• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Popular/Famous D&D/D20 HOMEBREW Fantasy Campaigns (Please Vote)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Joshua Dyal said:

Hey, my HBCS is named Bloodlines too! I have to check this out now just to see what he did. :)

Great minds think alike, huh? ;)

Dungannon said:
Count me as another vote for Piratecat's Spira as well as a vote for Arwink's Seldarn Empire.

Done!

Gez said:
I've my own world, but my web draft of it is so old I would really be ashamed of pimping it. I'll vote for Wyre. There's a grandiose feel to the setting, and I like Vancian wizards.

Another vote for Wyre. (Hmm, sounds like I need to read another story hour.)

If the web draft is online then send me the link by e-mail. I'll let you know what I think before you decide if you want to 'pimp' your world and webpage on this thread. Just remember, content goes a long way. A website can be the fanciest thing you've ever seen, but if the content bites... well... that's a problem.

On an official note, I still don't have any co-judges. Just remember that if you want to help me judge then your own HBCS can't be entered. I'm also looking for some official support form a D20 Company who might be interested in getting involved in this litle debacle.

It would be cool to make this an official contest somehow, but that might be taking it to far. Opinions?

Cheers!

KF72

seasong

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
Personally, I'm inclined to vote for all of them. I devour setting websites. But you're trying to figure out a list for "famous/popular" :). With that in mind, my votes:

Urbis - A really quirky, cool setting. If it isn't famous, it should be. This is my personal favorite.

The following are, I think, worthy, although not quite as beloved as Urbis to me: Aquerra, Dusk, PirateCat's Setting, SHARK's Setting, Wyre (Sepulchrave II's Setting).

Also, a note: I don't think my Theralis setting should really qualify. 90% of the actual setting stuff is in the story hour threads, rather than the website (which is mostly just the house rules I'm using). I think I've got a good story hour going with it, but it isn't the sort of setting that I would write a setting book around.

Unfortunately, my best setting (IMO) isn't d20, isn't fantasy, and is only partly online :). It's also not famous.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
seasong said:
Personally, I'm inclined to vote for all of them. I devour setting websites. But you're trying to figure out a list for "famous/popular" :). With that in mind, my votes:

Urbis - A really quirky, cool setting. If it isn't famous, it should be. This is my personal favorite.

The following are, I think, worthy, although not quite as beloved as Urbis to me: Aquerra, Dusk, PirateCat's Setting, SHARK's Setting, Wyre (Sepulchrave II's Setting).

All right, I'll add those votes in a minute.

I'm also thinking that Wyre might be popular enough to stand on its own without a website. (That's 5 votes for it now.) Question: If a person's HBCS gets tons of votes, should it qualify, even without a website?

Also, a note: I don't think my Theralis setting should really qualify. 90% of the actual setting stuff is in the story hour threads, rather than the website (which is mostly just the house rules I'm using). I think I've got a good story hour going with it, but it isn't the sort of setting that I would write a setting book around.

Unfortunately, my best setting (IMO) isn't d20, isn't fantasy, and is only partly online :). It's also not famous.

Well, at least one person on EN World thinks it is. And I looked at your website. It's got a lot of good content based on your setting... Gods, Races, and Beasts, as well as other campaign tidbits.

But it is your campaign. If you don't want it listed then I'll remove it. It's up to you.

KF72

Last edited:

seasong

First Post
Wyre & Theralis

Sepulchrave II doesn't have a website that I can find. Which means that, in a sense, it's not really available for general consumption. You have to read the story hour, and scattered links in House Rules, Rogue's Gallery and other places, in order to get any sense of it. I'd say that it's popular, certainly, but... Scattered information in message board threads does not equal a setting resource.

Anyway, I dunno. I'd like Wyre in there, myself, whether it qualifies as a setting resource or not. I get plenty of ideas and intellectual plunder from the stuff Sepulchrave II posts, even if it is scattered.

For my own setting... Ugh. On the one hand, my ego is near to bursting to have it on the list, but on the other hand, I don't think the website is up to snuff. Eh, go ahead and leave it on. I'll just try to suppress my phobic reaction to people looking at my not-being-updated and not-terribly-informative website :).

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Re: Wyre & Theralis

seasong said:
Sepulchrave II doesn't have a website that I can find. Which means that, in a sense, it's not really available for general consumption. You have to read the story hour, and scattered links in House Rules, Rogue's Gallery and other places, in order to get any sense of it. I'd say that it's popular, certainly, but... Scattered information in message board threads does not equal a setting resource.

Interesting... it's something that will definitely cause some debate here. It's interesting to pint out that Piratecat's HBCS was like that for a while too, and still is for the for the most part. Maybe Sepulchrave should consider a website since he's so much floating around on his EN World threads.

Anyway, I dunno. I'd like Wyre in there, myself, whether it qualifies as a setting resource or not. I get plenty of ideas and intellectual plunder from the stuff Sepulchrave II posts, even if it is scattered.

Xan you could post all those 'scattered' Wyre threads here so I can get a better judge of what he's created. I'd appreciate it.

For my own setting... Ugh. On the one hand, my ego is near to bursting to have it on the list, but on the other hand, I don't think the website is up to snuff. Eh, go ahead and leave it on. I'll just try to suppress my phobic reaction to people looking at my not-being-updated and not-terribly-informative website :).

Yes, we'll see. Ego is a delicate thing. The last thing you want is for people to start complaining that the site hasn't been updated enough. But we'll leave it up as a nominee.

But then again, maybe lots of exposure might give you a reason to update it more or get volunteers to help keep it updated. Never underestimate the power of the Interent. ;)

Cheers!

KF72

p.s. And in case anyone noticed, yes I changed my avatar again. I have a tendancy to change it a lot. What does everyone think of it?

Last edited:

seasong

First Post
Actually, Sepulchrave II's stuff wasn't as scattered as I remembered. There's a lot of stuff in the 5-6 story hour threads, mostly linked in the first post of this story hour thread, but most of the rest of the rules are posted somewhere in the rogue's gallery thread, which has notes on the demon prince and other fiends, celestial dignities (as templates), unique spells and magic items, characters, etc.

Of course, for some reason, he won't cross-link the two :p, but they are the same world.

seasong

First Post
Re: Avatar: I prefer avatars that let me see people* :). With that said, however, it's aesthetically pleasing.

* I am in the minority on this, obviously.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
seasong said:
Actually, Sepulchrave II's stuff wasn't as scattered as I remembered. There's a lot of stuff in the 5-6 story hour threads, mostly linked in the first post of this story hour thread, but most of the rest of the rules are posted somewhere in the rogue's gallery thread, which has notes on the demon prince and other fiends, celestial dignities (as templates), unique spells and magic items, characters, etc.

Of course, for some reason, he won't cross-link the two :p, but they are the same world.

Thanks for the linkage, seasong. I'm going to include both of those in the vote list, using the Rogue's Gallery thread as his main web presence thread.

From now on, any HBCS that gets at least 5 votes and has multiple EN World Threads (story hour, rouge's gallery, house rules, etc) qualifies.

Cheers!

KF72

Jeph

Explorer
What about Ken Hood's stuff? He's made more useful rules (firearms, psi, martial arts, grim 'n gritty, brushfighter, etc.) than anyone else I know. But does he not count since he moved and his site went down?

Remove ads