slower.

So, almost 8 days later, you find yourselves setting foot back in the town square. Ingus shakes each of your hands and smiles, "You did well for me, and I'm glad I had little use of your services. I hope you enjoyed the festival, and perhaps I'll have the pleasure of employing you some other time."

He hands you each a bag, containing 210 gold (200 from the return trip, and 10 from your final night). "Be safe, and Helina bless your journies."

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=XP awards]
Elise - 100 RP/Adventure, 300 Time (December, January, March)
Lasair - 300 RP/Adventure, 600 Time (December, January, February, March, April, May)
Oirhandir - 400 RP/Adventure, 900 Time (December, January, February, March, April, May)
Troi - 200 RP/Adventure, 800 Time (January, March, April, May)
[/sblock]
Money has been already dealth with. This is pending approval by Orsal.

GW, I know you missed December, I think another month (I said February, not excatuly sure which one though), but I wasn't sure. let me know if you disagree.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair nods.*

"I am glad that I was able to be of service. This trip helped me learn more of the ways of the people of these lands, frightful though some of them may be."

(OOC: Cool. How many days were there in total in the festival?)

Bront

The man with the probe
Post Game Breakdown

This is for the post game breakdown. We have all sorts of fun things to do here.

#1) I want some player feedback. How was I as a GM? How was the Adventure? Was there something I could have improved? Keep in mind, I warned you there would be very little combat involved ahead of time.

#2) Any questions about the adventure, the characters or such? I'll answer most of them (There's a few I won't).

#3) Did you enjoy it? What was your favorite part? What was your least favorite?

#4) Did I do a good job handling the droped characters in a way that was the least disruptive? Input is again appreciated.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Cool. How many days were there in total in the festival?)
6 days too, 7 days at the festival (you were there the day before hand, then the opening day, the 4 meals of each direction, and then the final day), and 8 days back, so all in all, 3 weeks, give or take a day.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Lessee:

#1) You seemed to be on top of things as a GM, with extremely few rules issues compared other GMs I have seen in LEW and a fairly clear idea of how you wanted to run a Time Matrix style adventure. The adventure had nice flavourful details and characters. However, pacing became an issue, though a goodly portion of this was due to circumstances beyond anyone's control. The beginning pacing was excellent, but due to a combination of players dropping out (this played a big part, since if we had kept some of the characters, it would have probably staved off the next part) and a little bit of an anticlimax (where the characters solved the mystery, the answer was what they expected initially, and they didn't really object to it so they didn't take action), the end part seemed to drag more than the beginning did. Overall, it was far and away the best LEW I've finished so far.

#2) No questions--makes sense to me!

#3) Through circumstance and personal interactions completely outside of GM control, Lasair did not have a super amount of camaraderie vibes coming from anyone in the party except Elise, so when Logicsfate vanished and Elise basically vanished too, Lasair lost much of her impetus to do anything aside from watching the caravan. Some of the most fun parts of the festival for me often stemmed from moments when Lasair wanted to stay with the caravan and Elise dragged her off to the festival and they got into mischief. The fact that the first part had more of these may also contribute to my feelings of slower pacing at the end.

So the basic summary of all this is: It sucks when a player leaves a game. It sucks more when the player who leaves is one who interacts a lot with your character or is important to the plot (so for instance, Fang's loss was much less of an impact for Lasair than Elise's, but it cut away from some of those funny Oirhandir/Fang scenes. Sunny, on the other hand, was mostly a loner, but since he was connected to Daphnie, his loss caused the mystery to become less immediate to the remaining characters).

Remove ads