L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

Amaury

First Post
[sblock=OOC] could be fun.. I'll check in. happy to have other encounters too.
btw, how do I level Jallembo to 2nd level? do I have to submit it to someone?[/sblock]

Jallembo straightens himself up a bit to look more authoritative, but he cannot help wink at Kyle. He thus decides to let Ximix do the talking expecting him to be better at talking the crowd than him.

Ximix

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Welcome back adventurers." replies Rich Gorth. He spots Kyle nearby and says, "Kyle, lad, go fetch your parents. The Tey's too I suppose." As the youngster (who had helped you find the cow) heads off towards the other two houses, Rich joins you in the centre of the buildings. "What news have you? I didn't see you this morning or yesterday in the barn. Is everything alright?"

Ximix smiles as much as he ever does, which is to say thinly. He keeps his tone even, gone are the more human facial expressions the group witnessed in the heat of battle and the stress of exploring the dangerous crypt. Replaced once more with the stoic and bland Elven priest of a mystic arcane god.
"We are well enough, thank you, though one of our company left under mysterious circumstances, I have a . . . feeling that he made it home safely.

"I will wait to give further details until your neighbors are gathered, to save repeating myself."

Glancing around distractedly, Ximix continues on with the group to a location suitable for a gathering of the locals, making sure he and Jallembo are able to fully scan the crowd from their position. Quietly instructing Garrit and Razin to watch the flanks and distract Rich while he and Jallembo conference.

Quietly, to the Paladin: "I will give a quick blessing upon our gathering, then cast my spells under the cover of that blessing. I will be searching for strong emanations of Chaos from any of the villagers. At the same time you can scan for Evil. If we find a likely foe within the ranks of the locals we must confer as to what to do next... it would go poorly for us if one of their young were possessed. We could not hope to make them see reason without explaining first... even then I doubt our chances. Our best hope is that these precautions net us nothing... that would be the best end to this strange experience. I will tell them of the druid, the crypt and it's potential uses and dangers, and the facts of our mission.
Do you have any advice on what to suggest regarding the uses of the crypt?"

Erekose13

Explorer
[RL Intrudes]

I've already emailed the judges about this, but I've recently hit a bit of a time issue in RL (for good reasons ~ a promotion) that has left me with little time to devote to Enworld. I'm currently working on getting some things off my plate which includes judging. This game is another that I'm going to work on finalizing before I retire from judgeship. As such I need to fast track the ending. I'll post tomorrow a quick summary of the final RP encounter as well as a list of what treasure you get after you pay to have it identified. I'm giving myself a week to finish closing this one. I apologize for having promised a satisfactory conclusion and not delivered but I'm glad that I was at least able to provide you with a finish to the adventure rather than leave you in a lurch.

Ximix

First Post
Amaury said:
OOC: no worries and thumbs up for taking up this game that was dying. great descriptions and ideas. merci.

I'm also sorry to hear you are going, though I am glad to hear at least you are leaving for a good reason.
I too add my thanks for taking this up and carrying it so far. You have provided a lot of fun and time, thanks for your efforts.
As to the conclusion, no biggie, we'll look forward to seeing what comes and hope you are at least able to continue to play on the boards.

Blessings
X

Erekose13

Explorer
[Loot]
  • suit of chain mail - masterwork
  • ornamental rapier - masterwork
  • 5 potions - lesser restoration,

gah! I had a huge post here and it ate it!!!

Erekose13

Explorer
[Loot]
  • suit of chain mail - masterwork
  • ornamental rapier - masterwork
  • 5 potions - lesser restoration, hide from undead, barkskin, cure light wounds, chill touch
  • 4 scrolls
    • scroll 1 - animate dead (divine)
    • scroll 2 - false life, cause fear, chill touch, disguise self (arcane)
    • scroll 3 - entangle, summon nature's ally 3 (divine)
    • scroll 4 - cure light wounds x2 (divine)
  • amulet - intelligent and very evil
  • leather armor +1
  • quarterstaff - not magical, nor is it special
  • 87gp, 34sp, a small gem (a chrysoprase worth 50gp) - not magical
  • wand - cure light wounds 1d8+1 (12 charges remain)
  • 5 crossbow bolts - silver
  • book - worth 150gp to a shop; 500gp to a historian of Medibaria (ie. the Chromatic Order in Old Medibaria

RP Summary:
no one in town in Chaotic or Evil, the one guy you suspect, Richard Tey is not evil. he is just suspicious of all outsiders. The reason I worked out for plot purposes is that the wizard who had come to the town several years ago cuckolded Richard and slept with his wife. Richard was too afraid of the man to do anything about it when it came out publicly. To save face no one in the town talks about it, but he still really hates adventurers.

As I'm not going to be able to fill you in on everything I'll just field questions about unanswered plot points that I missed. Here are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Q. What's with the stones with the runes on them?
A. Remnants of stones used by the original inhabitant of the cave to mark important milestones in his research. They have become buried just based on time. The dowsing stick found them because it detects magic and they were made with wizard marks.

Q. What's with the druid?
A. He was an old adventuring companion of the wizard (see cuckolding above) who came looking for his friend's rumoured ancient ruins which the wizard had never found. With his badger companion the druid located the old cave and dug in to find the old necromantic research lab. He was possessed by the amulet and began letting the undead loose on the country side.

Q. And the amulet is?
A. The consciousness of the ancient medibarian Necromancer who sought to live in immortality but couldn't accept undeath as a final solution, especially given his failing to find any sort of intelligent undead to turn into without going insane (he never would've made it as a lich). Its a powerful intelligent evil item that is almost destroyed by the combined might of the two holy members of the part.

Remove ads