• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GAME FULL, THANKS!- New 3e game: The Breaking of Gavar

Rathan

First Post
I'm playing the human fighter Marcus... he's from a small trade town just starting out to adventure from his home and his family...

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
So, um... When are we starting, mr DM? And will it be in this thread or are you making a new one for IC posts?

Kamard

First Post
I have a couple of more histories that I'd like to get. Aiming for tomorrow start.

As far as that goes, I am going to try to at least contrive some ways that your characters are acquainted. Thus, you five can do some in character acquaintings presuming that if you haven't known each other for some time, you've at least had a drink and laid down plans here at a table in the Inn of the Dancing Goat, in the south end of Gavar.

For preliminary roleplaying, feel free to use this thread. Once we've begun in earnest, I will post a link to a new thread in this forum.

Rathan

First Post
"Before we discuss anything further I belive a toast of luck is in order who only knows when we might need it!!"

*Marcus raises his glass to the men and women that encircle him...*

Edit: OOC post

OOC(Wow... long time no see Volo... good to be back in the threads with you again I know this should be a good game... good luck to all btw.....):End OOC

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
"To good luck," Saxon says.

He takes a sip of his drink and looks at the gathering of adventurers about him. With a bunch like this who could go wrong? he thinks to himself, They seem decent enough, we'll make a good party.

Kamard

First Post
OOC: I think I'd like you guys to make up some "contacts" you might have in the surrounding area. I'll give you each three, and as a free one you can pick another of the PC's if you want. Examples might be someone with ties to a Gavar noble house, or a wizard or cleric, or something of that sort.

From looking at characters, I can see some obvious connections:

Arin and Marcus, both weaponsmiths, both in Gavar now

Ashe and Saxon, same general area in the Grand County of Narrap.

Vargo and Arin and/or Marcus, all living in Gavar.

Ashe and Arin, both members of a more elite, swashbucklingy strata of the common class.

Its up to you how you want in character relations to go, and these sort of connections just spring to mind for me.

It looks like we might have a sixth for the game, and with luck we'll get him in the thread as well.

When I get ready to change us over to "the present", rather than this preliminary tavern thing, I will set up an IC and an OOC thread.

Rathan

First Post
Ramous from a Gavar Noble House, an old friend of th family...

Christian from a smithy here in Gavar....

Yamith a Wizard here from Gavar how is fond of my farther furs....

Arin as we have probally seen one or twice in the smithy here in Gavar when traveling here with my farther to trade....

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Hmmm.. Obvious contacts for Arin would have to be
Her Uncle, the politician Samuel.
Her brother-in-law George Sensario, a well-reknowned Armor/weaponsmith in Gavar.
Marcus, from the smithies (Arin's father is a woodsmith, and her brother-in-law is George Sensario*see above*.)
Ashe, the halfling swashbuckler type, could be one of the guys who's been teaching me to fight with finnesse rather than brute force. (If it's ok with Priest.)

Remove ads