Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: Eternity is ready to pack it in. She is very sad that they couldn't do more for the villagers, but has no love of the Fallonese who in her opinion made the situation worse.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I have already fast-forwarded the helping out the villagers part. In fact, I was ready to return everyone to Orussus except for that Michael wants to go back to the Fallonese (which, for reasons that aren't immediately evident from what the PCs know, has some major complications). Hence the separate thread thing. It's worth noting that if a group splits off to go to the Fallonese, they don't have any of the magic/psionic items except the Dwimmerstone (since Michael was using it as a holy symbol), and the Dwimmerstone is unidentified )

ajanders

Explorer
Michael decides to go back to Orussus.

"I have been beaten by my good deeds long enough."

The set of his jaw implies that will no longer be the case and is alarmingly nonspecific as to why.
Before he leaves he breaks off a pine bough and spends a few minutes brushing the dust from his feet.

Then he walks away quickly, not looking back.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: An Appraise check can give you the general value of the pieces as if they were non-magical. As a rule of thumb, it's a decent lower bound, but sometimes items are more valuable than they would appear by an appraisal. Still, appraisals probably won't be too expensive--I wonder if DiSenzio's shop does it for cheap?

I just realised that it is non-trivial to find someone who can cast Legend Lore since it requires at minimum a level 10 Bard. Let's pretend there was one touring and visiting Orussus today)

*After paying the Bard for his time, the group sits and waits as the Bard inspects the stockings. Then suddenly, as if possessed, he begins to recite an epic ballad about an ancient battle, along with several texts that sound like mixes of manuscripts and poems. Apparently, these stockings have many names, but the most famous is the 'Invulnerable Socks of Rand'. According to legend, the socks were sewn by villagers grateful for a hero who saved them from a tyrant. A strange Enchanter somehow blessed the socks with the ability to absorb all the well-wishes and love from the villagers who thought of the hero and convert the wishes into actual good fortune, staving off harm. The stockings never reveal their true powers unless they judge their wearer to be a true hero, and they take a long time to make a decision. But even before then, if there are any others in the world who cheer on the wearer for good deeds and hope for her safety, the lesser powers of the socks will still activate, protecting the wearer from harm and bringing her good luck. It is said that while an unworthy wearer may still gain some benefits, she should beware, as the stockings, perhaps possessed of a spark of the original hero's courage and goodwill towards all, believe that anyone can be made a hero eventually with the right prodding, and so they have a tendency to use their ability to bend luck in order to thrust a cowardly wearer into conflict for the cause of good in hopes that her heart will open and her true hero will awaken. In one humorous tale from the Legend Lore, it was just the opposite, and the greedy selfish wearer of the socks met disaster after disaster instead.*

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: well not a one of us has Appraise. Almayce when he's back with us has the best raw Int bonus (+4). We could always sit and count out the coins from the art and gems first.)

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc.
Regarding Almayce: a raise dead should suffice, right? I suggest the Orsossus party has that done asap.
After that, they will have some time on thier hands before the duvik party arrives.
In that time they should be able to count the gold and have the gems and art appraised (and roll thier own appraisals to check if the appraisals are not too far off).
DiSenzio's sounds like a fine place to have that done.

The socks sound very interretsing (lucky socks anybody!). Do we have any idea on how to devide the loot? Lacking a gp value rules out the isea of 'buying off' items fromt he rest of the party. Likewise, it's difficult comparing iitems.

Remove ads