• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GC] A game of Childeren OOC

Sixchan

First Post
I'm not sure about a d4+con or d6+con, since 1st level characters always have the max HP for their die at 1st level, right? I think maybe 4+con would be better.

Anyway, I'll be back later...you won't be starting until later on, will you?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Make us human children keep it simple. Keep it easy. Start being mutants and i'll wanna be a slaadi child or maybe a cross breed with the aliens..ooh ripley jr.? Come on tim!

Want deadly? Want to act like kids? D2 con baby. That'll make ya think twice before doing anything. Kids are tough but one hit'll knock them out.

Basic skills would be based off of dex. no trained skills, you are young you are 6-8. Being as my gf has a 6 yr old he can read and write but not much beyond that. Balance? HA! Use rope! funny!

we get one feat for free cause we are all human. I like that rule, gives us some flavor.

Kid phobia? Wet the bed? Hate the dark? Don't like dogs, etc. At least one.

Special talent (all kids are good at something early on). Call it a knack. Very dextrous +2 on all skills with dex bonus. LIkes to paint, all artist check made with +2 bonus. Make it unique and keep the bonus to around +2. Kids are kids and they can all do one neat trick like impersenations or bigger than other (+2 to intimdate). Gives each of us a unique perspective on each other.

those are my thoughts...I still want to play a little girl that has dreams of becoming a singer like her mother was before the war...

Timothy

First Post
Leopold said:
Make us human children keep it simple. Keep it easy. Start being mutants and i'll wanna be a slaadi child or maybe a cross breed with the aliens..ooh ripley jr.? Come on tim!

Want deadly? Want to act like kids? D2 con baby. That'll make ya think twice before doing anything. Kids are tough but one hit'll knock them out.

Basic skills would be based off of dex. no trained skills, you are young you are 6-8. Being as my gf has a 6 yr old he can read and write but not much beyond that. Balance? HA! Use rope! funny!

we get one feat for free cause we are all human. I like that rule, gives us some flavor.

Special talent (all kids are good at something early on). Call it a knack. Very dextrous +2 on all skills with dex bonus. LIkes to paint, all artist check made with +2 bonus. Make it unique and keep the bonus to around +2. Kids are kids and they can all do one neat trick like impersenations or bigger than other (+2 to intimdate). Gives each of us a unique perspective on each other.

those are my thoughts...I still want to play a little girl that has dreams of becoming a singer like her mother was before the war...

HP: I was thinking 1+con, but this can result in negative scores, because I've got another plan.
So 4+con will do (exceptional childeren, as all adventurours are)
I'll Think I'll look through the list of skills and judge them on a case-by-case basis. Phobia and knacks are something to be worked in as well (traits and disadvantages).

And leopold, you can play too.

Sixchan

First Post
Leopold said:

I knew plenty of people my age when I was 8 who could climb ropes and balance pretty well. And according to my PHB, they aren't trained skills.

Agreed.

I dunno about wetting the bed. I mean, a fear of darkness or dogs is a much worse penalty than bedwetting really is.

Right, I like dressing up, so +2 to disguise? Sounds cool.

Perhaps we should get some aspects of a class we want to be when we reach first level. You'd have some bard traits, I guess, Aska'd have some aspects of a Cleric of Gond...

Ooh...yeah, maybe we SHOULD have that. If we get injured, how are we going to get healing? When I was 8, I could cure nettle stings and wrap bandages (we got first aid courses in school, though), so maybe someone who can heal (non-magical healing, of course) would be a solution.

Tim will be relieved to know that I've decided to simplify things and play a Human.:D

EDIT: Goodnight. I'll see you guys tommorow!

Last edited:

Drawmack

First Post
Here's what I'm thinking could simplify the entire kid thing.

1a) Skill points, int bonus and bonus skills from likes but for each advantage there is a disadvantage. For example maybe I had very strict parents so I learned to lie well +2 to bluff, -2 diplomacy. Using this makes a background essential and the + and - would have to be assigned by the DM

1b) We inform Tim, in private, what class we would like to work for and he assigns us some skill points and class skills based on that, this it probably the easier way to go for balance issues.

NOTE: use 1a or 1b but not both

2) One feat

3) HP: 4+con bonus

4) Stats: 10 point buy, though I think 12 point buy is better. (Rational allows for all stats to be placed at 10 before any size or other modifiers are applied)

5) Count as small is good because my 6 y.o. isn't very stroung but she could out maneuver a ninja master.

I think if we go with this our ECL should be about 1/2 which sounds about right for 8 years olds in this situation.

EvilMountainDew

First Post
Rawr, This is by far the kewlest idea ever. I agree with Drawmack intirely, so I can't really think of something to add. I'm not sure what I would make a character as, assuming you will let me in :D , but I think Ill model it after someone I know.

Originally posted by Drawmack
5) Count as small is good because my 6 y.o. isn't very stroung
but she could out maneuver a ninja master.

lol, I totally understand, like playing (American) football with my cousin. I LOSE!!!

I think you could add something that would make monsters/opposing beings go easy on us a little, would an orc go balistic on a little child, or coo him/her into coming hear him and doing something nasty?

Timothy

First Post
Drawmack said:
Here's what I'm thinking could simplify the entire kid thing.

1a) Skill points, int bonus and bonus skills from likes but for each advantage there is a disadvantage. For example maybe I had very strict parents so I learned to lie well +2 to bluff, -2 diplomacy. Using this makes a background essential and the + and - would have to be assigned by the DM

1b) We inform Tim, in private, what class we would like to work for and he assigns us some skill points and class skills based on that, this it probably the easier way to go for balance issues.

NOTE: use 1a or 1b but not both

2) One feat

3) HP: 4+con bonus

4) Stats: 10 point buy, though I think 12 point buy is better. (Rational allows for all stats to be placed at 10 before any size or other modifiers are applied)

5) Count as small is good because my 6 y.o. isn't very stroung but she could out maneuver a ninja master.

I think if we go with this our ECL should be about 1/2 which sounds about right for 8 years olds in this situation.

1A: I think skills are not the best things to look for when having disadvantages or traits. It would simplify it, but take away the ffeling of the game (I like phobias very much).

1B: I do not wnat to know what you want to do later on (and if I know I won't kep that in mind) because I will base all your advancement (stats and skills and your first class) on roleplaying.

2: Agrees

3: Agreed

4: Agreed, 12 point buy (which means I will add 16 points until you can start first level)

5: agreed, small.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads