• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E1: Tomb of Chaos [Judge: Patlin] [Concluded]

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: the passage south of this junction was closed and appeared like the gnolls had never found it. It is most likely in Nar's expert opinion that the gnolls were looking for an alternate entrance to the king's tomb beyond.)

SlagMortar

First Post
"So there's, er, just the one door. There was, ah, no lock or, ah, handle. Maybe the, er, rod could, er, help? I wish I had, er, a pick, and we could, ah, get it that way."

Erekose13

Explorer
A quick recap of the door:

This heavy stone door is made from a single piece of marble. It shows obvious signs of the gnolls' attempts at forced entry. A complex series of delicately carved glyphs once adorned the center of the door but has now been partially destroyed by the gnolls' untender ministrations, and much of it has been rendered illegible.

Spending time (take 20) to decipher the script on the door, only a few words are still readable: the words "Death", "Doom", "Betrayal", and "Magus", all written in Hieratic.

Patlin

Explorer
Judge Post -- DM Credits
As the holidays are coming up and this thread is more than a year old, I feel it's apropriate to award DM credits for the year of 2006. For excellent work from 1/1/06 to 12/31/06 (and before then as well, but DM credits started 1/1/06) I hereby award Erekose13 12 DM credits.

Continue the great DMing!

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot looks at the door carefully, "So, anybody have a way to open this? Or should Rodimus and I start trying to break it down?"

Manzanita

First Post
"Nezrak, do you have any spells that could open this door or the little box Nars found?" Percy asks.

OOC: Player checks Nezrak's CS. No 'knock' spell.

IC: "Oh. Too bad. Well. Can't hurt to try. Nars. First you see if you can figure out which way it opens. Up or in or out or what."

OOC: OK. We have a jackel key, but no keyhole. We have two 'doors' we cannot open. I reread the majority of this thread trying to figure out the last riddle. Erekose, can you give me a hint and let me know if I missed something, or if we've yet to encounter the answer to this current predicament?

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: sorry no hints in anything i've given besides the gnolls having battered at the door already. and really in the interests of passing the last door in the whole complex, you either have to beat it down or use a spell.)

(oog: wee thanks Patlin. I thought we were trying to keep this going in the new year and not awarding then till the games are all done)

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars is unable to find anything particular about the door to help them out. He gives his best estimate of a weak point and gets out of the way to let Gorefoot and Rodimus use their own special "Open Lock" tactics.

Xael

First Post
"Yeah, I have nothing to help at the moment. Sorry.", Nezrak answers to Percy.

OOC: Erm, yeah, still alive. Sorry.

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot will try first to force the door along with Rodimus (if Rodimus wants to help). If that fails, he'll do his best to beat it down.

Remove ads