• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Festival of Halina (Orsal Judging)

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
You spot a pendant hung from a chain that looks like woven grain, the pendant is a small basket with baby laying it in. You recogize this from the temple as the symbol of Halina.
The elf spotted a trinket that was made to represent the holy symbol of Halina. Motioning the orc to come closer, he suggested, "Hey, Fang, look at this one. This is her goddess's symbol, I think she'd like this one." His mind added silently, "If she doesn't already have three just like it."

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
The elf spotted a trinket that was made to represent the holy symbol of Halina. Motioning the orc to come closer, he suggested, "Hey, Fang, look at this one. This is her goddess's symbol, I think she'd like this one." His mind added silently, "If she doesn't already have three just like it."
There's another next to it with a single blue teardrop gem hanging from a very similar chain. There are plenty of other neclaces as well at this particular shop. A tall gnome smiles at you as you look at his wares.

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
A tall gnome smiles at you as you look at his wares.
The elf caught the gnome's eye. He greeted him, returning the smile. "Ah, hello there, good sir. I'm trying to help my friend here select a gift. As you probably know, he was selected to be the master of ceremonies this morning, and he would like something to please mistress Hellen, the chief priestess of the festival. This piece caught my eye, but I wonder if she might already have one like it. Could you offer a suggestion? Oh, and I must be forgetting my manners. I am Oirhandir, and this, of course, is Fang."

OOC:[sblock]Diplomacy +7, trying to get him to forget his pocketbook for one moment and to give good advice to a potential customer. Also Sense Motive +2, trying to figure out if his advice is genuine, or just intended to line his pockets.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
The elf caught the gnome's eye. He greeted him, returning the smile. "Ah, hello there, good sir. I'm trying to help my friend here select a gift. As you probably know, he was selected to be the master of ceremonies this morning, and he would like something to please mistress Hellen, the chief priestess of the festival. This piece caught my eye, but I wonder if she might already have one like it. Could you offer a suggestion? Oh, and I must be forgetting my manners. I am Oirhandir, and this, of course, is Fang."

OOC:[sblock]Diplomacy +7, trying to get him to forget his pocketbook for one moment and to give good advice to a potential customer. Also Sense Motive +2, trying to figure out if his advice is genuine, or just intended to line his pockets.[/sblock]
"Well, something with a similar theme might be good. Perhaps something that has elements of her god without being directly tied to it. The one next to it for example has the same gold chain and a raindrop saphire* might be appropriate. Or perhaps these carved earings that are simple hoops that look like they are woven from golden grain."

Oirhandir feels the merchant is trying to give you the best advice he can, while still getting you to spend money at his booth.

*I reserve the right to be wrong about the color of gems.

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
"The one next to it for example has the same gold chain and a raindrop saphire* might be appropriate."
Oirhandir thought it a good choice, but in the end he knew that the decision belonged to Fang. "How much is that one?", he asked. "After all, the coin will come out of Fang's purse, he needs to know."
Bront said:
*I reserve the right to be wrong about the color of gems.
OOC: Sapphires are usually blue (any shade), but can be any color. Rubies are just red sapphires; it's the same mineral, which is known as corundum. Pure sapphire is colorless, the different colors come from other materials scattered through the crystal matrix. If you want to see what a good jeweler can do with the stuff, check out www.rainbowsapphire.com. Needless to say that if there is anything of that quality at the festival, Fang won't be able to afford it!

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
Oirhandir thought it a good choice, but in the end he knew that the decision belonged to Fang. "How much is that one?", he asked. "After all, the coin will come out of Fang's purse, he needs to know."
OOC: Sapphires are usually blue (any shade), but can be any color. Rubies are just red sapphires; it's the same mineral, which is known as corundum. Pure sapphire is colorless, the different colors come from other materials scattered through the crystal matrix. If you want to see what a good jeweler can do with the stuff, check out www.rainbowsapphire.com. Needless to say that if there is anything of that quality at the festival, Fang won't be able to afford it!
"Well, with the fine work on the chain, and the size of the gem, I'd like to charge 15 gold for it, but seeing how Fang here is the Master of Cerimonies and all, I could cut him a deal of 10 gold. Just make sure you mention that you got it from Prompindel when you can. That is of course, if Mr Fang here thinks it's good."

OOC: So I take it you don't want the neclace with the carved clotman diamond on it?

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
"That is of course, if Mr Fang here thinks it's good."
OOC:[sblock]At this point, I think Oirhandir has taken things about as far as he can, it's up to Fang now.
Bront said:
OOC: So I take it you don't want the neclace with the carved clotman diamond on it?
Methinks that Fang will run out and get the +1 greatsword with the carved clotman diamond in the hilt if he ever runs into that kind of money! ;) [/sblock]

Kishwa Dogteeth

First Post
Bront said:
"Well, with the fine work on the chain, and the size of the gem, I'd like to charge 15 gold for it, but seeing how Fang here is the Master of Cerimonies and all, I could cut him a deal of 10 gold. Just make sure you mention that you got it from Prompindel when you can. That is of course, if Mr Fang here thinks it's good."

"Mmmmm... I tink she like dis" Fang replied. "Me take it"

Fang took 10 gold from his pocket, "You wrap it up pretty yes?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Kishwa Dogteeth said:
"Mmmmm... I tink she like dis" Fang replied. "Me take it"

Fang took 10 gold from his pocket, "You wrap it up pretty yes?"
Prompindel smiles and takes the gold. "Of course Mr Fang." He sticks the neclace in a fine purple satin bag with golden thread ties. He hands it to Fang. "I'm sure she'll love it."

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir glanced at the position of the sun, mindful of his charge to return Fang by mid-afternoon.

OOC:[sblock]Do we have time to goof around, or do we need to head back to the temple?[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads