• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E MERGED - 4E News complaint threads; please don't start another

Sick of hearing about 4E?

• Yes

Votes: 53 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Will be soon

Votes: 3 3.7%

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
jeremy_dnd said:
Eric's original site, as far as I can tell, did not include unsubstantiated rumor, as the 4th Edition so-called "news" posts currently are. I hardly consider the two scenarios to be similar.

As if rumor and news are really that unsimilar?

As if, along with Eric Noah's substantiated (but often misunderstood) news, there wasn't also huge amount of speculation going on?

With Gen Con over, you can relax - the amount of such stuff flying around should decrease significantly.

I, myself, don't see why it is a big a deal - it is news on an electronic site, made from 100% recycled electrons. It takes up a bit of space on a page for a day or two, and then goes away.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Umbran said:
I, myself, don't see why it is a big a deal - it is news on an electronic site, made from 100% recycled electrons.

Actually, I make sure to use entirely brand new electrons every time. But I'm just decadent that way.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Morrus said:
Actually, I make sure to use entirely brand new electrons every time. But I'm just decadent that way.
That's where my electron-aton has gone!

Razz

Banned
Banned
Anyone else sick of hearing about 4E news?

Is it just me, or are there others here that are just plain tired of being distracted by the doom of the 4th edition? Are they also sick of the hype it's getting, despite the fact nothing is even official?

I am personally sickened by the fact that now the homepage of ENWorld has a 4E Unofficial News section. It's almost as if ENWorld is promoting 4E. Even their little fake logo is annoying to look at. Where was that 4E stuff last year or the year before that? Why is 2006/2007 the year that everyone is freaking out about 4E?

I still don't even see the NEED of 4E beyond WotC wanting to reel in more money. Does anyone else see beyond that, because I don't understand what it is about the system that even needs to change?

Harmon

First Post
I am so frackin' sick of the whole 4e thing. Its like the little kid that won't shut up about the toy he just can't live without.

And what bugs me the most is that when it shows there will be those on EN going "what about 4.5e? When's it gonna show?" Makes me want to rant more and more in threads unrelated to what I am talking about just to annoy them ;)

4.0e is a corperate money move, that is all it is about.

Crothian

First Post
I'm sick of it.

In the days of second edition even before the big 3e announcement there were rumors. At that time though there seemed to be a general feel from gamers that a new edition woulkd be a welcomed edition. I'm not seeing that now. I'm happy with D&D now and I don't feel a new edition is needed at the moment.

Geoff

First Post
Doesn't much bother me one way or the other. I figure if 4E is Earth-shattering and has some innovations that fit MY style of play I'll check it out, if not, I'll stick with what our group is using now.

Let people plop down all the rumors they want, if I don't want 'em, I'll skip by 'em.

Felon

First Post
I'm quite sick of seeing half the threads in this forum be about 4e, especially since the majority are just slight variations on the same topic. They get started because somebody doesn't want to jump into a thread that's already spanned several pages, so it's more convenient for that individual to just start a thread about the same damn subject.

We once had an official moratorium on 4e threads. It's time for another.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads