• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E MERGED - 4E News complaint threads; please don't start another

Sick of hearing about 4E?

• Yes

Votes: 53 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Will be soon

Votes: 3 3.7%

mattcolville

Adventurer
I ignore it. I love 3.5 and think it's a great system. Either 4E will offer some improvements, or it will change it so much that I stick with 3.5. In either event, seeing the front page clogged with meaningless speculation is bothersome.

Victim

First Post
I'm very tired of 4e non-news: pointless rumors, speculation, complaints, rants, and worries. Maybe when we actually get some information, I could get tired of it.

Sejs

First Post
Long since.

If it happens, it happens. No point in getting all chicken little over it. Or better yet, using it as an excuse to vent your spleen. Let's all move on together, shall we?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Jdvn1 said:
I don't like it, but if it's coming, I want to know about it!

Well, I agree, except that I don't care to hear about all the pointless speculation and rumours that apparently need to come before actual news about a new edition.

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Yes I am. It's all a bunch of unsubstantiated what-ifs and speculation. For all we know it may not come for years. Wake me up when someone has something definite to report.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
No, I'm not sick of it. I can easily skip threads with subjects I have no interest in. I only occasionally check 4e threads, when someone whose word carries weight either makes it or posts to it.

As for WotC wanting to make money off of it...well, duh. They want to draw a paycheck, don't they? Who here goes to work purely for the love of what they do, refusing any and all compensation? Regarding what needs to be changed about the game...well, I actually like 3.5. I hope any changes the game goes through are not all-encompassing. Stuff like the new stat block format, the changes to polymorph, and Mike Mearls's recent redevelopment of classic monsters seems in line with the kinds of changes that would be palatable to me. If we're talking about really radical changes - getting rid of classes, for example - then no, I'd rather not have that.

Nyaricus

First Post
Razz, personally (as Felon put it) I am sick of seeing variations of the same thread over and over and over and over and OVER again... but what can you do? I wish people would bring it to the threads where they belong instead of starting up a new one...

However...
Razz said:
I am personally sickened by the fact that now the homepage of ENWorld has a 4E Unofficial News section. It's almost as if ENWorld is promoting 4E. Even their little fake logo is annoying to look at. Where was that 4E stuff last year or the year before that? Why is 2006/2007 the year that everyone is freaking out about 4E?
You do, of course, realise that EN World evolved from the rumour-mill of the transition of 2nd-to-3rd edition, and that this, the "4E Unofficial News" section, is only a natural evolution of the site itself. The only thing I can say is we all have to live with it.

drothgery

First Post
Starglim said:
No. I haven't heard any yet.

My sentiments exactly. I mean, if someone gets ahold of a playtest document, or some high muckety-muck makes a 4e announcement, or otherwise has actual reliable information about 4e, I'll want to know it. But right now, I wish the rumor-mongering would hold off a bit.

Warbringer

Explorer
Also, it was to be expected prior to this Gen Con. A lot of people thought (think) this Gen Con or next would be the announcement place.

I expect the 4e rumors to settle until next summer...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads