• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mecha Crusade - 1 more pilot wanted + talk of increasing both sides' starting level

Creamsteak

Explorer
Lichtenhart stated something along the lines of prefering to start at level 8. I'm not sure if I've made the public statement, but I think this game would be best if we played with a limited time slot. I say that we run 4 full missions, and for the most part people seem to support that limitation. After every complete mission I planned on awarding each group that finished all objectives 2 levels, and those that didn't finish them all a single level.

That would make the game-stretch levels 8-16, and I'm curious about the general concensus on the matter?

Kalanyr

Explorer
Is there somewhere in Mecha Crusade where it says Hardness doesn't apply to the various Energy types ? It seems to cost you extra for weapons that deal special damage types, but since by default hardness applies against energy damage, this seems to be a little weird.

Also, IMO Melee weapons cost too much compared to ranged weapons, you seem to pay about 800 BP for what on average is 2 or 3 extra dice of damage from strength and enhancement, and the privelege of closing to close range, in the smaller mecha's.

Festy_Dog

First Post
I don't mind if people want to start at 8th lvl, just means stuff will have to modified some. On the subject of melee weapons that wouldn't be my area of expertise, though I will read up on it to get my own opinion.

garyh

First Post
One thing about shifting to level 8 - I assume that'd mean level 8 BP too.

I spent a lot of time on my mecha, darnit!! :(

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
I wouldn't mind lvl 8, but wouldn't leveling up to 8 mean both teams would have to redo their entire structures? It would add 4 levels, and about 10-12 Thousand BP for each mecha.... We'ld basically have to do character + mecha creation all over.

garyh

First Post
Jemal said:
I wouldn't mind lvl 8, but wouldn't leveling up to 8 mean both teams would have to redo their entire structures? It would add 4 levels, and about 10-12 Thousand BP for each mecha.... We'ld basically have to do character + mecha creation all over.

Exaclty my problem with the idea.

Mirth

Explorer
I'm in agreement with garyh and Jemal, we put alot of work into our characters the way that they are and it seems like a complete waste of time to have to do that all over again. I'll do it, but I'm not happy about it. When did this initial conversation about changing levels take place anyway? I thought I was paying attention to the thread, did I miss something?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads