• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Secret of Wulin Gong (Wuxia Game) OOC [ON HOLD]

Dog Faced God

First Post
I don't have the OA books, so I'm not sure if Fighter or Monk would fit my character concept best. Fighter, with a few feats geared toward hand to hand combat seems to make more sense than Monk, but I'm not sure what is different in OA.

My idea for my character is a guy who was continually beaten up by bullies, and one day decided that he would not be bullied anymore. Through some fluke he managed to trounce a group of ruffians intent on attacking a few young girls. He believes that he has finally found his calling, and will try to pick a fight at the slightest perceived insult or injustice.

KitanaVorr

First Post
I'll look at everyone's characters, the drunken style, and post up any revisions when I get home from work. I'll also be posting up the wuxia feats and the rules for them tommorrow if I'm not called in to work from my self-imposed day off from yet ANOTHER meeting.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Wuxia Feats

Here they are, modifications from 4ctF, and you get them as you would any other normal feat...you can take the Wuxia feat instead of a regular feat.

Dalamar, you might want to check over these and then your drunken style to see if you want to replace some of those feats you picked for that with some of these.

Danger Sense Feat
Description:
Never surprised, always know of impending danger the instant before it strikes. You are never flat-footed though you can still be denied your Dexterity bonus under certain circumstances such as flanking.
Pre-Requisite: Wisdom 13, Sense Motive 10 ranks

Fast Recovery Feat
Heal twice as fast as normal. Heal 2 hit points per level per day and 2 points of subdual damage per level per hour.
Pre-Requisite: Constitution 13

Fast Healing Feat
Heal 1 point of damage per action round if only doing partial actions.
Pre-requisite: Concentration 8 ranks, Fast Recovery Feat

Flight Feat
You can fly with manueverability of poor and a max distance of 30 ft at each time.
Enhancements: Each time you take this feat, you can increase your manueverability from poor to average to good to perfect.
Pre-Requisite: Dex 10

Evasion Feat
If you make a successful Reflex save against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, you take no damage.

Keen Hearing Feat
+4 to Listen Checks
Enhancements: Increase bonus by +2 each time you take this feat

Keen Sight Feat
+4 to Spot Checks
Enhancements: Increase bonus by +2 each time you take this feat

Scent Feat
Detect approaching enemies or allies, sniff out hidden foes and track by sense of smell up to 30 feet. Wisdom check every 10 feet to follow a trail with a DC 10 for a fresh trail and DC+2 each hour the trail goes cold.

Ubiquitous Facing Feat
You cannot be flanked.
Pre-Requisite: Dex 13, Danger Sense Feat, Evasion Feat

Uncanny Dodge Feat
You retain your dex bonus to AC regardless of being caught flat-footed or being struck by an invisible attack. Still lose dex bonus if immobilized.
Pre-Requisite: Dex 13, Evasion Feat

Super Speed Feat
Increase base speed by 10 feet.

Super Agility Feat
+1 to intiative, reflex saves, dex checks, armorclass dex bonus, and dex-based skill checks.
Enhancements: Increase bonus by +1 each time you take this feat

Super Health Feat
+1 to fortitude saves, con checks, and con-based skill checks.
Enhancements: Increase bonus by +1 each time you take this feat
Pre-Requisite: Con 10

There are more feats, but the rest of the feats will be given to you if you find the proper teacher or perhaps something else to learn them from.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So we get 2 Feats as Humans and thus can choose 2 Wuxia Feats or 1 Wuxia 1 'core' Feat - is that right?

Also if I chose the Flight Feat do I fly at my base speed (40 ft in my case -Barbarian- with a max range of 30 ft?) Also when you say 30 ft each time does that mean I can fly 30 feat in one round and then immediately (next round) make a second leap of 30 feat = 60 feat in 2 rounds (sort of like Kal-El in the orginal comic)....

Dalamar

Adventurer
Drunken Boxing Mastery
You have mastered the notorious Drunken Boxing style of fighting
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, Dodge, Mobility, Karmic Strike, Prone Attack, Ubiquitous Facing, Uncanny Dodge, 5+ ranks in Tumble
Benefit: You gain a dodge bonus equal to +1 per 3 levels of Monk you have. This bonus works like the Dodge feat, except you can break the bonus to smaller pieces. Dodge bonuses stack with other dodge bonuses.
I.e. a 9th level monk has a bonus of +3, she could gain the whole bonus against a single opponent, +1 bonus against three separate opponents or +1 bonus against one and +2 against another.
Special: You gain the benefits of this mastery only when you are drunk.

I removed Great Fortitude, Expertise and Defensive Strike in favor of Ubiquitous Facing and Uncanny Dodge. I presume the Evasion class feature works as a virtual feat.
I also reworded the benefit to give it a more substantial benefit.

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
Alright going over characters...Krizzel, you silly purple lord, you need to actually finish yours.

As for the others, don't forget about Wuxia feats if you're interested.

Okay

Tsing Tsing and Ping & Pong are all set to go!

Yen Che-Hsia, Taoist Swordsman....your skill points are still wrong. Please correct it. You used 6 skill points (36) when you only have 30 skill points.

Yan-Xi Jiang, dim-witted pretty-boy looks good to go!

Chu Pa-Chieh....I only get 25 skill points that you used. Can you format in this way so that I can understand? TOTAL/RANKS

Okay, everyone else, check your character profiles for the following:

MONKS
Difference between Monks in PHB and OA is this:

Knowledge(religon) is class skill for monk
Monks are proficient with the following weapons: butterfly sword, club, crossbow (light or heavy), dagger, javelin, quarterstaff. Monks can use any of the following weapons with their unarmed base attack bonus (butterfly sword, club, quarterstaff, three-section staff.

At 1st, 2nd, 6th level a monk can sacrifice a class ability in order to gain a different bonus martial arts or wuxia feat but must meet the prerequisites for the feat.

You can multiclass and freely return to your monk class BUT I need a good background story explaining why you had monk training, why you left monk training and why you're going back. Monks in the chinese world are religious figures.

FIGHTERS
Difference between fighters in the PHB and OA:Add to the list of bonus fighter feats is Prone attack and superior expertise

BARBARIAN
No difference. Because of your extensive travels outside of this land, you can pick one of any of the Japanese weapons and have a free proficiency in JUST THAT weapon if you want to use a Japanese weapon or any weapon that's not chinese or universal.

Did I miss anyone or anything? ;)

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
Tonguez said:
So we get 2 Feats as Humans and thus can choose 2 Wuxia Feats or 1 Wuxia 1 'core' Feat - is that right?

Also if I chose the Flight Feat do I fly at my base speed (40 ft in my case -Barbarian- with a max range of 30 ft?) Also when you say 30 ft each time does that mean I can fly 30 feat in one round and then immediately (next round) make a second leap of 30 feat = 60 feat in 2 rounds (sort of like Kal-El in the orginal comic)....

Yes you do get 2 feats as human and you can choose 2 wuxia or 2 regular feats.

The flight feat is basically a LOOOOONG jump as you've seen in the films. You don't fly like superman, but you can bounce around basically from place to place.

30feet one round, then 30ft the next round, yes if you base speed is 30 or more. If you're base speed is 20, then you can only go 20 feet.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Well if the interest in this game seems to have died down, then I will have to put it on hold until another time.

So if you're still interested in playing this game, let me know now before I commit myself to another game.

Thanks! :)

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Totally still interested. Are you waiting on me for something or other? I thought I was ready to go.

Man, I'll be so disappointed if this pans out. After all that fun backstory?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads