• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E MERGED - 4E News complaint threads; please don't start another

Sick of hearing about 4E?

• Yes

Votes: 53 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Will be soon

Votes: 3 3.7%

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Dinkeldog said:
Considering the origins of the website, saying that rumors of a new edition aren't wanted is kind of, well, ironic.

You know, I started thinking the same thing myself. If someone could clarify, or direct me, that would be wonderful.

Because when the recent "nostalgia" post was made that gave a couple links to Eric Noah's first posts, I was under the impression that all of the "3E news" was after playtesting and such had begun. 3E had been announced, and the information that Eric Noah brought was all actual "news" and not "rumor."

Of course, that's just my impression. :) Did Eric Noah start the site when all we had was unsubstantiated rumor of 3E? Or after it had begun playtesting and announced in some circles?

GQuail

Explorer
Morrus said:
It's all clearly marked as to what it is - opinion, rumour or what-have-you. Opinions of people like Monte Cook and Ryan Dancey are, in my opinion, interesting reading - which is what defines "newsworthy" to me.

Thing is, though, was it? Certainly, for all the hoo-hah about Eric Noah's info following it's front page repeat, it not only turned out to be unsubstantiated but also that Eric didn'#t want it to be a big deal: it was a passing comment that was thrown on the front page and has spawned all manner of imitating threads, ignoring the doubt now cast on it's contents.

I agree that 4E rumours might be worth paying some attention to: but if you're going to throw it up on the front page, I really think it needs to be something more substantial than "a man in the pub told me".

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So I'm guessing that not many people in this thread would be too pleased if they woke up to find the logo below at the top of the site? :D

Attachments

• endnd3elogo.gif
    endnd3elogo.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 113

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Morrus said:
So I'm guessing that not many people in this thread would be too pleased if they woke up to find the logo below at the top of the site? :D
I would! :lol: Hilarious.

cybertalus

First Post
Morrus said:
Go for it! Maybe toss in some obviously fake "news" blips as well.

Once a year isn't often enough for April Fools Day, and a yearly Gen Con Fools Day could be a lot of fun.

GQuail

Explorer
Morrus said:

:-D

It's a shame I'm not getting my email notifications, but it was worth manually checking to see this. ;-)

JoeBlank

Explorer
Morrus said:

Morrus is in an ornery mood, and I like it.

Maybe missing GenCon is getting to him.

cybertalus

First Post
JoeBlank said:
Morrus is in an ornery mood, and I like it.

Maybe missing GenCon is getting to him.

More likely all the complaint threads lately. It's probably time to declare a Morrus Appreciation Week.

In fact.... [Wanders off to hit the New Topic Button]

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Considering the origins of the website, saying that rumors of a new edition aren't wanted is kind of, well, ironic.
I have to admit that complaints about rumors of edition changes being a focus of E(ric)N(oah) World is quite amusing.

Okay, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Eric Noah's original site established after 3E was announced? His news updates included information from people working on the new edition as well as playtesters.

Eric's original site, as far as I can tell, did not include unsubstantiated rumor, as the 4th Edition so-called "news" posts currently are. I hardly consider the two scenarios to be similar.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads