• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Homebrew Worlds - 2nd Annual "For-Fun" Vote!

Homebrew campaign settings are never "complete" until you're not playing them anymore -- although I do agree; you need a certain critical mass before you really want to put it on prime time, so to speak.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Joshua Dyal said:
Homebrew campaign settings are never "complete" until you're not playing them anymore -- although I do agree; you need a certain critical mass before you really want to put it on prime time, so to speak.

Yeah, we'd all love to say our homebrews are ready for the spotlight but often new developments in roleplaying will change a world significantly. For me, Kulan use to be a loss less defined before D20 & the OGL gave me so many resources to help flesh out my world.

World of Kulan still a homebrew but now it has some great d20 System elements to it as well. Not to mention the stuff I've borrowed from fellow gamers, both the ones I know personally and the ones I know over the Internet.

I mean, how could the continent of Harqual (main campaign area) not change after adding Cauldron, Eversink, Mor's End, and Freeport? The campaign has to change will great new ideas.

Jürgen Hubert said:
It doesn't matter if it isn't "complete" yet - Urbis isn't "complete" yet, either, but it joined the list last year... ;)

And a great campaign concept it is too.

Question(s): Jürgen, when I ran this last year, did the fact that Urbis made the list affect how much you have, since then, worked on fleshing out the world? Did exposure increase the interest in your world?

After all, that is one of the underlying points of this exercise. Exposure of new campaign ideas. (Like the other Homebrews thread currently going on.)

Cheers!

KF72

Last edited:

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Thread Necromancy!

I stumbled accross this thread by accident, and I was wondering if any similar vote has been done since then...

Knightfall1972 said:
Question(s): Jürgen, when I ran this last year, did the fact that Urbis made the list affect how much you have, since then, worked on fleshing out the world? Did exposure increase the interest in your world?

After all, that is one of the underlying points of this exercise. Exposure of new campaign ideas. (Like the other Homebrews thread currently going on.)

Hard to say. I mean, I have been working on Urbis fairly continuusly, and I certainly haven't stopped. But Urbis does seem to have greater exposure now than in the past, if I read my download statistics correctly - but unfortunately, not enough to generate significant discussion on the Urbis Mailing List or even give me significant feedback...

I do hope that someone, at some point, will like the setting enough to actually run a campaign in it. But apparently I'm not quite there yet.

Nyaricus

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
Thread Necromancy!
Cool. Actually, I wish we could make a list of EN World homebrews. That'd be neat-o, I tell you :D

edit: actually, I think I just might make a new thread about that, and link it to my sig :D

Remove ads