• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(EPIC) Out of Character I

Creamsteak

Explorer
The game hasn't started yet, and 10 players have been selected. Character creation has began. The Index is being added. The standards are being set.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm going to generally allow all WotC books, all Monty Material, and most things by Natural D20. Dragon is hit-and-miss, I'll tell you that right now. I'll deal with magazines and such on a more case by case basis. Books I'll deal with on a publisher level. What other publishers do the players desire to have access to?

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Currently my plan is to go flat DMG with ECL until Savage Species is in my hands. Then I plan on following the guidelines in that book, if they are what I hope they will be. That makes it ECL +8, though that may be too costly for most characters to play a troll.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Four Color to Fantasy? ;)
That's Natural d20 Press...

edit: cs - I hope that you would not deny the Leadership feat if I wanted to make an Epic human Paladin, would you?
It's one of the few character ideas that interests me....

The Leadership feat IS required to summon a dragon mount, right? You can't just take it with a normal bonded mount as you level up (from DotF).

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
reapersaurus said:
Four Color to Fantasy? ;)
That's Natural d20 Press...
That's my Natural d20 Press enemy. I really love some of the other works that I've seen glimpses of, but that particular piece doesn't seem right to me. I think it has good concept/implementation, but there has to be a better way to go about it. I was considering allowing characters to purchase abilities with money, but I'm not to confident on my ability to make an adequate rule without specifically setting a day or two to come up with it.

reapersaurus

Explorer
hmm.. so I'm unclear whether you'll allow it in limited capacity, or what?
I totally understand not using it, and it would probably make my creation process easier..

see my previous post for an edited question re: paladins ....

edit: cs - You're first post sounds like a Cake song to me, if anyone knows them. :cool:

Last edited:

Remove ads