• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I want to DM (But I need some help)

garyh

First Post
Timothy said:
I'll take you up on that garyh, as long as those pointers don't include something like: You should put in a holy avenger for my 1st level palladin, that will make it interesting :D.

I'm now thinking of a nice theme, and I'm itcching to start it. It will probarly become a bit more roleplay-orientated. (I'll read some more other threads)

Cool, Timothy. But a Holvy Avenger would make things more interesting. ;)

Sniktch

First Post
garyh said:
Finally, I'll make the noble sacrifice and play in your game if you'd like. :) I can help with any needed group nudging, and give you pointers as you go if you want.

ROFL. That's good, garyh :)

Let me make a vote for point buy also. I'm just starting to play in my first PbP but this looks like the best option to me. And even for your first one you probably want to focus more on RP than H&S.

garyh

First Post
Sir Osis of Liver said:
Oh, yeah and I'll be willing to make a noble sacrifice just like Garyh's. When ever you figure your game out I'll play.:D

We're practically martyrs, Sir Osis. :D

If psionics are allowed in the campaign, Timothy, I'd enjoy playing a Psychic Warrior. If not, I'm sure I can figure something else out. :)

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Sir Osis of Liver said:
You know garyh i don't think we're in any games together. Thats pretty amazing based on how many games you're in.

I believe you may be right.... BUT we will both be in the Hivemind game when Randomling gets that going. :)

Timothy

First Post
All thise noble sacrifices! I am honoured (I have players, before I have a game :D)

Point buy it is, and sorry no psionics allowed, I'm not familiar with those rules, and whenever I play, psionics always mess up the game (probarly the guys playing them ;))

The World will probarly be some home brew world, with the Core rules (Core books and splat books) and the FR pantheons (And Domains). Maybe FR as a whole, but I have to read it a bit better.

Something with gods should be nice, that's why FR is a good option.

Starting level is an issue, does it really matter if I start with a high-level campaign? It'll probarly be troubleome with char creation, but after that?

garyh

First Post
Timothy said:
All thise noble sacrifices! I am honoured (I have players, before I have a game :D)

Point buy it is, and sorry no psionics allowed, I'm not familiar with those rules, and whenever I play, psionics always mess up the game (probarly the guys playing them ;))

The World will probarly be some home brew world, with the Core rules (Core books and splat books) and the FR pantheons (And Domains). Maybe FR as a whole, but I have to read it a bit better.

Something with gods should be nice, that's why FR is a good option.

Starting level is an issue, does it really matter if I start with a high-level campaign? It'll probarly be troubleome with char creation, but after that?

No worries on the psionics, I'll figure something out. There must be something I haven't played yet. ;)

For starting level, if you feel comfortable with high level games from your PnP experience, then yeah, CharGen will be the only tricky part.

For starting level, if you feel comfortable with high level games from your PnP experience, then yeah, CharGen will be the only tricky part.

Same here, so long as you're comfortable with it, I'm willing to go as high as you want.

Actually, a high level FR game would be very appealing, to me at least.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads