• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GAME FULL, THANKS!- New 3e game: The Breaking of Gavar

Kamard

First Post
Sure, Dragon is fine as long as I either

a) can find my copy of that issue.

b) you give me the total text of the feat, spell, etc. in question.

As for this game-

We're full!

As soon as I get the characters of the two people what I don't have characters for, we'll be ready.

It will take me a day or so to contrive ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H make some links to put you guys together.

Then we're all set.

Priest

First Post
Parry Feat

You are skilled at deflecting the attacks of your enemies
Prerequisites: Dex 13+, Int 13+, Expertise
Benefit: after a melee attack roll to hit your character has been made, but before damage is assigned, you may attempt to parry the blow. You may only attempt to parry an attack up to two size categories larger than the one you wield. Natural attacks are considered to be a weapon two size catagories smaller than the creatures size. You cannot parry an attack when unarmed, when wearing medium or heavy armor, or when you are denied your dexterity bonus to AC . Attempting a parry uses up an attack of opportunity for the round, and you may only make one parry attempt a round.

To parry you must make a melee attack roll in an attempt to surpass the attack roll that you are trying to parry. When wielding a light weapon you gain a +4 bonus to your parry roll. If you succeed the attack fails, and deals no damage. If you fail, the attack does damage normally. In either case, making a parry attempt gives your opponent the opportunity to make a disarm attempt against the weapon you are parrying with. Attempting to disarm you is a free action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, and failure does not allow you to make a disarm attempt in return.

Also:
From the same article "Swashbucklers" by Travis Stout

The Halfling Rapier (15GP) SZ S 1d4 dmg 18-20/x2 6lbs Piercing
The dueling cloak (10 GP) SZ S 1d3 Subdual x2 2lbs.

And from the Jester

WEAPON & CLOAK STYLE (General, Fighter)
You have been trained to use a one-handed weapon and a cloak in your off-hand, swirling it to baffle your enemies.
Prerequisites: Cha 13+ [it takes balls to use this style]
Benefit: You ready a cloak as you would a shield. You can do this as part of a normal move. On your turn choose one enemy that you can see. Against that foe you gain one-quarter concealment (10% miss chance).

Last edited:

Kamard

First Post
WEAPON & CLOAK STYLE (General, Fighter)
You have been trained to use a one-handed weapon and a cloak in your off-hand, swirling it to baffle your enemies.
Prerequisites: Cha 13+ [it takes balls to use this style]
Benefit: You ready a cloak as you would a shield. You can do this as part of a normal move. On your turn choose one enemy that you can see. Against that foe you gain one-quarter concealment (10% miss chance). [/B]

Is this a feat? If so, its fine, realizing if you play a halfling fighter, you can't get this til 2nd level.

I have no problems with the parrying rule and the weapons presented.... I don't think. The halfling rapier we might run into problems with, but I doubt it. Its just a scaled down version of the rapier, and I rarely have problems with people scaling weapons up or down.

As for the dueling cloak, will you attack with it like a "shield bash?"

Priest

First Post
Only after I take the Weapon and cloak style feat would I think of that, I just have this mental image of Ashe using it in melee combat twirling around, and in general making it harder for folks to hit him, also If I use the cloak as a shield (I.E. the feat, then yeah I would use it sort of like a shield bash)

Priest

First Post
Perhaps I will have it as a goal of my characters to master this style of combat (the Weapon and cloak style)
Starting really humbly with just the Rapier, and that would be that

+ you won't believe this but perhaps the W&C feat should have some other prereq's such as combat reflexes or expertise

Festy_Dog

First Post
Now that I think of it, what is everyone's characters in this if you guys wouldn't mind posting briefly about them?

I'm using a human druid who originates from colder climes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads