• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kender Game OOC thread. Warning: possesions will be borrowed.

Jarval

Explorer
I'll update my character tomorrow. I'm working up the stats for his cohort (a bard to follow him around ;)) and I'll get his back-story put together.

Glad to see we've found a few more players :)

Deedlit

First Post
Technically speaking, no psionics in krynn yes, but as this is beyond the war of souls, I'm letting it slide as being one of the many types of new magic(Which now coexist with high sorcery)

This is going along very well, I hope to start soon. I have this most interesting and devious plot I want to send you kender on.

Deedlit

First Post
*Looks in pocket for material component for an explosion spell* "Which one of you kender borrowed that gem? I need it for one of my spells."

Dalamar

Adventurer
The Forsaken One said:
Ah my level 0 powers from Metabolism can't be used. THe rest was ok, counted that for the rest but forgot with my 0 levelth powers.
You forgot Know Location is a 1st level clairsentient power.

Happy Gaming!

Lichtenhart

First Post
GoldenEagle, I have 2 minor remarks about your PC:

1) Spell Focus: Enchantment isn't a metamagic or item creation feat, so you couldn't take it at 5th. You could have taken Empower spell, and them Spell focus at 9th.
The robe doesn't make you meet the requirements for Greater Spell Penetration. Besides, it's really useful only if you cast a lot of spells that affect others, and divinations don't. think if you really need it.

2)Vestment of the librarian should cost (10+10)^2+20=8,000 gp
so you should have spent 4000 gp and 320 xp
Reverse engineering the rope of the Archmagi following the formulas in T&B we have:

Spell resistance 17 =50,000
armor bonus +5 =25,000*0.75
resistance bonus +1 =1,000*0.5
Spell Penetration =x*0.5
---------------------------------------------------
Total =75,000

So, the bonus feat should cost around 11,500 gp. This way, Taven's robe should cost 74,500 gp, not much of a reduction. It works better if you drop one point of SR (65,000) and/or Spell Penetration (which you can always take as your 15th level feat) (59,250/69,250)

I'm sorry if I make you spend more, this was meant to help you :(

Noelle sticks her hand in her pocket and feels around...
Walking back slowly to Deedlit she picks out the shiny thing and hands it over...

Euhmm........ shiny you know...

GoldenEagle

First Post
Regaurding the vestments, I just used boots of elvenkind + cloak of elvenkind +50% for same slot. I like your formula better; even though it costs more it seems to be more in the spirit:)

As far as the robe, I think there is a 30% adjustment because a person must be both good and arcane to use it. for 75,000 It is better to just make the full robe of AM... I think the way you did the math it would be about 52,150...
Either way I am cool with it...

Thoughts???:confused:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads