• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GC] A game of Childeren OOC

Timothy

First Post
Okay, I've decided to start this game.
You will al be starting as 8 year old human childeren. More info here. The rules will need to be worked out, as well as the beginning setting, but I have a few good ideas for the campaign itself.

A Game of Childeren: The rules

Character Creation: Everyone will play a human child at the age of 8. You can choose to be either a boy or a girl, but this does not give any bonusses.
The character will be created using a point buy sytem used in living greyhawk, or in the DMG on page 20. You will receive 12 points.
Also, you will receive one feat, 2+int bonus skill points (everything except animal empathy, decipher script, all the knowledge skills, read lips, scry and use magic devise).
A child has the folowing stat changes, which will go away as he/she grows older.
-2 Str, +4 Dex, -2 Int.
All childeren have to choose one to three phobia out of the folowing list. This phobia can be overcome with age or roleplaying.

Fear of the dark
Fear of spiders
Fear of vermin
Fear of big animals
Fear of heights
Fear of people
Fear of abondonment

Or any other fear that you want to use. The DM will let you encounter your fears, but fears that not encoutered very often will not be affected.)

All phobias work as follows: Whenever A child is confronted with it’s phobia, he/she has to make a will save (DC 17 most of the times, varies on conditions). A failed save indicates that the child does not overcome his fear he/she will be panicked (DMG page 85)
Every Phobia will give you one of the traits out of the following list in exchange.
Traits come in three variaties. Bonusses on skill points, bonusses to ability scores or extra feats.

Skill points bonusses. One skill point bonus can be taken for each phobia you have. When taken one bonus for a phobia, it cannot be used to gain other bonusses. The bonus is +2
Likes to perform (perform)
Bully (intimidate)
Etc.

Ability score bonusses. One ability Score bonusses can be taken for each 2 phobias. The bonus is +1
Very dextrous
Very charismatic
Etc.

Extra feat. One Extra Feat bonusses can be taken for each 2 phobias.
Ambidextrous (ambidexterity)
Heavy Arm (power attack)

Advancement: These childeren all have been part of a great disaster, and will have to survive in a very hostile world. Therefor they will grow up pretty fast (mentally). They will quickly choose what path they want to walk on the rest of their life.

The DM will give everyone bonus skills and bonus points based on roleplaying. Your class will also be determined by the DM based on roleplaying.

Last edited:

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
I want to be a blonde hair blue eyed child of zion named: Illyana

um do we need a description or something for this or are we just winging it?

Timothy

First Post
Shapermc said:
Would we be chosing regular classes or the NPC classes (Aristocrat, ect. . .) as per DMG?

That's the catch, you start out onlt being a child, havind stats bought with 10 point buy, and you grow into a class, rather then choose one. Your skills and your class will be determined by roleplaying. I will use classes from the PHB.

Lichtenhart

First Post
WOW! Finally a game suited to my mental age! ;)

Just a question about the setting: is this modern or fantasy? I was trying to figure out what would be the approach of a 8 years old child to magic...

Sixchan

First Post
I'll play!

Do we have to use races from the PHB too, or could I play NiTessine's Catgirl?

Green Haired, Purple Eyed (could I say that magical radiation causes these colours to switch on occasion? It could give me a Disguise bonus, but it doesn't have to, I just think it'd be a nice aesthetic touch) girl called Aska Masaki. Human if I can't use the Catgirl.

Timothy

First Post
It will be a fantasy setting (normal DND).

The children are the sole (?) survivors of a catastrophy that struck their City. They city is a located on an island near a continent (like singapore and hong kong, but then without any method of travel between the island and the continent).

You'll each have to find out on your own how to grow, and defend yourselves against other 'lefe-forms' that have survived the catastrophy, or have found a way to eneter the island. Taking care of yourselves will be a very big issue.

I'm a roleplaying DM, so taking care of yourself relies heavily on roleplaying and not on skill checks.

I was thinking of allowing only humans, because otherwise age differences would play a to big role.

Feel free to contribute to the rules, as they aren't set in stone yet. Everyone (players and non-players) can contribute, but I will be the final judge of the rules.

This will be a campaign of very heavy roleplaying. It will not be very lighthearted, because you have to deal with the loss of family memebers and so on.

Sixchan

First Post
Catgirls have the same lifespan as Humans! And if we're roleplaying, being one won't be so much of a problem, right?

In terms of rules, we should be able to hide and move silently better because of our size, and because games like hide and seek ar so often played among children, right?

Also, as children, we should pick some sort of phobia (like a fear of the dark) to emulate both being young and having a traumatic experience.

Remove ads