• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kender Game OOC thread. Warning: possesions will be borrowed.

GoldenEagle

First Post
D-

Couple quick questions

For our cohorts- same ability count? Full NPC GP?

since Kender can't learn decipher script, can we change that requirement for arcane trickster...it seems like a great fit for my cohort. I am thinking Arcane Trickster with Sorcerer intead of Wizard...Taven's Opposite in personality.:D

I'll have him up soon

When can we start???

Deedlit

First Post
Yes, that skill should no longer be a prereq if it's a kender going for it.(Instead, they must be able to cast 7 different illusion spells.) And yes, full NPC gp and 36 point buy for cohorts.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Dylon Shireman

Chaotic Good.
Handler 7/ Holy Liberator 9
Str: 14 (+2 from levels), Dex: 14, Con: 14, Int: 16, Wis: 14, Cha: 16 (+2 from Levels)
Hit Points: 146
Age: 27, Height 3’, Weight: 40 lbs, Hair: Sandy Blond, Eyes: Brown

BAB: +14, Fort: +8, Ref: +8, Will: +8, AC: 26

Skill ranks:
Diplomacy: 14
Sense Motive: 19
Hide: 10
Disable Device: 10
Escape Artist: 10
Open Locks: 10
Search: 10
Spot: 10
Move Silently: 10
Pick Pockets: 10
Perform/Pan Pipes: 10
Handle Animal: 9
Intimidate: 9
Ride/Dog: 9

Feats:
1) Iron Will
2) Improved Initiative
3) Mounted combat
4) Expertise
5) Weapon focus: Long sword (2 handed)
6) Exotic weapon: Long sword (2 handed)

Special Abilities:
1) Detect Evil
2) Resist Enchantment
3) Divine Grace
4) Smite Evil
5) Turn Undead as an 8th level cleric
6) Immune to charms and compulsions
7) Celestial Companion: War/riding dog(Akita) named Angel
8) Subversion
9) Pocket grab
10) Evasion
11) Uncanny dodge (Dex bonus to AC)
12) Uncanny dodge (can't be flanked)
13) Divine spells per day: 1st =2, 2nd = 2, 3rd =1, 4th = 1

Dylon’s Equipment (total cost 244,274gp)

1. +3 Full plate. With Shadow and silent movement (26,650gp)
2. +4 long sword of Icy Burst (72,315gp)
3. Major ring of fire Resistance (24,000gp)
4. Rod of Lightning and Thunder (23,000gp)
5. Pipes of Haunting (6,500gp)
6. Pipes of Pain (12,000gp)
7. Pipes of Sounding (1,800GP)
8. Pipes of the sewers (1150GP)
9. +4 Girdle of Giant Strength (16,000gp)
10. +2 animated small steel shield (16,159gp)
11. Ring of Sustenance (2,500gp)
12. +4 headband of Charisma (16,000gp)
13. 2 haste potions (1,500gp)
14. 4 Cure moderate wounds potions (1,200gp)

Angel’s Equipment
1. Saddlebags of Holding [as bag of holding #3] (7,400gp)
2. Collar of Speed [as Horseshoes of speed] (1,900gp)
3. +2 Elven chain barding (12,300gp)
4. 6 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (1,800gp)
5. All the rest of their equipment (tent and such.)

ANGEL!
Skills: *Dogs receive a +8 racial bonus to Wilderness Lore checks when tracking by scent.
Celestial Dog, Riding (Mount to Dylon: Holy Liberator level 9)
Medium-Size Animal
Hit Dice: 8d8+4 (68 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 40 ft.
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +9 natural)
Attacks: Bite +3 melee
Damage: Bite 1d6+3
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 15, Con 15,
Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +5, Spot +5, Swim +5
Feats: Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link, Share saving Throws, Speak with Dylon, Blood Bond.

Riding Dog
If trained for war, these animals can make trip attacks just as wolves do (see the Wolf entry). A riding dog can fight while carrying a rider, but the rider cannot also attack unless he or she succeeds at a Ride check.
Carrying Capacity: A light load for a riding dog is up to 100 pounds; a medium load, 101-200 pounds; a heavy load, 201-300 pounds. A riding dog can drag 1,500 pounds.
Skills: *Riding dogs receive a +4 racial bonus to Wilderness Lore checks when tracking by scent
Celestial Information.
Special Attacks: A celestial creature retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the following.
Smite Evil (Su): Once per day the creature can make a normal attack to deal additional damage equal to its HD total (maximum of +20) against an evil foe.
Special Qualities: A celestial creature retains all the special qualities of the base creature and also gains the following ones:
· Dark-vision with a range of 60 feet.
· Acid, cold, and electricity resistance (see the table below).
· Damage reduction (see the table below).
· SR equal to double the creature’s HD (maximum 25).
Acid, Cold, Electricity
Hit Dice Resistance Damage Reduction
-------- ---------------------- ----------------
8-11 15 5/+2

Last edited:

"Wiiiii Shiney!"

Noelle Shineydew

Female Kender Psion (Nomad) 16
Small-size humanoid
HD: 16d4 +48 (112hp)
PP: 115 +168 (283pp)
Init: +24
Speed: 25ft
AC: 32 (+ 10 dex, +4 Inertial Armor, +2 Improved Inertial Armor, +3 luck, +1 Amulet of Protection)
Attacks: BAB +8/+3, -2 str, +10 dex, +2 morale, +1 size
Damage: 1d3-2 subdual unarmed.
SQ/SA: Kender racial traits, psicrystal
Saves: Fort: +16, Ref: +23, Will +18
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 30, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 14
Skills: Escape Artist +26, Psicraft (+19), Knowledge Psionics (+19), Concentration (+19), Intuit Direction (+16), Hide +51, Move Silently +36
Feats: Improved Initiative, Resculpt Mind, Hide Power, Psionic Focus (Psychoportation), Greater Psionic Focus (Psychoportation), Inertial Armor, Psionic Prodigy, Extend Power(+2), Highten Power, Quicken Power(+8), Improved Inertial Armor.
Appearance: Age 37, height 3'8", 82 lbs
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: None
Languages: Common, Kender, Draconic, Gnome, Goblin

Powers: (DC 1d20 +Ability Modifier + Power Level +6 for psychoportation powers)
0 - level Psion Powers (talents) (0pp) 8
Control Shadow
Burst
Know direction
Detect Psionics
Inkling
Trinket
Far Hand
Missive

1st - level Psion Powers (1pp)
Deceleration
Call Weaponry
Feather Fall
Know location
Spider Climb

2nd - level Psion Powers (2pp)
Mass Deceleration
Control Air
Control Flames
Sense Psychoportation
Psionic Lock

3rd - level Psion Powers (4pp)
Time Hop
Schism
Negate Psionics
Control Sound

4th - level Psion Powers (6pp)
Chronology
Dimensional Anchor
Inertial Barrier
Dimension Door

5th - level Psion Powers (8pp)
Dimension Strike
Temporal Vortex
Teleport

6th - level Psion Powers (10pp)
Improved Fly
Trace Teleport
Retrieve

7th - level Psion Powers (12pp)
Divert Teleport
Plane Shift

8th - level Psion Powers (14pp)
Teleportation Circle

Psionic Combat Modes:
Ego Whip
Empty Mind
Mind Thrust
Mind Blast
Mental Barrier
Id insinuation

Displays:
See PsiHB exept for:

Visual (Vi):
Manifester covered in a bright green glow for the duration of the power.

Material (Ma):
A visible bright green matrix appears around the target area or target for a brief moment and disappears after one round. The matrix is utterly inert.
(You know, a 3D grid of bright green lines)

Auditory (Au):
From the manifester's vicinity or in the vicinity of the power's subject (manifester's choice), a high-pitched sound issues, strangely akin to childish laughter. The sound grows in a heartbeat from hardly noticable to as loud as a shout, which can be heard within 100 feet. At the manifester's option, the instantaneous sound can be so soft that it can only be heard within 15 feet with a succesfull Listen check (DC 10). Some powers describe unique auridory displays.

Equipment:
Nestiphae (Hostile Quick Shiney Psicrystal, +2 morale to attack and +2 initiative, Int: 13 and all special powers)
Amulet of Pink Protection (+1 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Shiney Psionatrix of Psychoportation (+1 to Psychoportation Powers DC)
Colourfull Skin of the Lucker (+10 to hide, +3 Luck bonus to saves, attack, initiative and AC)
Radiant Torc of Psionic Prowess (All powers cost 1pp less to manifest)
Storing Gloves of Borrowing (+6 dex)
Tatoo of Weerstand (+5)
Webbed boots of pointy eary thingies (+10 move silent and spider climb)
Cloak of the Treehugging kind (+10 to hide)
Iridescent tatoo of Sustanance (Creature requires no food, water or air to survive. Creature only needs 2 hours of sleep each day)
Stylish Polka Dots (Tatoo: +5 Initiative)
Sparkly Ring of 9 lives (Heal wearer when drops below 0hp or auto succeed save vs a spell that would normally kill the wearer)
4 Shiney Silent Portal Discs
Glittering Ring of the Darkhidden (Wearer is invisible to Darkvision)
Striped Bandana (+4 Cha)
Shiney Dorje of Invisibility (50 Charges left)
4 tatoos of body adjustment
2 tatoos of rejuvenation

Gear:
Bedroll
Blanket
2 grapling hooks
50' silk rope
10 days worth of trail rations
Small Mirror
Sissors
Razor
Dagger
flint and steel
1lb soap
empty sack
2 waterskins
a set of dice
a deck of playing cards
eight 100 gp gems, 35gp Gem, 10pp, 5gp and change

Mind's eye and custom powers:

Deceleration
Psychoportation (Dex)
Level: Psion 1
Display: Au, Ma
Manifestation Time: 1 action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Reflex negates
Power Resistance: Yes
Power Points: 1
You warp space around an individual, hindering the subject’s ability to move. The subject’s speed and maximum jumping distances are both halved. These effects count as enhancement penalties (so multiple uses of this power do not stack).

Mass Deceleration
Psychoportation (Dex)
Level: Psion 2
Display: Au, Ma
Range: Medium (100 ft. +10 ft./level)
Targets: One creature/level
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Reflex Negates
Power Points: 3
As Deceleration eccept effects multiple targets and greater range.

Chronology
Psychoportation (Dex)
Level: Psion 4
Display: Ma
Range: Medium (100 ft. +10 ft./level)
Targets: One creature or self
Area: Target creature and 5 ft. radius around target.
Duration: 1 minute/level(D)
Saving Throw: None
Power Points: 7
A bright green wave of force erupt from in front of you. You must make a ranged touch attack to hit the target. Any creature or object struck finds itself within a bright green gridlike matrix that prevents anyone in the area of effect to leave the normal time stream. This power prevents affected creatures and objects from being affected by spells and powers that influence time such as Time Hop, Time regression, Temporal velocity, Time Stop and others.
Spells and powers like Haste and Slow are suppressed while under the effect of Chronology.

Dimension Strike
Psychoportation (Dex)
Level: Psion 5/Psychic Warrior 5
Display: Vi
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: You (see text)
Duration: Instantaneous
Power Points: 9
You instantly transfer yourself from your current location to any other spot within range that you can see directly (or indirectly, such as through remote viewing or some other indirect means of viewing). You arrive at exactly the spot desired if you can see it. You cannot cast dimension strike through solid objects; even a curtain blocks you. You cannot bring along more than your medium load carrying capacity, nor can you bring along any living matter that weighs more than 20 pounds. Manifesting the power is a free action, like manifesting a quickened power, and it counts toward the normal limit of one quickened power per round. Thus, on arriving, you can still take your full round of actions.
If you somehow attempt to transfer yourself to a location occupied by a solid body (perhaps your perceptions are being controlled by a telepath), the power simply fails to function.

Temporal Vortex
Psychoportation (Dex)
Level: Psion 5
Display: Vi, Au
Target: Self
Area: 5 ft./level centered on you, 10 ft./level centered on you
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will Negates
Power Resistance: No
Power Points: 9
Ripping a tear in space-time, the manifester creates a vortex that sucks in everything around him. Everything that disappears into the rift reappears where they disappeared in normal time 2d4+1 rounds after the rift closes and are disoriented for 1 round.
Temporal Vortex has a primary and a secondary area of effect. The primary area is the rift itself: a blinding white sphere with a radius of 5 ft. per level of the manifester. Within that area, all unattended objects weighing 100 pounds or less are sucked into the vortex, as are all individuals who fail a Will saving throw.
The rip also creates a windstorm of air rushing into the tear. All unattended objects weighing 50 pounds or less within a 10 ft. radius per level of the manifester are drawn into the primary area of effect. Individuals in the secondary area of effect are forced to make a Reflex Saving throw. Those who fail must make a Will saving throw to avoid being sucked into the vortex.
Individuals who make their saves can act as normal but must make additional saving throws each round they remain within the area of effect. Individuals within the primary area of effect exept the manifester are effectively blinded by the bright light (100% concealment) for the duration they stay in the primary effect and for 1 round thereafter. Creatures sensitive to bright light are affected as if by a daylight spell.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Sorry for dropping in, but a few observations on your char Forsaken:

First, technically there aren't any psionics in Krynn. At least that's what my fickle memory tells me. But that's merely a flavor issua and can be overruled anytime.

The second is a rules issue: Inertial armor (or improved inertial amor for that matter) does not stack with bracers of armor as both are armor bonuses.

Hmm, I just noticed a third thing when looking at your power selection: you've chosen powers you don't have access to. To choose a power, you need an ability score of 10+power's level in the related ability score. Meaning that your character doesn't have access to psychemetabolic powers of any level and only 0-level powers in the clairsentience discipline.
And save DCs are also counted from the related ability score, not your primary ability score.

Just thought I'd let you know

Bracers = oopsie and I'll fix it.

Ah my level 0 powers from Metabolism can't be used. THe rest was ok, counted that for the rest but forgot with my 0 levelth powers.

And the DC's is one of the things that isn't complete =]

Are we gonna use psionics? (If no I'll put up something else if I can find the lust to do it somewhere hehe.)

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Reconsidering the Ranger.

The group needs a more tank like fighter. I was thinking of a Holy liberator from the Splatbook. I have to get ahold of a copy tonight and have him posted tomorrow. But I do know his name...

Dylon Shireman

If I can; I'll start him out as a fighter 6
Probably level 5 in Skiprock Champion than 5 levels of Holy Lib. (that way I can play a Chaotic aligned Paladin type)

Last edited:

I went for crippling enemies and to provide mobility for the party and some nice utility spells like spider climb, invisibility and such. I don't do damage or heal, I do the rest :D

Remove ads