Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

B4cchus

Explorer
Hulgyr's first choice would be the belt but the socks stockings have his name on them.
So Hulgyr's prefencesare:
1 stockings
2 belt
3 ghosttouch greatsword
Cash is of lesser interrest to him.

ajanders

Explorer
Michael is interested in the Dwimmerstone.
The bag of holding also intrigues him.

The cloak and belt are interesting, but he figures someone else will want those.

Cash is a fairly serious item for him, as he needs to completely re-equip.

Patlin

Explorer
RA, if you post cash values for the non standard items and the total cash (and equivalents), I'll post a proposed divvy and we can have each player post either "Aye" or "Nay" to aproving the split. Sound good?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I don't think the characters have any way of determining those values for the magic items, else I'd post them. I can, however, give you GP values - Raise Dead - Restorations - the money the Verdante Cleric took for his services. Assuming you sell all the lovely gems and art objects as well, you wind up looking at 52,327.88 GP net after those purchases)

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I don't think the characters have any way of determining those values for the magic items, else I'd post them. I can, however, give you GP values - Raise Dead - Restorations - the money the Verdante Cleric took for his services. Assuming you sell all the lovely gems and art objects as well, you wind up looking at 52,327.88 GP net after those purchases)

B4chus said:
I think we , more or less, have the following division:
Ironwolf: crystal sword
Zaeryl: nexus
Eternity: necklace
Hulgyr: belt
Micheal: stone
Almayce: ?

And leaves with the following items left:
+1 ghost touch greatsword (Hulgyr?)
cloack o/t beguiler
crossbow bolts
bag of holding
dorje (anyone of the psionicists?)
cog. crystal (anyone of the psionicists?)
stockings (Hulgyr's lucky socks?)

wand of cure serious (Micheal or Almayce?)
wand of flying (Almayce?)
3 power stones (anyone of the psionicists?)

To keep the conversation moving forward, what about a division like this?

Ironwolf: crystal sword "Warrior's Determination" (and Cog Crystal?)
Zaeryl: Psychic Nexus of Power Preservation (and Dorje of Energy Ray, 23 charges?)
Eternity: Torc of Self Mastery (and 3 power stones?)
Hulgyr: Belt of the Nyntarian Guard and/or Lucky Socks and/or +1 ghost touch greatsword
Micheal: stone (Dwimmerstone)(and wand of Cure Moderate, 32 Charges?)
Almayce: (nothing really suits?) Cloak of the Beguiler, Bag of Holding Type III and wand of Fly (12 charges) and Wand of Poison?

Sell
+1 Blessed Crossbow Bolts (Sell value=1/2 of 8,305 gp=4,152.5 gp)
Cash equivalent items: 52,327.88

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: Well we could try to price them ourselves. This would be pure metagamey knowledge and has nothing to do with the character's knowledge though.

• *The first stone has Psionic Revivify, and Psionic Restoration.* = 2,775gp
  • *The second has Object Reading and Sensitivity to Psychic Impressions.* = 300gp
  • *The last has Psionic Fly, Psionic Dimension Door, and Psionic Teleport.* = 2,525gp
  • The crystal greatsword--'Warrior's Determination': +1 Collision Greatsword that provides a +1 insight bonus to AC and saving throws while psionically focused. The item is empathic and appears to link itself to the wielder's psychic pathways and each of the major power nodes of the human body. It hums within your mind when there is psionics or magic about, a stronger vibration for stronger psionics or magic. Also, once a day it can use its connection to the body to manifest Body Adjustment (5 PP) on the wielder of its own accord and using its own action. The greatsword seems to be missing a crucial crystal that was once set into the pommel. If it were to be found, it might recover even more powers. = 1,000gp (crystal) + 18,000 (+1 collision) + 350 (MW Greatsword) + 6,750*.7 (+1 insight AC/Saves) + 6,000 (BA 1/day) = 30,075gp
  • The amulet --Torc of Self-Mastery: This powerful necklace immediately sends psionic shoots throughout the wearer's body and connects itself to the wearer's very being. Whenever the wearer uses a Psychometabolism power that affects her own body, the torc symbiotically (without any negative effect to the wearer) gathers a tiny bit of the energy used in the power and spreads it to any areas of the body that are damaged or injured. Thus, the wearer recovers 1 HP for each 1 PP spent on their self-targeted Psychometabolism powers. = ???
  • The dorje--Dorje of Energy Ray (Fire): 1,725gp
  • The cognizance crystal--Cognizance Crystal (9 points): 25,000gp
  • A large satchel--Bag of Holding Type III: It's a Bag of Holdin. It holds 1000 pounds as long as it is less than 150 ft^3 = 7,400gp
  • A pair of silken stockings--These items are filled with great power. They cannot be identified without stronger magic (perhaps a Legend Lore would help). Bend Luck... = ???
  • The sheaf of crossbow bolts-- +1 Blessed Crossbow Bolts: Counts as [Good] to overcome DR, 19 or a 20 crits without confirmation roll. The sheaf says on it in Old Medibarian 'In case of Rakshasa, take 2 of these and call me in the morning'. = 8,305gp
  • A small stone/rock, kept on a cushion in a box--The Dwimmerstone: As long as the possessor is in contact with solid ground (floors or towers count here, but not flying or swimming), she receives a +1 luck bonus to saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, a +1 insight bonus to AC, and can Meld Into Stone 1/day. If she is a Cleric with the Earth domain, she can Meld Into Stone 3/day instead and can also Soften Earth and Stone 3/day as well. Additionally, when taken to a place of great Earth Magic, this stone can be attuned to the current possessor in order to awaken its true powers (which are unknown). = 3,750 (AC) + 3,000 (saves) + 3,000 (skills) + 3,000 (abilities) + 5,400 (meld) + 17,280*.7(meld/Soften) + unknown = 30,246gp + ???
  • A mysterious sapphire with platinum clasps to attach over the chest (Vestment Slot)--Psychic Nexus of Power Preservation:Reduces PP costs of powers manifested by 1. - 36,000gp
  • Two wands--Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (32 charges) =2,880gp
  • Wand of Fly (12 charges) = 2,700gp
  • Wand of Poison (?? charges) = 420/charge
  • A sturdy belt--Belt of the Nyntarian Guard: These belts were worn by the elite guards of Magequeen era Medibaria, and they are inscribed with the symbol of the Nyntarian Guard. The belt grants a +2 enhancement to Strength and Constitution to any wearer, and the wearer may act as if under the benefits of the Diehard feat. If she actually has the Diehard feat, the wearer does not lose 1 hit point per round for taking standard actions while at negative health. If she is also a member of the Nyntarian Guard, she can act normally (take full round's worth of actions) while at negative health, but she still dies instantly on reaching -10 health. = 4,000 (con) + 6,000 (Str) + 3,000 (feat) + 3,000/2 (Nyntarian Guard) = 14,500gp
  • A soft smooth cloak--Cloak of the Beguiler: This type of cloak is often commissioned by Medibarian nobles, who value it's protection and enhancements, but thanks to numerous copies that were stolen and used by criminals and renegade mages, it gained its more common nickname. The cloak offers the wearer a +1 resistance bonus to all saving throws, a +2 enhancement bonus to Charisma, and a +3 competence bonus on all Charisma-based checks = 1,500 (saves) + 6,000 (Cha) + 18,000 (abilities) = 25,500gp
  • +1 Ghost Touch greatsword = 8,350gp

Erekose13

Explorer
A few notes on the calculations, there are many unknown factors which is a great hindrance when porting characters to other games with other DMs. I was under the impression that DMs could make up magic items but had to detail out what they did so that it wouldn't be a problem in the future. During adventure mystery is okay, post game everything needs to be spelled out. There were a couple of items that despite knowing what they do I didn't have a basis of reference for pricing them (namely the amulet that Eternity has).

Regarding the proposed treasure split, Eternity cannot use the Seer or Nomad stones so those will need to be sold because I believe no one can use them.

Remove ads