• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E2: The Secret of Gemhold [Patlin Judging]

Manzanita

First Post
Percys surveys the group. Nars, Ridik, Rodimus, & herself. So if a gnome goes, one of her group must stay.

If Rodiums jumps, she will hurry everyone else into the cage with one gnome and request to decend. If not, she'll motion the others on board. "I can fly down, if necessary."

If the others go without her, and she hears combat, she'll cast fly, and go after them. Otherwise, she'll wait for the elevator to come back up.

Erekose13

Explorer
The fall is indeed within 60' so it should prove no problem for Rodimus to jump down (and indeed peering over the edge it is within the limits of his vision). Percy then joins Nars, Ridik, and Dal the gnome and the party descends to the main floor of the mine. As Rodimus leaps down he comes to rest at a point about 10' above the cavern floor. He is standing on a ledge that leads to several warrens that look like they've been barred off similar to cell doors.

At the bottom, the mine opens up with tracks heading in south from a large stalagmite holding the end of the tracks high above the cavern floor. The gate sits next to a pulley based system to draw the mine carts up to the higher level above. Dal returns to the top to get Min while the party begins scouting out the lower level. From what they can tell mine carts are brought here from the other southern tunnels and emptied. A small sluice allows the miners to separate gemstones from the rocks and debris. It is in disrepair and the piles of rock around it are growing.

Across from the ledge upon which Rodimus stands another set of warrens stretches along the wall. A set of doors looks to lead in below the cells down on the cavern floor. The cavern also heads north though that direction does not have any tracks to bring gems along.

Nars has a moment of vague deja vu triggering a recollection of a map or picture or description that he'd once seen or heard somewhere.

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
"Something's, er, familiar about this place," Nars mutters into his beard. He looks in disgust at the waste of such a beautiful mine. Nars moves quietly to each of the tunnels to peer into the darkness with his dark vision. He then waits for the gnomes to reappear, while listening for the sounds of slaves and slavers.

Velmont

First Post
Ridik looks at the mine. He stays silent and waits for the others to lead teh way. After a moment he changes his mind and asks "Do you think the gnomes are minng actually?" he asks, leaning an ear toward the tunnels.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Rodimus will sneakily move around the warrens to see if there is anybody to beat up or something interesting. If there is nothing interesting, he doesn't continue to the north-bound tunnel but hops down to where the others are.

Manzanita

First Post
Percy asks Dal, "Which way to your taskmasters?" To the others, she says, "Stop wandering about! We need to stick together. We'll strike quickly and hard."

Erekose13

Explorer
No sounds can be heard in the quiet mining operation. Ridik cannot hear anything coming from the mine tunnels nor can Rodimus hear anything from the various doors nearby. Peering in through the cell doors he can't see anything in there either, though its hard to make much out, even with his night vision. Nars continues to ponder why the location feels so familiar.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Where are they all?" whispers Ridik, not hearing anything. He then looks up and doesn't see yet Min coming back. "And what are doing those two gnomes?"

Erekose13

Explorer
A note to all my games, apologies for the continued delay. I'm back, but trying to catch up with the avalanche of work that has hit me being away for a week. I'll try to post tonight.

Remove ads