L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

Ximix

First Post
Ximix reports his findings, the group gathers the objects. Ximix will take the scrolls and wand if nobody objects. He points out the potion with the conjuration aura as a possible curative potion and ensures that nobody touches the amulet with the necromantic aura.

Making their way out, Ximix carefully takes his time climbing out and discusses his plan to use the detection magic to discover any remaining foes among the villagers.

Amaury

First Post
"Let's sit down somewhere and read that book we have found... It may give us some clues about what's happening if it was simply not the work of that amulet...

Otherwise I think we need to hire the services of a powerful mage to understand the nature of these magic items. I have heard stories of cursed objets... just like this amulet, and I wouldn't like to finish like that poior druid...

Personally the armour and rapier are of interest to me.."

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 2 of Hyrag

"Let us get out of this place," he says. He follows the others out, taking his time to carefully climb through the collapsed tunnel.

Ximix

First Post
Amaury said:
"Let's sit down somewhere and read that book we have found... It may give us some clues about what's happening if it was simply not the work of that amulet...

Otherwise I think we need to hire the services of a powerful mage to understand the nature of these magic items. I have heard stories of cursed objets... just like this amulet, and I wouldn't like to finish like that poior druid...

Personally the armour and rapier are of interest to me.."

Stopping at the entrance, Ximix gathers with his fellow survivors of the crypt. "I wonder, would any of you be familiar with mining or digging?" Looking back into the partially collapsed tunnel, the Elven face seems intent, calculating. "If we were to collapse the entrance, completely block off that hole, then whatever lurks in these hills could not so easily come and make it a stronghold. For that matter it would make a fine stronghold for the people of the village... perhaps we should wait, and bring the matter up with them. Assuming we find no treachery amongst them." The priest says this last with a knowing look at the Paladin.

Turning to Jallembo, "I do not think it wise to delve into the contents of a book so clearly associated with powerful Necromancy. Of especial danger is the opening of such mysteries so near the crypt as we are... we do not wish to awaken yet more foul dead.

"As to the division of recovered gear, we will most certainly require the services of a talented wizard for the identification of our treasure. I see no objection to your choices Jallembo, yet know that my choosing the scrolls and wand were only due to my ability to use them should the need arise ere we reach safe haven once more. The value of the items should, I believe, be shared, whatever we can fetch for the tome included... This is only my opinion, let the rest of you add yours as you will."

Amaury

First Post
"I agree my friend, but as far as the book is concerned, I thought you said it did not radiate any magical forces.. in which casse it is probably just an old book written in this old language that may give us some clues about the burial place.." Jallembo replies to Ximix.

He continues to walk towards the village.

Ximix

First Post
Amaury said:
"I agree my friend, but as far as the book is concerned, I thought you said it did not radiate any magical forces.. in which casse it is probably just an old book written in this old language that may give us some clues about the burial place.." Jallembo replies to Ximix.

He continues to walk towards the village.

A bland look comes over the priest's face. "You know, I believe you are correct. I don't know if I was just being paranoid or all this crawling around in crypts with the stench of death and decay thick in the air has muddled my thinking or . . . The Elf trails off, tugging the Tome out of it's leather-sack enclosure, he begins at the beginning... walking along the trail with his nose in the large book, as if it were the most natural thing in the world. After a short time, and a few almost stumbles, Ximix sighs deeply as he returns the book to it's traveling place. "It goes from complex to dubiously sane to just plain sickening . . . and then right back to complex all in the first two paragraphs!
I think it will be easier if I can translate it and then read it... at a desk."

Erekose13

Explorer
Without Comprehend Languages or someone learned in the language (you are level 2 now...) it would take Ximix ages to finish a translation. From the couple of things he picked out near the begining it seemed like it mentioned something about the Academy of the Chromatic Order.

It is quite early in the morning as the party makes its way through the forest and out into the fields. From across the fields they can see their host exit his door ahead.

Ximix

First Post
OOC: Well, it was worth a shot. We can do some poking around town to see if anything about the Chromatic Order is important enough (or even remembered) to bring a profit on the book.

Raising his voice, which turns rather high at volume, the Elf hails the human. "Good day! We have returned, . . . with news!" Then, in a low voice, "We want to talk to everyone in town to ' share the good news ' and of course, to see if any remaining threat lingers among the farmers."

Ximix will ask the farmer to gather the village together as the party has news to share. He tries to indicate that this is important news.

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo place himself behind Ximix and shows a broad smile on his face. He thinks: sell it well Ximix and they may reward us even more!

Erekose13

Explorer
"Welcome back adventurers." replies Rich Gorth. He spots Kyle nearby and says, "Kyle, lad, go fetch your parents. The Tey's too I suppose." As the youngster (who had helped you find the cow) heads off towards the other two houses, Rich joins you in the centre of the buildings. "What news have you? I didn't see you this morning or yesterday in the barn. Is everything alright?"

Remove ads