E1: Tomb of Chaos [Judge: Patlin] [Concluded]

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars makes a warding gesture as the thing is banished by Gorefoot and Percy. He murmurs, "Glad to, er, have you all, ah, along." He gives the final room a thorough search just in case Percy missed a trap door or some such.

Then He helps to load up all they have acquired. King Toth escaping still gnaws at the back of his mind. I really hope we didn't somehow unleash him on the world at large.

OOC: Great adventure, Erekose. Definitely enjoyed it. I think Nars is now officially a pro when it comes to damage reduction. Maybe I'll eventually find an adventure without any. :) This adventure definitely let Nars show off his finding and disarming skills, which was fun if nerve racking.

Erekose13

Explorer
Okay, I've updated to loot pile. I think I've got it all. I can't remember if you've IDed all the magic items yet, but you have like 5 pearls if I remember right.

Da Loot:
Jewelry, gems, small valuables
  • 28 pieces of Lapis Lazuli
  • bronze ring
Masterwork items
  • masterwork battle axe
Magic
  • amulet (magic)
  • map (magic) <- Nestiphae
  • potion (magic) - clw (cl1) <- gnolls
  • ring of the ram (magic - Percy has it)
  • bolt x6 (magic)
  • scroll (enlarge person, charm person, and web)
  • black jackal key
  • darkwood rod engraved with inlaid gold sigils and topped with a gold cap
  • a small wooden box with no apparent means of opening it
  • a black half-mask
  • dagger (if you take it)
Mundane Equipment
  • Battle Axe x12
  • leather armor x15
  • heavy steel shield x12
  • shortbow x12
  • arrows x a lot
  • dire flail x2
  • holy symbol
  • cat-o-nine tails
  • dagger x2
  • handaxe x2
  • studded leather armor x2
  • bag of spices
  • quarterstaff
  • hide armor
  • sling
  • sling bullets x10
  • composite longbow
  • lots of mundane junk
  • bolt x8
  • buckler
Big stuff, interesting stuff, keys?
  • 4 books: A Brief History of the Curious Adaptations of Agriculture in the Glupa Inlets, The Care and Husbandry of Yellow Speckled Guinea Hens, Intermediate Studies in Mathematics and Practical Applications Thereof, and A Lady's Guide to the Judicious use of Magic in Noble Housekeeping
  • intact canopic jar x5
  • key
  • clasp
  • cloak
  • ancient furniture & art objects
  • several finely wrought alabaster plaques
  • a shrine
  • two alabaster cups
  • a corroded ceremonial dagger

2pp, 13gp, 29sp, 15cp

Last edited:

IcyCool

First Post
Erekose13, out of the magic equipment, what came from the gnolls? Because otherwise, I believe we agreed to sell everything else to the sage.

We should still identify the magic items so that we can get a better price, I'm just wondering which items we can keep.

Erekose13

Explorer
I've indicated it now above, basically not much. Whether you guys choose to hand over the magic items or not is up to you.

Also not included were any of the books in the library as the Librarian will want to keep them.

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Also not included were any of the books in the library as the Librarian will want to keep them.

OOC: That's right. We've got a bit more to do. First, let's use our identify spells. Nezrak can memorize five and cast them in the morning. I reread a bit; I don't think we used any of those pearls.

We've got that 'magical map.' we found on the gnolls, that you'd mentioned might lead to collaberative dungeon #2. Are you still up for that?

IC: "There's no way I want to turn in this box without knowing what's inside it." says Percy. "If nothing else, perhaps we can buy a 'knock' scroll before we return to the sage's guild and open it that way. As for our 5 identify spells, how about we use them on the amulet, the black jackel key, the darkwood rod and the map. We can buy some more pearls and do the rest before we get back to the guild."

"Also," Percy continues. "I want to talk to the librarian before we go."

Assuming Percy and the rest find him again in the libarary. "Hi Lorien." Percy says sweetly. "We've about cleared out this place. We're going back to Orussus. It would be a shame to leave all these valuable books here. They should be put in a proper library where they could be studied. What say we take these back to the sages guild?"

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: i'm up for a continuation based on the map, but not sure if i want to go with cooperative dungeon 2, we'll see.

Nezrak reveals (with 4/5 pearls):
  • amulet of natural armor +1
  • black jackel key of teleportation, only usable if destination and departure are both in the dungeon 1/day
  • darkwood rod, lesser metamagic rod of empower.
  • Teleport Map allows a user to study the map and use it with Teleport to jump straight to the location as if they were intimately acquainted with it.

"Oh hi again. Hmm, it would be a waste to loose such knowledge to time again, but I don't know if I really want to return with you. My kind are generally not welcome in cities." he replies.

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Oh hi again. Hmm, it would be a waste to loose such knowledge to time again, but I don't know if I really want to return with you. My kind are generally not welcome in cities." he replies.

"Really. What kind are you?" asks Percy. "We do have a wagon. You're obviously a knowledeable fellow. The sages in Orussus might even be able to hook you up with some work. We should take these books back with us. It's not safe for you to stay alone."

Percy plans to bring these books back. It seems like the right thing to do to her. Her group would get money, and the books would be put where they belong.

OOC: I guess we won't be keeping the map & key!

IcyCool

First Post
Erekose13 said:
[*]black jackel key of teleportation, only usable if destination and departure are both in the dungeon 1/day

OOC: Anyone else think that ye olde "King" is still haunting the dungeon?

Erekose13

Explorer
Lorien's form shifts from a peaceful looking librarian to look like a gnome, then a human woman, then a grey nondescript face. "I am a doppleganger. My race has unfortunately fostered quite a bit of hatred from the other races. It is in their nature, but not mine. Once I had finished working through all the books here, I had intended to take the Book of the Dead with me to study further."

walk through complete, no more treasure or foes make their presence known. King Toth appears to have fled.

Remove ads