• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Secret of Wulin Gong (Wuxia Game) OOC [ON HOLD]

Dalamar

Adventurer
KitanaVorr said:
Can you take a feat to be proficient with improvised weapons? No.
Is it automatic? No. same -4 penalty.
Can I then take Exotic Weapon Proficience (Chair)?;) I wanna hit people with chairs without a penalty for being :cool:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Drunken Boxing Mastery

Drunken Boxing Mastery
You have mastered the notorious Drunken Boxing style of fighting
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, Dodge, Mobility, Karmic Strike, Great Fortitude, Prone Attack, Expertise, Defensive Strike, 5+ ranks in Tumble
Benefit: You may designate an additional opponent to receive your bonus from Dodge or increase the bonus you receive against a single opponent to +2.
Additionally, you suffer penalties to checks for being drunk as if you were drunk one stage less.
Special: You gain the benefits of this mastery only when you are drunk.

Explaining some of the prerequisites:
Dodge and mobility, because I see drunken boxing as a style which emphasizes movement.
Karmic Strike... well, I also see drunken boxing as a style in which you get hit because you're drunk. You would think you learn something with time.
Staggering is quite normal for drunkenness...
Defensive Strike is the other end of drunken boxing, weaving and waving around and then jumping almost in the lap of your enemy and headbutting him or her.

I actually think it might be a bit weak considering how many prerequisites it has. Maybe the additional number of dodge opponents could scale with level?

Edit - Great Fortitude is there so I can drink faster. If I exceed my limit (based on size) I need to make a Fort save or it spilled. It's also a 'weak' feat, especially for a monk who already has great saves.
Oh, and a monk of 6th level could attain the style mastery if he changed all his class feats to others.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
KitanaVorr said:
If one of you wants to be a half-orc, um well if you don't mind it that when everyone sees you they'll want to kill you first ask questions later because you look like a demon...

Toungez - Pigsy the barbarian

Um I'm not too sure whether everyone will want to kill a half-orc. In fact most commoners would be terrified and run away in panic rather than attack (and thus allowing the half-orc/demon to steal the food and escape whilst the commoners fetch the authorities).

Of course Chu Pa-Chieh will need to spend a lot of time hiding and running away (fighting if required). Also using the background story means that he was simply lucky that the first Demonslayer he encountered was Yen Che-Hsia who was wise enough and magnaminous enough to realise that Chu Pa-Chieh was NOT a demon at all (just extremely ugly, smelly and dirty)
After becoming associated with Yen Che-Hsia it is possible if they are encountered together, to claim that the 'demon' is the Taoist Swordsman's 'Servant' trying to redeem himself before Heaven.

(I do a writeup for a Human Barb and a Half-Orc Barb and see what you decide later:))

KitanaVorr

First Post
Originally posted by Tonguez After becoming associated with Yen Che-Hsia it is possible if they are encountered together, to claim that the 'demon' is the Taoist Swordsman's 'Servant' trying to redeem himself before Heaven.

um...the question is if the authorities will believe Yen and not think he is working for "demon" instead. Remember how superstitious people are in those movies.

EDIT: psst...there is no heaven...this is Wuxia...

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
blah

I couldn't figure out where the thread was...this is what happens when you rename the darn thing.

How is everyone doing with their characters? I'm sorry I haven't been around. Its been a hell week for me, but hopefully I will get to the Wuxia feats once this weekend hits and we can begin the game on Sunday.

Dalamar

Adventurer
KitanaVorr said:
*snip*I will get to the Wuxia feats *snip*
Are these going to be in addition to our normal feats or do we need to buy them with our regular feat slots?

Also, you still haven't said if you approve of the Drunken Boxing style I posted.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Originally posted by Dalamar Are these going to be in addition to our normal feats or do we need to buy them with our regular feat slots?

Also, you still haven't said if you approve of the Drunken Boxing style I posted.

Oh! Sorry only because I haven't had time to really look it over yet but so far at a glance it looks good. You did make alot of requirements and I might adjust it a bit.

The Wuxia feats are taken at each level. You'll be given a different choice of feats for each character level you obtain. For example at 1st level you'll be able to "fly" a certain distance or you can increase your senses...etc. Things like that. Right now I'm thinking everyone can choose one Wuxia feat per level.

However, some special Wuxia feats can only be learned such as from a master of Wulin or from perhaps another source? hehe I'm not telling. But these are in ADDITION to the normal Wuxia feats.

I'm only doing it this way to so I can keep my sanity in check. Hehe...make it simple, that's what I always say.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It seems that only 3 of us have yet posted at the Rogues Gallery

and PS Kitana can you check my character (Human Barbarian:)) he's based on the PHB Barb - so do I need to make any changes?

Remove ads