• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tests and Trials (Manzanita Judging)

Tassadar

First Post
Jasper Goodheart, Halfling Wizard 1

"Seeing as how I will not be able to reach the top of the tent, I'll be on the lookout whilst you guys put it up." With that, Jasper turns towards the woods again with his crossbow, and continues looking for any movement in the woods that he might see.

[sblock]I just realized that I need to get my character sheet to you, Rae. I don't have an e-mail for you, but my computer just loves to add in tabs...for some reason. The sheet I send you will be easy to read.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
As the others erect the tent and go about their various camping duties, Jasper notices things moving about in the forest, the wet but dull glints of strangely dark eyes flashing out every now and then. Once or twice a bush near the perimeter of the clearing shakes, but never does a creature set foot inside the clearing and never does Jasper catch more than a movement out of the corner of his eye. After a short while, the activity in the forest dies down.

[sblock]mrormus@gmail.com[/sblock]

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin Magruder, human rogue 3

OOC: the following assumes nothing actually happens until the campsite is finished

Once the tent is up and the firepit is made, Devlin finishes by making a picket for his donkey. Finally he calls everone over to the firepit.

"I'm sure all of you have noticed signs of movement in the woods. Were you able to discern any details of our visitors, Jasper? No? That's okay. There are six of us so I say we split up into two groups of three for our initial foray. One group will take the western edge and one the eastern edge. Anyone have any preferences for who's in which group?"

Last edited:

Enkhidu

Explorer
"I want to go with the group with five other people in it. I've heard what happens to groups that split up to cover more ground."

scout989

First Post
Luthiel Faradar Elven Rogue1

"I'm happy either way, but if we split up I want to be with Garrit there" says Luthiel, looking at the half-orc's weaponry. "And I think you and I should split up, Devlin, seeing as how we are likely to be the best scouts here, and each party will need one of those."

Tassadar

First Post
"I'd like to be with the big guy as well." Jasper points at Garrit. "He seems able to protect me quite substantially...although I do agree with the not split up plan."

Animus

Explorer
"So how are we going to do this? If splitting up is the way to go, then Jasper and Cryndo need to be in different groups. They both have been blessed by the gods with healing ability and should the foray go ill for either group...," Garrit says as the unspoken words show his concern. "I am brave and strong, but not foolish."

scout989

First Post
Luthiel Faradar Elven Rogue1

"So here's how it sounds to me: Malen, Cryndo, and Devlin take the east side, while Jasper, Garrit, and I take the west side. We scout for no more than two hours, at which point we regroup here, compare notes, and formulate a strategy for doing the job. Let's try not to get more than a half-mile or so from the clearing. Also, does anyone here have any methods for signaling the other group if we run into more trouble than we can handle?"

Remove ads