D&D Dungeon Master’s Guide (2024)

D&D (2024) D&D Dungeon Master’s Guide (2024)

So, Chris Perkins did a breakdown of the contents of the new DMG a while back:
  • Chapter 1 -- basic concepts
  • Chapter 2 -- Advice, common issues
  • Chapter 3 -- Rules cyclopedia
  • Chapter 4 -- Adventure building: including a template on how to build a single Adventure with at least one example
  • Chapter 5 -- Campaign building: including a template on how to build a Campaign from a string of Adventures, and a sample Campaign
  • Chapter 6 -- Cosmology
  • Chapter 7 -- Magic items
  • Chapter 8 -- 'A surprise': we have subsequently learned that the DMG has a full usable Setting, probably located here [Greyhawk...Confirmed?!?]
  • Appendices -- maps, lore glossary, including a fold-out poster map
Is there no plan for a variant / optional rules section or a monster / spell / magic item design guide? Those don't, to me, seem to fit on those chapters.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Is there no plan for a variant / optional rules section or a monster / spell / magic item design guide? Those don't, to me, seem to fit on those chapters.
I hope variant rules are included in their related chapters, either as sidebars or a section at the end of the chapter. That makes more sense to me than a whole chapter of optional rules.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
To be honest, it certainly looks like they are vastly overhauling the very kind of content in the DMG here: Monster customization stuff is probably in Chapter 3 along with Encounter building guidelines, if not the MM.

It does seem a lot of the variant rule stuff, along with the scores of tables, might be out, though.

Remove ads