• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Almayce, Eternity, Hulgyr, Ironwood, Zaeryl]"Any direction is better than just sitting here waiting for that cleric to buddy up to these Fallonese soldiers and hand us over. Let's go." having already climbed up on Kailie, Eternity turns in the direction she thinks is Duvik and starts going.[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Almayce, Eternity, Hulgyr, Ironwolf, and Zaeryl: ]Tiring of inaction, Eternity spurred Kailie further up the ridge. Hulgyr and Ironwolf followed close behind, wondering if Almayce and Zaeryl would follow.[sblock=Eternity, Hulgyr, Ironwolf (and Almayce and Zaeryl, if they follow): ]The sun sank fast in the west, off to their right. The travelers decided that they had, at most, a half hour before they'd either have to stop and make camp, or risk riding on broken ground, with a canyon falling away beside them, at night.[sblock=Ironwolf: ]The link between Ironwolf and his psicrystal grew fainter and fainter as he traveled, until finally he believed that he could not communicate with it at all.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Michael: ]
ajanders said:
As for sending them a message..." he trails off to think for a moment -- actually, he's hoping the psicrystal will indicate it wants to go back and report -- " I'm pretty sure they don't want to hear from me. There was not a lot of support for trying to come here and make things right, even when I was talking to them in person."
OoC: I meant to continue this, but somehow missed your post yesterday, quite by accident.

IC: The young officer stared at Michael, stroking his chin as if he was playing with a nonexistant beard. For several long moments he sat there, evidently lost in thought. Then he spoke:

"That's a pity. They'll miss out on a chance to save their own necks. I suppose you'd be interested in hearing about the opportunity they've lost?"[/sblock]

Last edited:

ajanders

Explorer
[sblock]
"I would." Michael says, taking care not to sound desperate.
He considers mentioning his highest duty is to Sela, then decides he'll hold that caveat until necessary.

There may be a number of things that need doing here that don't contravene her service, after all. Lay one block at a time.
[/sblock]

B4cchus

Explorer
[sblock=Almayce, Eternity, Hulgyr, Ironwolf, and Zaeryl: ]Hulgyr suggests the group pushes on, maye even using the darkness as a cover.
ooc: do we have any clue on how far we are from Duvik?[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Michael]
ajanders said:
"I would."
The lieutenant seemed to relax a little as he spoke. "It's a suicide mission", he began, "but you seem like the type who would take it even if the choice wasn't between that or the noose." He scratched behind his neck.

"A few days ago, I sent a detachment into Duvik to reconnoiter." A sour look crossed his face, and he continued somewhat condescendingly, "That means go and see what's going on, and report back." He went on in a more usual tone of voice, "They haven't been back, and should have been back in a day or two. If you want a pardon, take a message to them, or at least bring me back news of their fate." The officer stared at Michael, awaiting an answer.[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Almayce, Eternity, Hulgyr, Ironwolf, and Zaeryl: ]
B4cchus said:
ooc: do we have any clue on how far we are from Duvik?
OoC: From the lay of the land, you'd guess it was on the order of miles, rather than tens or hundreds of miles.[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
[sblock]
El Jefe said:
The lieutenant seemed to relax a little as he spoke. "It's a suicide mission", he began, "but you seem like the type who would take it even if the choice wasn't between that or the noose." He scratched behind his neck.
"A few days ago, I sent a detachment into Duvik to reconnoiter." A sour look crossed his face, and he continued somewhat condescendingly, "That means go and see what's going on, and report back."
[/QUOTE]

Michael grits his teeth quietly.
It would be nice, just once, to meet someone who didn't think I was an idiot.
Then he returns his face to as much serenity as he can muster.

El Jefe said:
He went on in a more usual tone of voice, "They haven't been back, and should have been back in a day or two. If you want a pardon, take a message to them, or at least bring me back news of their fate." The officer stared at Michael, awaiting an answer.
[/QUOTE]

Michael blinks twice, then realizes this sort of behavior will only confirm the lieutenant's belief he's some sort of halfwit.
See? When you put yourself in Sela's hands the whole universe helps you do your duty.

He looks the lieutenant in the eye.
"Sir, I'm ready to recieve your message now."
[/sblock]

B4cchus

Explorer
[sblock=Almayce, Eternity, Hulgyr, Ironwolf, and Zaeryl: ]Hulgyr suggests a nightly scouting of Duvik. "Let's go an have a peek while it is dark. I will go alone if i must. I see just fine in the dark you know."[/sblock]

Remove ads