Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Well, I like Freedom of Movement and Psychic Reformation myself, so much so that I didn't have Zaeryl take Dimension Door, but other than that (and excepting your discpline-only power), I agree with your choices. Energy Adaptation is a bargain to get all energy resists at once--that's how Zaeryl took so little damage on the Flame Strike)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It will, of course, be limited to people we have met. It is worth noting that the closest place with powerful-enough Clerics would probably be Fallon, unless you count Michael as 'powerful enough Clerics', but Fallon opens up another whole can of worms."

Erekose13

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Well, I like Freedom of Movement and Psychic Reformation myself, so much so that I didn't have Zaeryl take Dimension Door, but other than that (and excepting your discpline-only power), I agree with your choices. Energy Adaptation is a bargain to get all energy resists at once--that's how Zaeryl took so little damage on the Flame Strike)

ooc: I'm not huge on Psychic Reformation, besides Zaeryl already has it so I can just get him to help me if Eternity wants to reformat something. Freedom of Movement might be nice, not sure if I need Correspond. It is something that at the moment might be useful, if we knew any high level clerics. Given that she wasn new to Orussus before heading up to Duvik, she hasn't met any in character ever. So I might switch it for FoM.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I took Correspond so that Zaeryl can send insulting messages to Lasair ;) The fact that it is useful now was just a coincidence. I guess it's to my advantage to not have you take Psychic Ref anyway, as I intend for Zaeryl to have a monopoly on the service and set up a sort of booth charging a reasonable price for it (since you can never assume an NPC will cast a spell for you with an XP cost, the only reliable way to get this effect is from a 7th-level Psion, so no one else in LEW can do this) )

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Intellect Fortress can be very very good in fringe situations. And it's a lot better if you aren't an Elan. But it doesn't work against Dragon Breath, it only affects damage, and it's very very expensive for what it does. Plus, you have to put everyone close together, which provokes the AoE in the first place--you're often better just spreading out and letting one person get hit for full damage. It's much better augmented than not, though because the augment is excellent. Overall, though, it depends on how many times you plan on being hit by an AoE spell or spell-like ability. In this adventure, it would have helped once (though I think it might not have saved Almayce's life). In my other adventures for all three of my characters, it would never have helped. In most of the other LEW adventures I GMed, it also would never have helped. But in The Crux of the Matter, it would have been extremely helpful.

Too niche for me to take it, but if Zaeryl knows he's fighting tons of mages, he can Psychic Reformation it in. Psychic Reformation--it's like preparing spells each day if preparing spells cost lots of XP :D)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Well, your use for Corespond is a bit niche, too! :) I think it's OK to have an occasional niche spell, especially if it has an immediate action casting time. That's perfect for situations where you didn't know you would need an ability, but you still have it around to whip out when you hit the niche. Combine with energy resistance and you can take advantage of a tight formation and laugh as the enemy mage throws fireballs at you.

(10d6/2)-20 = waste of a standard action

In my experience, enemy spellcasters are increasingly common at mid levels and up... which is where this group is right now. They're especially common in boss fights, which is where you really need the extra oomph.

(Of course, all fights in your games are "boss" fights, which may mess up the statistics!)

ajanders

Explorer
Michael snores heavily through split lips, twitches, then opens his eyes and yawns.
Suddenly, he remembers and leaps to his feet!

"Smiteevilsmiteevilsmiteevil!"

He is very confused when he discovers all the evil is gone.
Zaeryl explains things to him.
Eternity explains things to him.
Ironwolf explains things to him.

When Hulgyr explains things to him, he understands.

"Lie lady got all shiny and left with all her friends? Then who her?"
He points at the redhead gagged and chained at the back of the cave.

Patlin

Explorer
ajanders said:
"Lie lady got all shiny and left with all her friends? Then who her?"
He points at the redhead gagged and chained at the back of the cave.

Ironwolf looks over where Michael points.

ooc: There's a redhead chained up in the back of the cave? Wasn't that an illusion?

ic: "Michael, can you remove diseases and curses?"

ajanders

Explorer
OOC: Could be, but Michael wasn't disbelieving it and I don't think it went anywhere.

IC "Gruh?"

OOC Possibly. Once I level up, and get a holy symbol. And possibly also an atonement, because right now I'm wearing Amphousa's permanent monogram, which can't possibly be good for a cleric of Sela.

Remove ads