Festival of Halina (Orsal Judging)

El Jefe

First Post
As he took his place at the end of the line, Oirhandir stopped for a moment and uttered a soft prayer to Phyrah, asking for safe passage to Covington. He asked her to look after Sunny as well.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Sunny
Well met Troi! Well met! Lovely day, isn't it? I so enjoy the warmth of the sun in the morning, which so effortlessly dispells the chill of dawn. Oh, glorious morn! How wondrous is this world, how strange, how complex, how endearing.
"Actually, I'm not much ofa mornin' person, y'know?" Troi says, yawning. "More ofan afternoon 'n night person."

Sunny
"If you would like a little companionship, let me suggest myself by your side, Troi. My sword here might be an excellent companion to your, well, your, well, your weapons, whatever they may be."
Troi takes a slight step back as Sunny draws his weapon. "Well, I use a whip an' shortsword, norm'ly, but I might be usin' other weapons on this trip."

Sunny
"I whack 'em, then you finish 'em off. How does that sound, buddy?"
"I'm thinkin' that we're prolly better off takin' on our own sets a whatever we run into, y'know? Like, say, two bandits come at us - I'd say ya take one, an' I take th' other. Th' only reason I say that is 'cause that's th' only reason I'd like another body up here wit' me, ta take care a multiple critters. I've got some bad experiences wit' fightin' more'n one critter at a time, so I'd like some back-up this time around."

two

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
"Actually, I'm not much ofa mornin' person, y'know?" Troi says, yawning. "More ofan afternoon 'n night person."

Troi takes a slight step back as Sunny draws his weapon. "Well, I use a whip an' shortsword, norm'ly, but I might be usin' other weapons on this trip."

"I'm thinkin' that we're prolly better off takin' on our own sets a whatever we run into, y'know? Like, say, two bandits come at us - I'd say ya take one, an' I take th' other. Th' only reason I say that is 'cause that's th' only reason I'd like another body up here wit' me, ta take care a multiple critters. I've got some bad experiences wit' fightin' more'n one critter at a time, so I'd like some back-up this time around."

"I understand -- all too well. Hm... for this particular job, I'm thinking that perhaps my trusty, handy glaive is the better option"

[Sunny arduously sheathes his bastard sword and pulls out his extremely long and sharp Glaive, waving it around a bit]

"You take one, I take the other. Makes sense. And better yet, my guy's gotta get to me first, capiche? I might just stick-em before he can close -- and then everyone's happy, except the poor dead sucker."

[Sunny quite enjoys talking "fighting" with what he views as a "hardened" warrior; in Sunny's view, he (Sunny) is being accepted as an equal regarding martial competance.]

"I'm the right man for the job, Troi. You can count on me. Just as the sun rises inevitably every morning, so Sunny Perrinwinkle inevitably rises to any challenge."

[Sunny gives any and all a 'winning' smile, and enthusiastically cuts an imaginary troll to bits using his Glaive]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Sunny
"I understand -- all too well. Hm... for this particular job, I'm thinking that perhaps my trusty, handy glaive is the better option"

Troi nods. "Whichever weapon ya think'll work, works fer me. So long as it kills whatever ye're hittin', or puts ya closer ta killin' it."

Sunny
"You take one, I take the other. Makes sense. And better yet, my guy's gotta get to me first, capiche? I might just stick-em before he can close -- and then everyone's happy, except the poor dead sucker."

"I like usin' a weapon wit' reach, as well, hence th' whip." Troi says, nodding. "If ya kin get 'em at a distance, why bother gettin' in hand-ta-hand wit' 'em."

Sunny
"I'm the right man for the job, Troi. You can count on me. Just as the sun rises inevitably every morning, so Sunny Perrinwinkle inevitably rises to any challenge."

"Well, no offense ta ya, but I'm hopin' that I won't hafta count on ya. 'cause that'd mean we ran inta somethin', an' I'm not really lookin' forward ta doin' that." He smiles. "But if we do run inta somethin', I'm thinkin' ya can hold yer own, at th' least."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I would be glad as well if there is no need to fight," Lasair admits readily, "But I sense in the Zivaash that there will be battle ahead of us on this journey, my friends."

two

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"I would be glad as well if there is no need to fight," Lasair admits readily, "But I sense in the Zivaash that there will be battle ahead of us on this journey, my friends."

"Ah Lasair, you never know what you might discover in the middle of battle, amidst the blood and the screaming, faced with scenes both noble and ignoble, when you are forced to confront certain things -- make certain decisions -- which may (in their ramifications) illuminate far better than do words the mystery that is existence."

[Sunny then gives her a big smile]

"Or, maybe not. Nothing wrong with skedadlling when the ske's come a'knockin', after all."

[... and what is a ske, incidentally?]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Lasair
"But I sense in the Zivaash that there will be battle ahead of us on this journey, my friends."

"Unless ya got some way a tellin' 'at fer sure," Troi says, "I'd rather ya not say things like that. Bad luck 'n all."

Sunny
"Ah Lasair, you never know what you might discover in the middle of battle, amidst the blood and the screaming, faced with scenes both noble and ignoble, when you are forced to confront certain things -- make certain decisions -- which may (in their ramifications) illuminate far better than do words the mystery that is existence."

"There's nothin' noble 'bout combat." Troi says darkly. "There's nothin' that says anythin' 'bout existence, er nothin'. Just tryin' ta kill th' other guy 'fore he kills you, tha's all there is to it. An' ya better make th' right decisions th' first time, 'cause there's no second chance when it comes ta fightin'."

He smiles. "Hopefully ya'll make th' right ones th' first time, an' not hafta learn th' hard way, like I did. But maybe those're th' lessons that stick th' best, y'know? Th' ones ya learn th' hard way, I mean."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Unless ya got some way a tellin' 'at fer sure," Troi says, "I'd rather ya not say things like that. Bad luck 'n all."

"Well I do have a way...just a little talent, Troi of Clan Delmontes..." Lasair replies, "Not that I enjoy fighting...my people dislike swords for the very reason that unlike other tools that can be used as weapons, swords have no use save to be used by men to slay others. Do you not believe the portents that the Zivaash holds? Would you like to place a friendly wager on it then?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Lasair
"Well I do have a way...just a little talent, Troi of Clan Delmontes..."

Troi smiles at that.

Lasair
"Not that I enjoy fighting...my people dislike swords for the very reason that unlike other tools that can be used as weapons, swords have no use save to be used by men to slay others. Do you not believe the portents that the Zivaash holds? Would you like to place a friendly wager on it then?"

"I won't bet 'gainst us runnin' inta somethin'." Troi says. "Why were we hired if th' road was safe, y'know? We're takin' two trips, an' I'd guess that we'll run inta somethin'. An' I don't know what th' sivash is, er whatever, so I can't really say if I believe it er not."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Ah, you were not present at the inn when Vanitri helped me give an example of the power of the Zivaash," Lasair says, smiling at Troi, "Do not fear. It is very real. I could show you the power it has over the mind, if you like..."

Remove ads