D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
Eternity agrees with Ironwolf, she does not want to leave Kailie behind, largely because she has become quite attached to the horse. The practical implications of not being able to run from a bunch of angry soldiers has also dawned on her.

ajanders

Explorer
Ooc

Sorry. I've been pushing on this aggressively, I know, but it's hung about for a long time.
I have no objections to splitting into separate threads, but I suspect if we're all going to Duvik, we'll just bump into each other.
I never got the impression Duvik was that large a town, so I think we could hardly miss each other, particularly if the place is as Shaun of the Dead as it's starting to sound.

Whatever everybody else decides, I can live with.

El Jefe

First Post
Ironwolf and Eternity found the going increasingly difficult, and called for a halt. Almayce and Zaeryl were all too inclined to agree.

Hulgyr was faced with a choice...either abandon his mount to the care of the others, lead it alone up the rocky defile, or take a pass on exploring Duvik at night under thick, dark clouds.

B4cchus

Explorer
"OK, we stay here for tonight. I'm gonna have a look at Duvik. OK? I won't go in there but just have a look at the place. I go by myself. I'll be back."

Patlin

Explorer
"Be carefull, Hulgyr. We'd be dissapointed if you took on all the soldiers without inviting the rest of us."

ooc: On top of Duvik being small, there's the added bonus that I ought to be able to detect my psicrystal one I'm within a mile of it. Even in a large town, that'd make it hard to keep us unaware of each other.

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Hulgyr: ]
B4cchus said:
He will leave his hoerse with the grop and continue on foot.
Hulgyr climbed slowly but steadily away from the group. The going was hard and steep, it seemed to be at the limit of what a horse could navigate even without a rider. To his left, the slope into the canyon became steeper and steeper until it seemed that not even a mountain goat could negotiate it. Ahead, he became aware that a steep pinnacle loomed in front of him, rising much higher than he wished to climb. The best way ahead was to skirt the side of the mountain, clinging to a narrow slope between the mountain and the canyon. When the slope narrowed to a rocky ledge, Hulgyr paused. This would be difficult, and one false step would cast him down, down, far out of the range of his vision.

OoC: Proceeding further will require a series of climb checks. Does Hulgyr wish to take them alone, or make an attempt with the group in the daylight? It seems clear that the consequences of failing the checks by a large amount would be a nasty, possibly fatal, fall.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
[sblock=ooc question for El Jefe re: DM Credits]I have a bunch of DM credits I haven't spent yet, and based on the DM credit rules it looks like you'll be awarding me 12 more from clash of earth and sea due to the clause about the end of the year. I was wondering if it would be OK to spend them on xp for Ironwolf next time xp is awarded. As I recall, one must "petition" the DM to be able to do this mid-game, so I'm petitioning. :)

Edit: On second reading, the end of year thing only applies if we remove the system.[/sblock]

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Patlin: ]Yeah, I don't know when you'll "officially" be awarded the DM credits. I presume Ironwolf will get some XP from this adventure before you get the DM credits to spend, but I don't have a problem with you spending them in the middle of this adventure. I don't know if you have any "in the bank" from any of the other adventures you ran, but if you do, you're welcome to spend them during the upcoming Ashin's Commission XP award.

Seriously, even with ad hoc adds, I don't expect it to be a ton of XP, so you might consider doing that.[/sblock]

Remove ads