L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Corcio]Thank you for the apology, it was a rather stunning post when it was made. There were a few for your characters and we took that to mean that you were departing the boards. I did not kill off your character because of the post, rather as an NPC I kept him around to help the party out. He was killed because the monsters I was running needed to spend time relishing a kill rather than chase after the party and slaughter everyone.

That said, he was NPC'd at the time and I'd be willing to award XP for the time that you were with us and allow you to take Manon out of the game at that point. I don't think it'll be enough for a level but you wont be too far off and you'd be able to keep the character. I also wouldn't be able to reward you any treasure.[/sblock]

Jallembo searches the druid and finds a scroll, a potion, and a small sack of coins, in addition to the leather armor (which is nicely embosed with a silver leaf on the left breast) and the quarterstaff (which is no longer covered in brambles). The sack contains 87gp, 34sp, a small gem (a chrysoprase worth 50gp).

Ximix

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Ximix provides minor healing, at least what he has left anyways. Then he heads off towards the skeleton room. In the room he can see a big book stretched out on the stone desk and the skeleton slouched in the heavy chair behind it. Two unlight braziers are attached to the wall on either side of the door just inside. From just outside the room he cannot see any other particular features. What does he check first?
OOC: Ximix can still provide two more 1 hp heals... but he doesn't want to do so just in case there is more fighting and he needs to stabilize someone.
When we can enter as a group, Ximix will let the others lead. He'll hang back, ready to Turn Undead on the skelly...
Once it is deemed safe, Ximix will assist in a search of the rooms, starting with the desk room, then the lab, and lastly the bedroom. Once all rooms have been thoroughly searched he'll be looking for secrets using his domain spell detect secret doors.

Amaury said:
"I propose that we either destroy that amulet or seek advice on it.. could it be the cause of all these problems here?

Ximix looks thoughtfully at the amulet. "I can prepare a detect magic after some rest... which might be wise. I don't believe there is further threat, yet... we are all in bad shape and my healing is down to the last two orisons. Jalembo do you have any healing available to you, just in case?" Looking the group over, the Elf indicates the room with the skeleton. "Are we ready to tackle the last room or... should we rest first?"

[sblock=Ximix's Spells]

Orisons: 3

Guidance
Light
Read Magic

First Tier: 1+1 (+1 Domain )

Bless
Hide from Undead
Knowledge Domain: Detect Secret Doors
[/sblock]

OOC: Corcio: I am glad to hear it was not you. We were shocked and though we guessed it was some stranger... the bizarreness of the actions just confounded us. I'm glad you are back, safely, though I am sorry to say that Manon did not survive the adventure. Perhaps you'll be able to get in on some of the big doings that are brewing in the RDI with a different character, perhaps Son of Manon =-)

To the group: Speaking of the big doings... in the RDI . . . if we want to get our characters into the next big thing we had better increase the post rate and finish this up.
I know that personally I would have ditched this a LONG time ago if I didn't have other characters to play... hopefully our group will be able to level but that seems unlikely, so lets get this done and on to something new.
No offense to Erekose13, you did very well, I am just frustrated at the achingly slow pace that this group posted.

Erekose13

Explorer
The skeleton behind the desk does not move. Jallembo even prods the thing to make sure. Ximix moves into the room to check it all and finds very little beyond what has already been discovered (skeleton, book, desk, chair). The other two rooms yeild little beyond smashed decayed objects.

Casting detect secret doors however reveals the faint outline of a door built into the top of the desk. After fidling with it for a few moments Jallembo determines that it is not trapped and that he can figure out how to open it. Meanwhile Ximix checks out the book which looks like it is all written in ancient Medibarian. Without someone who can actually read the language it would be very hard to puzzle it all out.

ooc: I can wrap this up in a couple of posts if you like. I've just really got treasure and XP left. As well as a quick finale with the villagers. I've worked all those out already so we can motor through it.

As an aside note that I've offered to allow corcio to keep Manon from the point at which he had to unfortunately take leave of the boards as I feel bad for killing a character while NPCing him. So you may find Manon in future adventures if he chooses to accept.

Animus

Explorer
OOC: Thanks for your patience. This PbP thing is not for me it seems. I need to wrap up my other game and call it a day.

corcio

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
:D
woo
ok im glad you guys are forgiving
i was really enjoying the posts until i caught up with my last few actions
it actually started a few turns prior. i had thought perhaps some admin was filling in for me or something
which i thought was weird but it made sense. until the point when everything just went all crazy
at first i though oh crap manon got controlled by some spell or something unbeknownst to the party. sadly no.
:-(
oh well yes i would like to be able to remove my character prior to his death is possible.
im not at all concerned about the treasure. and ill take whatever xp i can get (xp ftw)

um i suppose manon will trudge back to the inn
confused and disillusioned
but still thats better than being horribly killed

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo picks up all the items of the druid apart from the staff. He wraps the amulet in a cloth carefully and comes to help Ximix.

"I suggest that we take the book with us as well.. besides its value, it may tell us more about the place and the curse if this is what we face here.."

He notices the secret door and opens it after taking his time. "Yes let's check this door.." he says before opening it and raising his torch to light the area.

Ximix

First Post
Well I guess Ximix is just waiting to find out what is in the desk.
Past that, he will search for secret doors with his spell as mentioned...

Erekose13

Explorer
Inside the small depression within the desk, Jallembo finds a small slender birch wand carved with a small series of golden runes, a scroll made from a dark piece of thin tanned leather, two silver flasks, stoppered, with blue script below an embosed design, and 5 crossbow bolts made from a dark wood and silvered heads.

Ximix is unable to find any more secret doors.

Amaury

First Post
"Hey Ximix look at that!! Is there any magical stuff?" Jallembo says happily. The recent horrors are now completely gone from his mind and a slightly greedy smile can be seen on his young face.

He pulls all the objects carefully out to show them to the rest of the group.

Remove ads