• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)

Salix

First Post
OOC: Fine with me, but after I post after work tomorrow, I'll be gone until later Sunday on a kayaking trip. I feel bad for The Boss, because he's got a good one going here. RA- Take it away!

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
As they both expected, Fatwon's room contains neither girl nor orb. However, the window is open, and a sheet, knotted to the bed post, trails out over the sill. Both of our heroes run over and look down. Immediately below them they see the end of the attached bed sheet, once knotted, now fluttering in the wind. And there, sprawled on the ground twenty feet below, lies the body of Brigit O'Shally. On her stomach rests the orb; it looks as though the heavy little thing followed her on her way down and thumped her in the gut. Devlin's chucked bag of plates and other goodies rests next to Brigit. Two more sheets, tied together, lay just out of Brigit's reach on the ground next to her. Devlin sees... (
Brigit's arms move ever so slightly. She's alive, but if Devlin knows anything about falling from the second story of a building, she'll need some medical attention, fast.
) Like they saw before, the alley is very private, shielded by the tallish building next door and various visual obstacles on the path to the street.

OOC: Also remember that the only official way downstairs is via the only staircase in the building, which spits you out right by the guards. There are many unofficial exits, like the many windows.

Last edited:

Salix

First Post
After climbing onto a chair to look out the window, Ryland's face crinkles into a sneer, "Dammit! How are we going to solve Archer's murder now? Our best suspect and only link to any of this looks like she has a broken neck. Any ideas?" Ryland seems a little more perturbed than usual, and his eyes dart from the sheet to the door to the room.

OOC: Interesting turn of events :uhoh:

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin turns to Ryland. "Go back to our room. I have some rope in my belongings. Hurry, she's still alive." Devlin watches Brigit and ponders their next move while he waits for Ryland to return.

Salix

First Post
Dungannon said:
Devlin turns to Ryland. "Go back to our room. I have some rope in my belongings. Hurry, she's still alive." Devlin watches Brigit and ponders their next move while he waits for Ryland to return.

Ryland walks briskly to the other room, but doesn't run so as not to alert Vagan's men that trouble might be brewing upstairs. Once inside their room, he grabs his own coil of silk rope from his pack, and returns immediately.

Dungannon

First Post
Once Ryland returns with the rope, Devlin secures it to the bedpost and tosses it out the window. He then proceeds to climb down the rope to Brigit and begins to gather the orb while checking on the fallen girl.

ooc: Use Rope check = 19, Climb check = 17.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Devlin deftly maneuvers down the side of the building, with Ryland watching anxiously from the window. The human slips the orb into his bag and checks Brigit's condition. She's alive, and breathing, and somewhat stable. Devlin checks her pulse and clears her airway, careful not to move her neck. Surveying her injuries, our hero surmises that most of the damage is to her legs and hips, and her spine and neck are intact. He rips a bit of cloth from her dress and bandages the scrapes on her legs. Surprising himself with his healing skill, Devlin is confident that Brigit will now survive the fall, if given time to recover. She is still unconscious.

Remove ads