Tests and Trials (Manzanita Judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Luthiel attempts to quietly creep into the woods without disturbing the creatures he saw before. Unfortunately, an animal had dug a hole just outside the perimeter of the clearing. Tripping and falling face first into the undergrowth of forest with a loud crash, the unlucky elf hears two low growls and the crunch of leaves and grass under paw, as two wolves with strange eyes approach him, their mouths dripping with saliva and froth.

Animus: [sblock]Faintly above the chirping birds and movements of the party, Garrit hears growls coming from the area where Luthiel just fell into the woods.[/sblock]

Dungannon: Since he shouted it, everyone in the hearing can hear him. If you look over to him, which I assume you do, you can also see him draw his rapier.

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, half-orc paladin 1

[sblock]Garrit draws his longsword and moves in the direction of the growls. If Luthiel gets threatened by whatever, he will move to attack.[/sblock]

Cryndo

Explorer
Cryndo, Level 1 Human Cleric of Hyrag

Cryndo cautiously moves toward the elf, clutching his holy symbol as he moves. After getting about half way to the elf, Cryndo comes to his senses and draws his crossbow, notches a bolt and watches the elf.

scout989

First Post
Luthiel Faradar Elven Rogue1

ooc: I'n not quite sure I understand Luthiel's exact position. I think he's prone on the edge of the forest? If that's right, this whole post applies, otherwise he won't have to stand first.

IC
Rather embarrassed by his tumble, Luthiel regains his feet quickly and gracefully. He looks around for what he originally went into the forest for. If he sees it, he will shout a quick description to his allies and wait to see what it does. If it runs, he will follow (while trying to keep some distance from it). If he doesn't see it, he'll walk 15 feet in the direction he saw it and look for it again.

ooc:BTW, what was it Luthiel tripped on?

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin Magruder, human rogue 3

"damn impatient inexperienced...oh hell with it." Devlin grabs his crossbow and starts to head after Luthiel. Seeing Cryndo seemingly hesitate, Devlin calls out to him, "Cryndo, why don't you go tell Malen we may have an issue over here. I think he's at that stone roof."

ooc:when my spoken text is small, it means Devlin is talking quietly to himself.

Cryndo

Explorer
Cryndo, Level 1 Human Cleric of Hyrag

Devlin's probably got more experience in these situations than all of us combined. I'll do what he says for right now. I"I'll get him."

Cryndo hustles over to Malen. When he locates the dwarf, he blurts out, "Follow me to the edge of the Forest, Malen. We might have company." And with that Cryndo turns around and heads back toward the elf.

Tassadar

First Post
Jasper Goodheart, Halfling Wizard 1

[sblock] Hey, sorry for being away for so long. I had to get a project done for class. About my sheet, I can't get it to fix on my computer, for some stupid reason, my notepad has been adding tabs in random places. I'll email it to you, if you'd like. But it's just annoying. Everything is in spaces, but I spent about 5 hours trying to fix it about a month ago, and to no avail.[/sblock]
Jasper starts to jog towards the woods that Luthiel enters, but begins breathing pretty heavily after a little clip. As he get closer, he begins looking for Luthiel and draws his crossbow. "Luthiel, where'd you go?" Where are you?"

[sblock]Spot +2[/sblock]

Enkhidu

Explorer
Malen, Dwarf Wiz1

Malen furrows his brow. "Sela's Teats," he grumbles as he grasps his walking stick in a more martial manner and trundle's behind Cryndo. "We should have never come here, Varti. First a goblin-tongued man-child leads us down an empty vein, and now something's gone and eaten the tree-hugger."

Last edited:

Remove ads