• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E2: The Secret of Gemhold [Patlin Judging]

Erekose13

Explorer
It takes a lot longer than anyone would've guessed, though perhaps its the waiting silently in the darkness that makes it seem like a long time, but the cage at the top of the column begins its descent again slowly. Min and Dal take their time to keep the winch as quiet as possible. Once they have reached the bottom the two emerge, Min hiding behind Dal again. You can tell she didnt want to come back down.

Quietly Dal points up to the caves, "The others are up there, there are small bolt holes at the back of the caves that most of us huddle in until forced out to work. The slavers have not been pushing us all day so everyone should be up there. Down at that end is where the slavers stay. They've made a home in our old community areas." To the last he points north back beyond the central pillar towards the doors on the right of the mine complex.

Manzanita

First Post
"Releasing the captive gnomes would create too much noise, and might cause enough delay for us to be discovered here. I say we head straight for the slavers, and trust that we will be able to kill them. Once we do that, we can free the gnomes and bring them back up to the light. Nars. Would you like me to turn you invisible so you can scout ahead?" asks Percy.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Rodimus will be anxiously waiting for someone to show him who to kill. He keeps eyeing the two gnomes, just in case they might try something and he would get a chance to kick them around.

Velmont

First Post
Ridik nods at Percy plans. He draws his shield, but not yet his weapon, thinking of which prayer he will do to his mistress to help his friends.

Erekose13

Explorer
The two gnomes nod in agreement to Percy's plan. Though they'd like to free their families now, it is pertinent to rid the place of the slavers. Sneaking forward Nars reaches the northern door. Checking quickly the dwarf is able to determine that there are no traps though the door was locked, it no longer was moments after Nars got at it. Everyone stands ready but nothing emerges yet.

Everyone is prepared to move into the area to the north. There is a heavy metal door that is no longer locked. It appears that you have surprise though you don't know what is on the other side of the door. Please indicate plans (who goes first? who opens the door? any spells cast?)

Manzanita

First Post
"OK. We open the door, and hit them. Hit them hard. These are the creeps who have tormented our dear friend Fondar, and his people. Rodimus, you go up front with Nars. Ridik and I will stay behind and cast. Dal and Min. You stay back, but if you have any advice, let me know." Percy points their positions out. She's already got her mage armor up, and plans to hit the enemy with an offensive spell, depending on the situation.

Remove ads