• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E2: The Secret of Gemhold [Patlin Judging]

Velmont

First Post
Ridik is hurt by the gnome's words. How mnay times he will have to live that again. If they weren't slaves but another group of adventurer coming to the rescue, he would have more likely get attacked and slaugther.

"Yes, I'm a goblin, but I'm not from this tribe. I'm not a warmonger green goblin, I'm a peaceful mountain goblin. My tribe lives in a monastery and we follow the words of Russna, and not of Naberezhnyi. I've help to figth your captor and I'm here to free the gnomes from the goblins. Don't be fooled by the appearance. And use your judgement." and he then looks at Nars. "And I don't know many dwarves that would allies with a tribe of goblins led by a demon. If we really were on the side of the goblin tribe, we would not bother to talk to you as we are more numerous, armed and stronger. All we ask is for your help to free the others."

OOC: Using communication domain to boost Diplomacy check. If you need a roll, here it is: Diplomacy check to convince the gnomes to help (1d20+15=26)

Manzanita

First Post
Percy rushes forward, dropping her crossbow. "Don't panic. You're finally free! Give us a chance!" She will try to grab the one teetering on the edge to prevent her from falling.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Rodimus watches with amusement as the gnomes are panicking, though his face remains stoic. Unless one of the others notes that they should stop the gnomes from falling, he does not interfere.

Erekose13

Explorer
Min releases her fellow gnome's arm before they plummet together off the edge of the abyss. "You fight the others?" she says confused. "Come on Min, they are here to help." the other says. It takes a few more plaintive tries before Min is safely back on land, but her companion convinces her that the party means well. Percy and Ridik's diplomatic efforts serve them well to support the other gnome's arguments.

"I'm Dalbin and this is Minwin. We can take you down into the mine. The over seers are hobgoblins. Brutes the lot of them. And the Butcher is a nasty bugbear who has tortured our people for so long. He revels in our pain and laughs whenever one of our older fellows falls beneath the whips of the slavers." says Dal the one gnome. "Oh Min! We're free, we'll get the others out too."

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars checks his weapons and tightens his grip. He is confident that the slavers in this cavern will be less imposing than the keeps defenders and should be quickly overcome.

As they descend further, he applies a critical dwarven eye to the mine structure and to the means of conveyance, noting any structural weakness in need of repair and estimating the amount of labor required to expand the mine into a proper dwarven operation.

Manzanita

First Post
"One of you may go to the top, if you wish." says Percy, as she hands them some rations to eat, & her waterskin. "But it would be nice if one of you stayed to help us find and destroy the rest of the goblins. We don't want to stumble upon any traps."

"You should know that Fondar has changed some during his adventures. But you will be able to satisfy yourself that he is up there. He would be very happy to see you."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Changed?" puzzles Dal, wondering what you meant. "It will be good to see Frondar again, but lets free the rest of our people first. Min and I will both go with you." he says motioning you towards the rickety cage. "I don't think that we'll all be able to fit in at once. But when we came up the task masters were not here, they were all with the rest of us or in their office. Hopefully it'll be the same on the way down and we can make the 2 trips it'll take to get us all down there. We can go down 4 at a time, who wants to go down first?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
"How long fall?"
Rodimus will take a look down. If the fall is around 60ft, he will jump down, slowing his descent with the wall.
[sblock=OoC]Slow Fall 40ft with automatic success on both Jump and Tumble to lessen distance by 10ft each gives 60ft of distance without damage.[/sblock]

Remove ads