L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

Amaury

First Post
Thanks for that.

Questions:
- what were the holes in the ground?
- was Richard a bit of a wizard as well?
- did he trap his farm himself as well?

Loot split:
unless you disagree, Jallembo will take Leather Armor +1 and Ornamental MW Rapier. If his share of the spoil is not too much he will want to add one potion and some coins. ;-)

Ximix

First Post
Erekose13 said:
[Loot]
  • 1 potion - lesser restoration
  • 2 scrolls
    • scroll 2 - false life, cause fear, chill touch, disguise self (arcane)
    • scroll 4 - cure light wounds x2 (divine)
  • wand - cure light wounds 1d8+1 (12 charges remain)
  • book - worth 150gp to a shop; 500gp to a historian of Medibaria (ie. the Chromatic Order in Old Medibaria

Ximix will express interest in the above, and make clear that he intends to go to Old Medibaria to research and sell the book. If that makes his share to much he will give up the scroll of cures first, then the other second, hoping to retain the powerful potion of Lesser Restore for some future emergency, be it his or a future compatriot. The Wand is the last thing his would willingly relinquish as it is a fall-back source of healing that he is quite enamored of.

Again thanks for the adventure Erekose13 and I hope to see you in the future on the boards.

Erekose13

Explorer
Honestly there were a couple of things from LiquidBlue's original adventure that I couldn't fit in. The holes was one. I figured Richard was actually a little bit wilder/psionic and hid it out of shame/fear. He did trap his own farm though I never really worked on how.

The original adventure called for the BBEGs to be brain moles. I just couldn't get into them so I swapped it for the ancient necromantic cache instead. The other thing I couldnt get past was the creature that originally attacked Richard sounded an aweful lot like a raggamoffyn from MM2 but didn't fit at all with the theme I chose.

Amaury

First Post
Ok, thanks for this. I never quite understood the trap scene myself.

Jallembo will propose to go to a historian to learn about the Book and get a price dor it.
So, Ximix fine by your choices, but would like to learn about the book. Potion wise, CLW one would be my choice.

Also we need to decide what we do with the Amulet...

Rest of the band? Still around? If not, Ximix and I will share the loot... :cool:

Amaury

First Post
also, are we allowed to go back to town to the RDI to seek new adventures?
Is it at the RDI that I sell my loot? To the bar tender or other players presumably?

Ximix

First Post
I think there was a post early in the RDI that told how much you get for selling stuff.

There are also a few player run stores that you can RP with the owners and see what they will buy and for how much.

If the others do not post any more we should find out the value of the remainder of the loot, divide it appropriately, then send them a message saying they receive that much if they respond to the message. If any do not respond, then I suggest the loot is divided among those that stuck with it to the end. Perhaps a bit mercenary... DM?

(Other possibility - if no responses - is that you could take more loot and use it in trade for a higher AC armor . . . like a +1 Studded or Chain Shirt. The value is usually much better on trades . . . I'd take the other scrolls and the book.
Just a thought.)

Erekose13

Explorer
Generally you can sell loot at 1/2 market price to an NPC without worrying about it. You can post in the marketplace (I think there is a thread there) or in the RDI that you've got stuff to sell to PCs. You can ask whatever price you think will get you a return. Or you can go to one of the shops and see if one of the shop keepers will give you a higher return. I suggest Rinaldo's shop for any magical equipment, as a Trader (PrC) he can generally give better deals. Trades are certainly possible, but they'd have to be with other PCs. NPCs will only trade you stuff at 50% market value.

Amulet has lingering magical/evil aura but with the turn attempt + holy smite/super critical I say its destroyed now.

Ximix

First Post
Thanks for clearing up the $'s

Erekose13 said:
Amulet has lingering magical/evil aura but with the turn attempt + holy smite/super critical I say its destroyed now.

So would it have any Jewelry value at all, is it Gold or Silver or Radioactive Slag? :lol:

Erekose13

Explorer
radioactive slag. the amounts of treasure i gave was 1800gp per person remaining, including Animus' character. That should be tons for 2nd level characters. That said handing it over to the person who buys the book will net you an additional lets say 100gp in curiousity factor.

Ximix

First Post
Erekose13 said:
radioactive slag. the amounts of treasure i gave was 1800gp per person remaining, including Animus' character. That should be tons for 2nd level characters. That said handing it over to the person who buys the book will net you an additional lets say 100gp in curiousity factor.

Erekose13 said:
[Loot]
  • book - worth 150gp to a shop; 500gp to a historian of Medibaria (ie. the Chromatic Order in Old Medibaria

so is that 600gp for Ximix to distribute then? How long will it take for Ximix to get to Medibaria and back to the RDI... enough time to participate in "The Big Adventure" ?

Remove ads