D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

ajanders

Explorer
[sblock]
Michael raises one eyebrow.
"Really?" He gestures with his spoon. "People do seem worried about it. Would you like to sit down for a moment and talk about it? Perhaps between us we can find out what's wrong."
Michael pauses.
"Private Morgran, that's not against orders, is it?"

Michael starts to feel pretty confident in his opinion that Falon is not, in fact, occupying Duvik, oppressively or any other way.
He never served on the line, just as a medic, but he's pretty sure occupying troops don't get scared of the place they're occupying.

Though I'm sure Zaeryl knows how they could do it. Perhaps they've dragooned the squirrels into serving them. Yes, that's it. They've become Evil Overlords and forced the squirrels to serve them in their Evil Squirrel Ninja Army.
Whatever ninjas are.

[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Michael: ]
ajanders said:
"Would you like to sit down for a moment and talk about it?"
"Naw, that's all right", spoke the newcomer with some hesitation. "I, uh, got some things to take care of." The man walked away without a helping of the stew.
ajanders said:
"Private Morgran, that's not against orders, is it?"
"Tisn't", remarked Morgran, "But people around here like to talk about that about as much as they like to talk about what Carduthians do to slaves taken in battle."[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
[sblock]
It's on the tip of Michael's tongue to ask who the Carduthians are and what they do do to slaves taken in battle, but he decides he's on delicate enough ground as it is.
He does, however, make a note to stay away from Carduthia until he gets some backup.
"Private Morgren, I do believe I've done that fellow out of his dinner." Michael snags a clean bowl and spoon, dips a bowlful, and looks at Morgren to see if he can get the poor guy fed.
After that, he goes to bed. Tomorrow sounds like it's going to start early and go long.

Even money I run for my life three times tomorrow. If I'm lucky.
[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
In case it wasn't clear, we move out. Go. Take off. Get moving. All that stuff. :)

Lest this turn into the All-Michael-All-The-Time thread. ;)

Perhaps we should establish a seperate thread? Looking at a page full of spoiler blocks is highly aggravating -- not to mention the fact that looking at a page full of spoiler blocks one is not allowed to open has a tendency to decrease participation.

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Michael: ]
ajanders said:
"Private Morgren, I do believe I've done that fellow out of his dinner." Michael snags a clean bowl and spoon, dips a bowlful, and looks at Morgren to see if he can get the poor guy fed.
"Eh, no need to worry about him", opined Private Morgran. "He'll be back as soon as he figures out his belly hasn't been fed."

After dinner, Michael drifted off to what sleep he could manage, the heat and popping of the fire giving him some comfort.

OoC: This is a great spot to take a break in the story line while the other group catches up. I'm probably going to have to start a new thread soon, no matter how I do this, so keep an eye out for "Ashin's Commission II" or "Michael Grunnion, Fallonese Auxillary", or something like that.[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
In case it wasn't clear, we move out. Go. Take off. Get moving. All that stuff. :)
OoC: Yeah, I feel for you, Patlin.

Here's where we're at: I haven't heard from Almayce or Zaeryl to know if they're even with you guys. As for Michael, he's at a very good stopping point, and this is getting close to bumping up against the 1200-post limit, so at most there will be one more "Michael' post in this thread. I've been resisting breaking this up into two threads, but if that turns out to be the consensus, I'll do it, and the start of "Ashin's Commission II" seems like a tailor-made opportunity to do so.

As for the rest of you guys:[sblock=Eternity, Hulgyr, Ironwolf (and Almayce and Zaeryl?): ]Benefitting from the superior night vision that Hulgyr inherited from his orcish ancestors, the party picked its way up the rocky ridge until after the sun had clearly set. For Hulgyr, the darkness presented no problem. For the mounts, however, the fist-size rocks and stair-like ledges that they had to negotiate presented a much more serious problem. Although they responded to their mount's urging, progress slowed to a crawl.

OoC: It is now sunset, and there is too much cloud cover for the moon to help. If you wish to continue at night, it is clear that the party would make better progress alone on foot than it would riding or even leading the horses. And that's the party as a group; Hulgyr would make even better progress on his own.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf is unwilling to give up his horse in order to make better time in the short run... it seems unlikely that would work out well long term.

I take it Michael made it beyond the one mile limit without anything the psicrystal would consider noteworthy happened?

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
I take it Michael made it beyond the one mile limit without anything the psicrystal would consider noteworthy happened?
OoC: That's right. Of course, that means he could still be in the canyon not far from your current location, just not immediately below you.

Er, what would the psicrystal do once it could no longer contact Ironwolf?

Remove ads