• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(EPIC) Out of Character I

GoldenEagle

First Post
Re: Cast of Characters

GoldenEagle said:

Buzzard - Reardon the Smith (Fighter 20)

Keia - Verra Frimson "The Hawk" (Elven Nomad)

GE - Malibeem Lightfoot (Halfling Ranger 1/Rogue 19)

Jemal - William Masterson (Fighter 10 / Weapons Master 10)

Dalamar - Veit Ungart (Dwarf Mage 20)

TFO - ?

Sollir ?

Reaper - Paladin Type ?

DM_Matt - Psionic Constructionist

The Waiting List: Lichtenhart, Leopold (Straight Rogue)

Are we getting any closer?:D

buzzard

First Post
Well I admit I didn't make a three page description of his history describing how be obtained everything and whatnot, but since I played the guy to only aboput 8th in 2nd Ed, it would take a while. What I did do, however was pick items based mostly on his temperment rather than pure combat efficacy. For example I have a pot that can melt anything. Not terribly useful in most cases, but for a smith it is a godsend. I based essentially all of my decisions about items and feats in that way. Even the skill selection is based on that direction. Does anyone think I'm going to get a lot of use out of craft metalworking 20? The weapons master would beat Rearden like a rented mule. This isn't to say that he is useless, but I certainly could powergame up a much more effective killing machine. I just wanted to make something interesting instead.

buzzard

GoldenEagle

First Post
I just bumped into this thread on the second page and wanted to see if we had a targeted date for character submissions and starting. I know CS said he'd start when ready, but do we have a date for gettting the PCs in?

Don't mean to be too forward, it just seems that a lot of the games I'm in are slowing down and I am looking forward to playing more.

GE

Creamsteak

Explorer
Everyone's in. I added to the size of the dungeon a bit to accomodate 12 players, and it looks like this game will not be as short as I originally planned.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
so i can play my halfing rogue then CS? is that what you are saying by now having it big enough for 12 people? you including us bystanders and gawkers ;)....

Question: Will you allow the following books or feats from them especially:

AEG Mercenaries
FanCC:Netbook of Feats

there is one feat i know of from Mercs i want to take but beyond that it is 20 pure levels of rogue...

Lichtenhart

First Post
creamsteak said:
I don't want to reveal too much before play begins. Establish your characters Base of Operations, and decide on the best way to motivate your character. If you have deities and Demigods, this game will be using the "Divine Spark" theory. A Divine Spark will exist (and use it's powers to influence) the dungeon that will be the setting. If your character wouldn't be motivated to achieve it for himself, perhaps he should be trying to prevent some of the other players from getting it.

Could I be trying to get it for an NPC? I'd like to play a monk who's trying to achieve it to save his master. also I'm very sorry sorry if you've already answered to this question, but I don't have the time to check: is anything from OA allowed?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Leopold said:
so i can play my halfing rogue then CS? is that what you are saying by now having it big enough for 12 people? you including us bystanders and gawkers ;)....

Question: Will you allow the following books or feats from them especially:

AEG Mercenaries
FanCC:Netbook of Feats

there is one feat i know of from Mercs i want to take but beyond that it is 20 pure levels of rogue...
On a bit by bit case. Type up the whole feat and submit it to me in the Out of Character Thread (use the Index to find it), I'll approve it if I don't feel it's too weird. And as for the first two questions, Yes, and you shouldn't know ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads