• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock]
ajanders said:
He looks the lieutenant in the eye.
"Sir, I'm ready to recieve your message now."
"I'm sure you are", the man said dryly. "Morgran!", he called so suddenly that even Michael was a little startled. A soldier immediately entered the tent, ducking as he did so, and gave an awkward salute. The officer addressed him.

"This prisoner has decided to serve the Volunteer Army of Fallon in order to earn our good will. See that he gets some mess and a place to sleep by the fire. And make sure he doesn't change his mind in the middle of the night and sneak away. You got that?", he asked.

"Yes, SIR!", came "Morgran's" reply.

The leather-clad soldier led Michael from the tent, indicated a spot not too far from the camp fire, and ladled out some stew from a communal pot into a bowl, handing it to Michael. He then helped himself to a bowl, and sat down beside Michael to eat. "Go ahead, I just gotta keep an eye on ya", was all he said before digging in.[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
[sblock]
El Jefe said:
"I'm sure you are", the man said dryly. "Morgran!", he called so suddenly that even Michael was a little startled. A soldier immediately entered the tent, ducking as he did so, and gave an awkward salute. The officer addressed him.
"This prisoner has decided to serve the Volunteer Army of Fallon in order to earn our good will. See that he gets some mess and a place to sleep by the fire. And make sure he doesn't change his mind in the middle of the night and sneak away. You got that?", he asked.
"Yes, SIR!", came "Morgran's" reply.

Michael is beginning to feel nettled about the regard in which he's being held. He takes a few deep breaths to calm himself, then a few more.
Serene thoughts. Let the anger wash over you like water over a stone...
"I did not come here to sneak away."

El Jefe said:
The leather-clad soldier led Michael from the tent, indicated a spot not too far from the camp fire, and ladled out some stew from a communal pot into a bowl, handing it to Michael. He then helped himself to a bowl, and sat down beside Michael to eat. "Go ahead, I just gotta keep an eye on ya", was all he said before digging in.

Michael takes a moment to pray, then digs in himself.
Well, at least it's not goat...

He looks around the camp as he sits, particularly interested in listening to the complaints and the war stories.
[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Michael]
ajanders said:
"I did not come here to sneak away."
The young officer did not seem to notice Michael's protest. Perhaps it was that he chose to appear that he ignored the cleric.
ajanders said:
Michael takes a moment to pray, then digs in himself.
Well, at least it's not goat...
The stew, while not first rate, was at least as good as he was used to and quite hearty.
ajanders said:
He looks around the camp as he sits, particularly interested in listening to the complaints and the war stories.
Well after dark, another soldier wandered by the fire. He looked at Morgran, then at Michael, then back at Morgran. "Who's the civilian?", he asked.
[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Michael: ]"Some guy who wandered into camp with Largo and Moar", replied Morgran. "Might be one of those guys who jumped them earlier today. Lieutenant wanted me to keep an eye on him." He turned to Michael. "So, what d'ya got to say for yourself? Care to say what the Boss said about 'joining up'? Not like he issued you a kit or anything."

Considering the circumstances, Michael found the soldier's demeanor remarkably calm.[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
[sblock]
El Jefe said:
"Some guy who wandered into camp with Largo and Moar", replied Morgran. "Might be one of those guys who jumped them earlier today. Lieutenant wanted me to keep an eye on him." He turned to Michael. "So, what d'ya got to say for yourself? Care to say what the Boss said about 'joining up'? Not like he issued you a kit or anything."

Considering the circumstances, Michael found the soldier's demeanor remarkably calm.[/sblock]

Michael blinks twice as he thinks what to say.

"I was one of those guys." Michael confesses.
"It was wrong, so I brought them back. Now I'm doing penance."
That seems to cover the basic facts of the case, without introducing anything confusing.

Boy, I hope these folks aren't inclined to get all vengeful.
Michael considers the fact that the other soldiers are all armed and that's he's not a particularly good wrestler.

Definitely hope these folks aren't inclined to get all vengeful.
[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Michael: ]
ajanders said:
"It was wrong, so I brought them back. Now I'm doing penance."
"Penance, huh?", said the newcomer with a trace of sarcasm. Apparently, he was familiar with the concept. "So, what's your penance for taking three of our men for a hike, eh?"[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
[sblock]
El Jefe said:
"Penance, huh?", said the newcomer with a trace of sarcasm. Apparently, he was familiar with the concept. "So, what's your penance for taking three of our men for a hike, eh?"

Michael blinks and tries to guess how much the lieutenant has told his men.
Clearly this will be an interesting way to find out. Can't think they'd send less than two men on a patrol, so I imagine people know they're gone...

"Your lieutenant has requested I go into Duvik and run a message to one of your patrols there."
Michael shapes the words to be calm -- as if he were discussing a trip to the general store, or perhaps the butcher's shop.

He watches the soldiers more closely than his sleepy eyes would indicate.
(OOC: Sense Motive to determine the true mood of the soldiers about Duvik. They may not want to admit their true feelings to me, each other, the lieutenant, or even themselves if it's as bad as we've heard.
Michael's Sense Motive check (1d20+3=20)
I have a bad feeling I'll be needing these die rolls for combat.)
[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Michael: ]
ajanders said:
"Your lieutenant has requested I go into Duvik and run a message to one of your patrols there."

(OOC: Sense Motive to determine the true mood of the soldiers about Duvik.
At the mention of Duvik, the soldier started. "Duvik?", he exclaimed. Recovering, he continued in a lower voice, "That's quite a penance. You better enjoy that stew, you might not taste it's like again."

OoC: Your sense motive tells you the soldier isn't bluffing. :)
[/sblock]

Remove ads