Tests and Trials (Manzanita Judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC to Luthiel: In my post, you'll notice that there are large areas of emptiness in between the lines. Sorry if I wasn't clear, but that was all black (spoiler) text, meant to be observed only by your character, similar to the spoiler blocks. The answer to your questions is there. Just highlight the text (select it by dragging your cursor over it). You may want to reconsider your actions once you read it. :p

scout989

First Post
Luthiel Faradar Elven Rogue1

ooc:sorry all, I didn't know how spoiler blocks work. Under the circumstances, is a time warp possible? Also, Rae,
how far away are the wolves?

IC

Luthiel stands up, embarassed at being the one who made the noise when he was supposed to be the stealthy one. He backs slowly into the clearing, trying to avoid that darn rabbit hole, rapier held before him, and shouts out "Uh, think I've found a few of our victims!"

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC to Luthiel: Of course. We all make mistakes. And, they were about 10' in front of you, approaching slowly.

Luthiel slowly backs out of the forest. He fell right at the edge, so it was only a few steps into the clearing. As soon as the elf's foot steps on the grass, one of the wolves snarls and runs off into the woods. The other paces left and right a few times, but also quickly retreats. In the distance, the odd, out of place howls echo across the noon sky.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin Magruder, human rogue 3

"What the hells is that?" Devlin exclaims when he hears the ominous howls. Hurrying up to Luthiel, he adds "What did you see that made you take off like that?"

scout989

First Post

Luthiel turns to see where everyone else is; seeing them converge on him, he plasters a triumphant look on his face and shouts into the woods "Ha! Yeah, run away, you cowards!" When everyone reaches him, he proceeds to explain: "Well, I saw something moving in the woods, so I went to reconnoiter. Unfortunately, hidden by that underbrush there was a concealed trap, which caused me to fall. When I got back up, I was confronted by two ravening brutes; wolves, they were, and they sure looked rabid to me. However, when I stepped back to give myself some room for swordplay, they ran off! I wonder if cowardly brutes like these are all we have to face?" His shaking hands, however, give the lie to his brave words.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin waits for the rest of the group to gather around before continuing. "Look, I think we should all stay close until the basecamp is set up. And none of us should head into the woods alone at any time. Now, who wants to help me with my tent?"

Enkhidu

Explorer
"I don't like the idea of staying here," says Malen, "I got the feeling that fidgety boy lied to us about more than one thing."

Tassadar

First Post
Jasper Goodheart, Halfling Wizard

Seeing Luthiel back out of the woods, Jasper begins to slow up on his run. As he pulls to within about 30 feet of Luthiel, Jasper stops his jog and peers around at the woods, looking for the source of the howls. Jasper then sits down and begins breathing pretty heavily. "All that running. I did all that running. I'm tired. Very, very tired. Must take a break. Must sit down. Yes, that's it, sit down. Maybe even lay down. Yeah, I think I might do that."

scout989

First Post

Luthiel listens to Devlin's comments and nods, then volunteers to help put up the tent. To Malen he replies "That's as may be, but I'm not trekking out here every day to take care of this situation. We'll get to the bottom of this, but we don't have a lot of time to do it. So, let's get busy!"

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin faces Malen, "I agree that the lad hasn't been entirely forthcoming, but I do believe he was telling the truth when he said that this clearing, at least, was safe from the beasts. Besides, we only have three days, do you want to spend them looking for a new campsite or hunting our prey?"

Remove ads