• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New game in home-brew world

Dungannon

First Post
Darrien the Ranger

Darrien the Ranger

Male Human Ranger 6
Abilities: Str: 14 Dex: 14 Con: 12 Int: 13 Wis: 16 Cha: 10
Alignment: Neutral Good
HD: 6d10 + 6 (54 hp)
AC: 14 (+2 armor, +2 dex)
Initiative: +6 (+2 dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Attacks: Melee +8/+3, Ranged +8/+3
Saves: Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +5
Skills: Animal Empathy +3, Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +5, Hide +4, Intuit Direction +5, Knowledge (nature) +6, Knowledge (nobility & royalty) +2, Listen +6, Move Silently +5, Ride +4, Search +5, Spot +5, Swim +4, Use Rope +4, Wilderness Lore +8
Feats: Track, Ambidexterity, Two-Weapon Fighting, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Improved Initiative
ambidexterity and two-weapon fighting only when wearing light or no armor
Languages: Common, Orc
Favored Enemies: Orcs, Shapechangers

Before I finish my equipment, I have another question for dead-radish. Would you allow masterwork/silvered combined weapons?

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
I'll roll them - Keia has 3, Darrien has 4.

And yes, Masterwork Silvered weapons are fine.

For exquisite weapons, Dwarven and Human weapons cost +4k, Elvish cost +8k.

Elvish weapons are one category smaller, and glow in the presence of orcs and elves.

Elvish weapons are somewhat rare, dwarvish weapons are _extremely_ rare outside dwarven hands.

And I'll start a Rogue's Gallery thread in a sec for the game titled Narrowlands Characters.

dead_radish

Explorer
Alchemists' Items, a house, land, henchlings, animals (See the PIS for rules on buying trained animals), etc are always good. You can also look into bows - there are a few bows from far across the seas that have made their way over. More info when I have access to the PIS. ;)

Adventures often end up with a surplus of cash, and then they spend it all on a mithral dagger. ;)

Umarth

First Post
For those of you who have extra cash think about things like higher quality gear.

Perhaps that favorate weapon your carying around has jeweled inlay. Or your armor has a gold and silver symbol of your house on it. Or you have a favorite mug you drink from thats made of Ivory and jet.

Prices listed in the PHB should be minimums even for the masterwork stuff. You can always buy really nice items.

The man who whips out a sword with 3 rubies in the hilt and silver and gold flames inlayed on his sword is much more impressive than a man who whips out his trusty ol' iron hitting stick. Even if both items have the same stats.

Someone might want to look around for a dagger going for a low low price to. Think Flamberge dagger with an eteching done on it by a lesser smith. Dead Radish might just find it amuseing enough to give it to you.

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
Killian wouldn't be interested in foofy jewel-encrusted weapons and the like.

"Whatever's best at puttin' tha foe in the ground, and keepin' yerself alive is what's for ME!" ;)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Is paragon and the other feats noted only available if a fate point is spent to acquire them. Are there any other requirements (other than noted) to gain those feats?

Keia

Remove ads