• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Erekose13

Explorer
RA, when you took over DMing this adventure I believe the concession to Zaeryl was that he would accrue combat + time XP but not RP XP. But as far as I can tell you haven't given any RP XP. Not that I think Eternity should get much at all, but Ironwolf, Michael, and Hulgyr have all rped very well in this game.

Patlin

Explorer
(In case I should have stated the above as an action, Ironwolf will visit merchants and find out what the market will bear for the crystal sword.)

Xael

First Post
Patlin said:
Almayce: (nothing really suits?) Cloak of the Beguiler, Bag of Holding Type III and wand of Fly (12 charges) and Wand of Poison?
OOC: The bag of holding is way too heavy for Almayce to drag around.

Almayce isn't that fond of cloaks and can craft stuff with the same bonuses himself anyway. I also don't think the cloak is worth the 25k, as the +3 to all cha checks is worth 4,500gp by itself (Circlet of Persuasion) and not 18k.

He's also trying not to go close enough enemies for the wand of poison to be of much use to him, and it's ridiculously expensive. I think the wand had 38 charges left.

Almayce could theoretically have use for the wand of fly, but he'd prefer money.

[NOTICE]: Almayce can craft some minor wondrous items like stat boosters or +1 resistance stuff. He'll give everybody in the party a 10% discount from the market price, and an additional 10% if they donate half of the craft points.[/NOTICE]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
This was my impression as well, which is part of the reason for the "Goruksblain" thread. Of course, an item which gets more powerfull if you restore it further could suggest that RA has a continuing interest in DMing for us, which I'd certainly be in favor of! :)
Most or all of you should almost certainly be in my Mega Adventure, I imagine. As for the items with missing powers, the extra stuff they do is not canonical and is not included by me in my value of the treasure I gave out--in other words, other GMs can choose the extra abilities as they like and should consider giving the power-up to be a separate treasure reward.

(in other words, let's say that I hand out the crystal to power up the Greatsword in a later treasure hoard. I would then consider the new abilities of the Greatsword to be wealth gained in the second adventure and not this one ;))

As for Erekose's estimates, you should note that I follow MIC standards and thus do not multiply x1.5 for common slot abilities (IOW, adding the +resistance to saves for the cloak). You can multiply it if you really want though.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
RA, when you took over DMing this adventure I believe the concession to Zaeryl was that he would accrue combat + time XP but not RP XP. But as far as I can tell you haven't given any RP XP. Not that I think Eternity should get much at all, but Ironwolf, Michael, and Hulgyr have all rped very well in this game.
I agree--I mentioned this earlier actually. I was planning on handing out some additional XP, but I think everyone agreed with me when I said that the XP amounts I gave out due to being forced to give out full XP for encounters were already so incredibly high that adding in a big chunk more would just be crazy (in my home game, I take away half the encounter XP to use later for story and RP awards, but I was told here by KO emphatically not to do that).

I would figure everyone has barely just had time to settle in to the extreme rate of advancement we've had, but if people actually are still jonesing for even more XP, I can totally give out more.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Xael said:
OOC: The bag of holding is way too heavy for Almayce to drag around.

Almayce isn't that fond of cloaks and can craft stuff with the same bonuses himself anyway. I also don't think the cloak is worth the 25k, as the +3 to all cha checks is worth 4,500gp by itself (Circlet of Persuasion) and not 18k.

He's also trying not to go close enough enemies for the wand of poison to be of much use to him, and it's ridiculously expensive. I think the wand had 38 charges left.

Almayce could theoretically have use for the wand of fly, but he'd prefer money.

[NOTICE]: Almayce can craft some minor wondrous items like stat boosters or +1 resistance stuff. He'll give everybody in the party a 10% discount from the market price, and an additional 10% if they donate half of the craft points.[/NOTICE]
(OOC: Yeah, I have 9500 for that Cloak. If you use the 1.5x, you get 12000

As for Almayce, yeah I figured that with CWI he would prefer money)

Patlin

Explorer
Xael said:
Almayce can craft some minor wondrous items like stat boosters or +1 resistance stuff. He'll give everybody in the party a 10% discount from the market price, and an additional 10% if they donate half of the craft points.

Ironwolf would really like a Periapt of Wisdom +4. He should have plenty of craft points to contribute.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
ooc: I thought it was deep crystal, if not its just the 1000 off. But yeah after reading the collission power I'm not too impressed. The other stuff is really nice in my opinion though. Its up to you though.
The collision power, unlike Holy or Flaming, is part of the weapon's damage rather than separate (for DR issues) and multiplies on a critical. That's semi-important

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
The collision power, unlike Holy or Flaming, is part of the weapon's damage rather than separate (for DR issues) and multiplies on a critical. That's semi-important

Yeah, I was aware of that. Still, if E13 is close on the price I still want to sell it. Let me know what they Orussus merchants are willing to pay.

Erekose13

Explorer
Re: XP, true enough. I had just remembered that from the discussion of the switch over and thought it important to bring up. I personally could use a little more but thats just me wanting to use my craft universal item feat. I'll blow a DM point or two for that though no worries.

Re: Item Prices, using the 1.5 consistently gives us a basis of comparison, but I can readjust to remove those. I agree that the cloak ended up being too high for my tastes too.

Re: DM based powers. Thats understandable, for those with these items, I'd link RA's post to your item description so that future DMs can read his intent.

Re: Collision, thats true, straight points of damage are multiplied where bonus dice of damage are not. Still +5 for a +2 bonus seems a little weak to me.

Remove ads