• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Secret of Wulin Gong (Wuxia Game) OOC [ON HOLD]

KitanaVorr

First Post
Originally posted by Argent Kit.. Where would I find the information to create a monkey player? also what Shaman class are we using?

Shaman from OA with what I'd like for you to have.

Abilities: Wisdom must be 10+
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Hit die: d6
Class Skills:
Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge(arcana), Knowledge(religion), Knowledge(spirits), Profession, Scry, Spellcraft
Skill Points: 4 + int modifier
Weapon and Armor proficiencies: all simple weapons, light armor.

They get their spells the same way as clerics do with the same bab, fort as on the cleric's table. The spells per day is the same as clerics up to level 5 and then it changes...when you get there than I'll let you know what it is.
Spontaneous casting works the same as clerics.

Bonus feat: Improved Unarmed Strike

At 1st Level the Shaman can have an animal companion with animal friendship and up to 2hitdice. And can have more than 1 animal companion as long as the total hit dice doesn't exceed 2. Can cast Animal Friendship in play.

2nd Level - Spirit Sight, can see ethereal creatures as easily as he can see material objects. and he can distinguish between the two.

Ah the rest don't apply until you're higher level so don't worry about that until you gain a level and then I'll let you know.

Two Domains: Trickery and Fortune
which matches in the PHB as Trickery and Luck. They are the same until you reach 3 level. The granted powers are the same though.

Okay for the monkey race....

+2 Int, +2 Wis, -2 Str
Medium Size
Base speed 30ft
Climb speed 20ft, +8 Climb Checks with either Str or Dex modifier and can always choose to take a 10 even when if rushed or threatened when climbing. Accelerated climb is 30ft and makes a single Climb check at -5 penalty
low light vision
+4 Balance & Jump
+2 Hide & Move Silently
Favored Class is Shaman

KitanaVorr

First Post
Languages!

I forgot to talk about languages.

Since there isn't going to be any other language than Chinese. I'll have to give you guys these languages choices.

Everyone starts off knowing how to speak Common Chinese (we'll simplify it to everyone speaks Manderin). It shows how many symbols you've learned. The more pictograms you know, the higher your educational level.

"Languages" to choose from when you have to choose. Any extra will cost 1 skill point each (class skill for everyone). If you have extra language bonus from intelligence, choose here.

Speak Common Chinese(free)
Speak Archaic Chinese
Speak Learned Chinese (the talk of scholars and the upperclase)

Read Common Chinese
Read Archaic Chinese
Read Learned Chinese

Write Common Chinese
Write Archaic Chinese
Write Learned Chinese

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Tsing Tsing and his boar are in the players thread.
How are we doing Hit points?
just rolling or the full at first and 3/4 after that?

ARG! Just realised I'm 2nd level. I can't have a boar yet. Back to the drawing board...

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
Argent said:
Went with 2 baboons for my animals.
Gonna look really interesting having the baboons and a Monkey Man leading them.

ROFL!

oh yeah....we're being invaded by the planet of the apes...er monkeys....

Dalamar

Adventurer
Can I design the Drunken Master Martial Arts style, like the styles in OA p. 79?

And can I take a feat to be proficient with improvised weapons? Or could that be considered automatic for this type of game?

KitanaVorr

First Post
drquestion

you've got (4 + 2)x4 = 24 + 6 = 30 skill points.

Balance: 8 = 5+3
Concentration: 6 = 5+1
Jump: 6 = 5+1
Listen: 7 = 5+2
Tumble: 8 = 5+3
Move Silently 8 = 5+3

You used up all 30 skill points here.

Languages: Something is wrong here.

You get (Common Chinese, Speak) for free.

Your int bonus lets you pick ONLY 2

Pick the two you want.

READ, WRITE, SPEAK each count as a "separate language" so they each cost 1 skill point.

Common Chinese Read
Common Chinese Write
Learned Chinese Read
Learned Chinese Write
Learned Chinese Speak
Archaic Chinese Read
Archaic Chinese Write
Archaic Chinese Speak

The reason for this is as I explained above. Schooling is quite varied, and the number of pictograms you knew indicated the level of education you recieved. Most people know only the basic ones. Some not at all. Just because you can read also did not mean you could write/draw it correctly.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Dalamar said:
Can I design the Drunken Master Martial Arts style, like the styles in OA p. 79?

And can I take a feat to be proficient with improvised weapons? Or could that be considered automatic for this type of game?

Can you design the martial arts style? Yes. But it must be approved by me first.
Can you make new feats? No.
Can you take a feat to be proficient with improvised weapons? No.
Is it automatic? No. same -4 penalty.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads